Hittin' the highminwin road.. my first grow!

Blue painter’s tape works really good if you break or damage a stem too much. (Been there) if you kinda crush the fibers with your finger tips till it’s soft then bend, that seems to work good.

5 Likes

i recently did a foliar spray of neem oil on my plants, so i thought i’d take the opportunity while the tent was cleared to take group family photos.

introducing The Tropicals, by Mt Zion Collection. that tropical 3 really has done a number. she’s a little droopy from all the moisture, but such a strong grower. i’m hoping for a lady with some beautiful bountiful buds! but i also like the vigorous bushiness of tropical 1, who has always seemed generally happy with my erratic growing conditions. i’m not sure about tropical 2 yet.

here we have The Cindys, by Fleur du Mal. for awhile i had felt like cindy 1 and 2 were like close siblings, growing fairly similarly. but now i’m seeing a little more difference, with cindy 2 seeming more bushy. i’m sure my inexperience has stunted them as well and perhaps caused them to be more different than they would have been? i dunno. cindy 3 is an interesting one, as she’s decided to remain short, small and bushy, but still seems to have thinner sativa type leaves.

and here we’ve got The Durbans, also by Fleur du Mal. i’ve lined them up in descending order, cause it looks cooler. aside from tropical 3, durban 1 is the next tallest of the whole batch, but i feel he could have been larger. aside from my neglect and inexperience, i’ve also kept him on the outer edges of the tent, so he’s generally received less light than the other plants. i also notice that durban 1 seems to drink more than his siblings, as he’s droopy before the others. in an earthbox, i think durban 1 would kill it just as hard as tropical 3.

as a note, be careful about wrapping your humidifier up to protect it from overspray while you’re doing foliar sprays. just make sure you unwrap it afterwards, unlike me! when i came back to my tent the next morning, i was surprised to have 90% humidity in there even though it was set to about 60%.

15 Likes

Those are gorgeous babies. I like it when a runt turns in a beauty!!! props… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thank you for such a detailed thought out grow log props. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

thank you ColeLennon! yes i’m trying to document things that i myself would like to know and see as a new grower, so hopefully others can learn if they come by this thread later on.

2 Likes

Hi @highminwin! I’d put some object, hydroton? maybe inside the first pots (between those two, one on top of another) so there’s more room for you to see left over watering!! Cheers!!

1 Like

https://www.google.com/search?q=making+labs&oq=making+labs&aqs=chrome..69i57.6476j0j7&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=_kaKTYp22N567qtsPi6OzmAw17

Working on my first LABS RN. This video seemed to click with me more.

Honestly once it clicks it is the easiest thing ever

1 Like

that’s what it’s all about keep it up. I learned from forum grow logs and mentors online. Peace.

2 Likes

@Abbbian yes, i have some perlite in the bottom of the second pot, so it’s sandwiched between both pots. i thought it would help for the water to drain away and any roots to not be drowning in that water.

i was actually hoping to figure out a way to convert the pot-in-a-pot to be like an earthbox sip or something. i’m still working on it in my head and trying to figure out what exactly makes an earthbox an earthbox. like, can i just drill holes, do i have to create a soil wicking reservoir, can i just use wicking strips?

oh, i’ll have to check that out when i get a minute. thanks Kasper!

2 Likes

Just Google DIY SIP bucket, a bunch of tutorials should pop up. Basically it’s two 5-gallon buckets and a solo cup.

7 Likes

I would think wicking strips would work good. Since the holes in the bottom of the top pot probably aren’t completely connected to any surface of the perlite in the bottom pot it may not be wicking great. Also more perlite to make your reservoir taller so you can just water the bottom pot and not top water seems to be the main idea.

1 Like

Just make your own LABS it’s easy enough and you should have something in t few days :+1:

Depending on temp rice wash about 3 days and the milk part 3 to 5 or so days again depending on temp could even be a little quicker.

Check @CrunchBerries post https://overgrow.com/t/crunchberries-probiotic-sip-thread/78727/1

You’ll e see a very simple DIY SIP setup just adjust to your tent size and shape etc… There’s great resources in that thread pointing to other threads with great info in them.

Simple to the point LAB tutorial by Chris Trump
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ke4OQljVmg

Looking like happy babies so far in there :+1:

:peace_symbol:

6 Likes

Great job on the grow and the journal, your energy is contagious. Thank you.

Question: are you planning on mulching the pots and covering the EB?
How often do you give em water, just water?
More light? I believe cutting tent in half vertically will create 2 9sqft footprint(s). Bezos has a 120w qb for $25. Two of those dimmable and locatable b4 flower. EB Jr will apprecilove a livicated panel higher. Ok more of a suggestion than question, please forgive.
Great thread.

3 Likes

good morning min :slightly_smiling_face:

your thread is very good lovin the labeled pics
gonna be poppin some durban and cindy mix next i’ll pop a pic of the others ya sent i think you will have a laff they are over a foot tall in tiny net bags :laughing: they need new shoes
speak soon my friend :om:

like i said in my pm things are a little shitty here at the moment :cry:

:man_farmer:lime

3 Likes

good morning, lime! i know it ain’t quite as bright as it used to be in your corner of the world right now, but know that we are loving you and appreciating you with a brightness and immensity! these have been some wacky crazy and sometimes unfortunate times we’ve been going through. but there’s a beautiful community of wonderful kindred spirits here whom i’m grateful to have stumbled upon, you being one of them. and i know you know this.

it’s not my place to share your situation with anyone, so i won’t. but even though i’m a relative newbie around here, i have no doubt in my heart that all of our hearts are with you, lime.

i hope you don’t mind if i tag a few overgrowers to join us, just to say that we love you and that we’re here for you.

@DougDawson @Oldjoints @nube @santero @JoeCrowe @SonsOfAvery @FattyRoots @HappyTrees23s

and anyone else who wants to come in for a big ol’ overgrow group hug. so much love.

15 Likes

Group Hug

10 Likes

It’s always the darkest, before the dawn.

7 Likes

thanks for your shoulder man i trully am thankfull for kind souls as yourself :heart:
and all the other OGers
grief is a strange beast

im not worried about you sharin anything im not great at comunicating it probably helps

all the love man :om:

~lime~

11 Likes

@Limeflavouredheadbut
highminwin is dead on !
even if hard times drag us down sometimes,
we all have each other to build us up again :love_you_gesture:

12 Likes

I just read this whole thread, and wow first time. Your Killin it man. Keep it up. You seem yo have done your research. Someone said you couldn’t grow a full plant in 3 gallon pot, that’s all I use and I fill my 7 foot tent. By chop, yes they are rootbound but they still produce nice and heavy. I’ve seen what people do in the 5 gallon though and it’s nutty! Nice grow show @highminwin I’m here in a hammock, lmk if :fire: breaks out. O wait, it’s all over that tent :wink:

8 Likes

Keep smiling @Limeflavouredheadbut. No matter what life throws at us the measure of the person is how they deal with it.
Smile and the world smiles with you………
If you ever need anything or just someone to vent at feel free to hit me up…… Peace. OJ

10 Likes