Help with Charging Biochar

they don’t have it any longer, I found the name it was Olivette All Natural. hope that helps

regards,

1 Like
6 Likes

This is day four and the smell is still there but much less. I’ve hit it with labs twice now and I think it might come around to a usable product. Thanks for the suggestion @herojuana.tom

4 Likes

Do an “A” vs “B” experiment with a couple plants.
That should help (one way or another…) :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Yes! I’ve got some seedlings going now. Either way, one of ‘em is getting some of this biochar just to see what happens!

2 Likes

Just a quick update for anyone searching Biochar on OG.

Day 8 of remediation. After being hit twice with LAB, the Biochar has dried and smells pretty good now, like fresh earth and ash. I’m hitting a small plant with some in the coming weeks so ill update again once its in use.

6 Likes

In the interests of keeping this thread updated on the biochar I’m copying this from my main thread.

I’m running a small test on the homemade Biochar today. I’ve picked out the 2 Alien Apparition and 2 Corey Heime that are the most similar is size and nodes. I’ve labeled them 1 & 2 and given 1 approximately 5% Biochar into the soil mix. We will see if there is any noticeable difference (good or bad) in the coming weeks.

Alien Apparition 1 & 2

Corey Heime 1 & 2

Biochar

7 Likes

Alien Apparition - With Biochar on the right, without on the left. Full disclosure, I did remove a set of lower leafs that were a bit funky on the AA without biochar (left side) so it looks smaller than it should but even with that the AA on the right is still out growing the left pretty clearly.

Corey Heime - With Biochar on the right, without on the left. The left plant is taller but the right CH has quite a bit more vegetative growth.

7 Likes

Alien Apparition with Biochar on the right, without Biochar on the left

Corey Heime with Biochar on the right, without Biochar on the left

3 Likes

So far the we have 2/2 males for Alien Apparition. Corey Heime we have one of each.

With so many boys this will end the biochar test. It’s only small sample but it’s enough for me to believe it’s a usable product and I’m going to start adding it into my soil at around 5% of the total mix. I hope this was helpful to someone thinking about making their own biochar.

Corey Heime with biochar on the right (male), without biochar on the left (female)

Alien Apparition with biochar on the right (male), without on the left (male)

5 Likes

Are those clones or from seed?

They were from seed.