Holy's Garden (Part 1)

Alright another update! I was gonna do a comparison shot of the roots from start in the res with poolshock to ~30 days later with poolshock. And then another comparison with day 1 of clorox to day 8 of clorox use but eh, all the pics are already on this thread so no real point there, can just look up :sweat_smile:

So on with the show!

Russian Snow on the left is ~15" tall, Purple MAC on the right is ~14" tall

Think it might be flower time soon. They’re both putting on about an inch a day, so at that rate I’m not sure I can wait until June 1st to flip, we’ll see what happens.

Purple MAC Roots

Russian Snow Roots

Northern Cheese Haze auto is coming along, not quite a week old yet.

She has about 12 roots in the water already, ppm’s are a bit high at just under 400 or ~0.79 EC but she should pull right through here.

and the Blue Dream from HSO is finally up and out of her shell! She was standing that far out the top of the rooter and had a full helmet that would not budge. I tried watering it a couple times to see if it’d help loosen it but after a day it looked the same. So I literally cut the shell off and then pulled the membrane off and now she’s looking fine.

will get her planted in an airpot with FFOF at the bottom 1/3 and FFHF for the top 2/3. See how that goes. She’s gonna be my soil/12-12 from seed experiment.

In other news, I picked up another tent, LA Garden 32"x32"x63" as I don’t think my 2x2x4 is going to work for this auto and there’s no room in the 3x3 for her tote. Not the tent sized I wanted really… but I have to redo this entire room ReikoX style if I want to get any 4x4 or larger tent(s) in here :rofl::sob:

Until next time!

13 Likes

Said screw it and flipped to flower today. They’re tall enough and I need to make sure there is enough room in the tent since there’s more than just 2 plants in there… I stuck the Godberry mom in there. She’s looking like she might autoflower as-is and I have so many beans to get to there is zero point keeping her around.

Thanks to @Tappy I switched the garden over to Maxibloom+Silica instead of Aqua Flakes+Calimagic+Epsom. I may still need the epsom but this is way easier to do (sans all the shaking). My aqua flakes are expiring or something as I suddenly have crystals everywhere in/on the bottles and none of my plants using it are looking right all the sudden. I also ordered some of the new two-part MegaCrop as an additional backup but I think the Maxibloom is gonna be fine.

Anyways, on with the show!
I started these guys with around 1/2 tsp Maxibloom and 1ml DiamondNectar. ~600ppms.
Purple Mac

Russian Snow

Northern Cheese Haze Day 8 - This one got 1/4 tsp Maxibloom and 1ml DiamondNectar.~300ppms Pretty sure that is either light or chlorine burn on the old growth, not sure as I’m still getting used to things on this run but the new growth is coming in good.

Blue Dream getting started in a 2gal airpot - I should’ve started another Mephisto instead :sweat_smile: This one’s on water only right now. Bottom 3 inches are 60/40 FFOF/Perlite and the rest is ~60/40 FFHF/Perlite

And I picked up two more RSpec boards from HLG and added them to my 320h-54a setup. These are mounted horizontal (for now) and have the LM301H’s and Cree 660’s instead of the LM301B’s and Osram SSL 660’s my old RSpec’s have…

See how this goes, I set up that LAGarden tent for the NCH and BD. It’s actually pretty decent quality, little thin but the easiest of the 4 brands of tents that I’ve tried to put together so far. I hope to move the Blue Dream into the 3x3 here in a month or so, if I can fit it, may be able to wait if I need to…

13 Likes

That does look suspiciously like chlorine burn.

1 Like

Yeah I think my math is off on the dosage, thinking more like 0.1ml/gal is the way to go. I did 0.8ml/3gal and got a ~10ppm increase. So 0.1ml/gal should be ~2.5ppm chlorine and safe while still doing the job.

1 Like

Yeah may be the issue. I dont pre mix the chlorine so i cant compare yours to what i use but I use 0.05g of 65% strength pool shock to a 120 litre (30 Gal) system every 4 days. I found that pre mixing the pool shock meant it would slowly activate while not in use and the strength of the solution will change over time. So i figured out how much in grams i needed to directly add so the dose is consistent.

1 Like

Hello, went through your grow so far, looks like nutrient lock out has been a major problem on the hydro side. When peroxiding to control bacteria, contact with organics sets off the radical that causes a major drop in the pH of the water to around 5.2-5.5 I did extensive studies on this years ago when I was growing hydro ebb and flow system. The chlorine effect is the same on contact with biologicals, when you feed more nutrients into that same water, this helps the bacteria more than the plant, over 72 hours the chlorine smell goes away and the war starts all over again.

You can save your hydro grow, it will take some research and hard work on your part.
Check this out if you get a chance. https://overgrow.com/t/the-mysterious-ph-fluctuation/9760

3 Likes

Thanks for reading! Yeah I definitely struggled with it a few times… and I always wait before I deal with it instead of recognizing it and fixing it immediately :confused: trying to get better at it though.

Anyways, things are looking better now. Got the Silica today so swapped the res on the NCH and lowered the ppms. Went with .1ml/gal on the Clorox this time. Got the water made up for the PM/RS but haven’t gotten around to swapping those yet since they perked up and flattened out.

2 Likes

Alright, these two pics are a day or so behind.
Group pic of the now Photo Tent

Godberry close-up

See if she does anything, experimenting with the nutes on her since she’s in soil.

Kind of a toss up between keeping her and the Blue Dream. I’m turning the other tent into an Auto Tent I think. Popped a Forum Stomper x Creme De La Chem yesterday and just took this pic now.

Got a 3.6Gal air-pot with her name on it. Gonna do FFOF+Perlite in the bottom couple inches, a mix of it and FFHF in the middle, and all FFHF+Perlite at the top. Hopefully I have enough perlite left…

11 Likes

Well, my grow plans after this run just got totally wrecked by @misterbee Thanks again for these!

Will start with all 5 Orange Goji’s here in 2-3 months or so once I can clear out the main tent.

Speaking of…

Maxibloom+Silica ftw! Currently at half dosages for both, half teaspoon per gallon. +1/8 Tsp epsom salt per gallon. I’m experimenting with calimagic a bit, using tap water too. somewhere between not needing it and like 1ml/gal but will come back to that later. Clorox @ 0.2ml per gallon every 3 days, 0.3ml if you have issues.

Purple MAC is about 22" tall, Russian Snow is ~23", Godberry is ~13". Been getting around an inch a day or so, I started flower around ~16" and it’s been 6 days so far.

15 Likes

10 Days into flower, the Godberry is starting :heart_eyes:

Pretty sure she’s gonna be like a 12" tall bud… well… like 6 buds but yeah. Ton of nodes all maybe a cm apart.

Next two look like they’re maybe a week or so from starting to bud.
Purple MAC

Russian Snow

I totally messed up this Northern Cheese Haze from Mephisto but she’s finally coming along now. Switched her from maxibloom over to the new Megacrop 2-part following their schedule and so far so good. Will see what happens as she’s 24 days from germination and if she starts flowering anytime soon i’m just gonna trash her and start over. Hopefully she comes around though and I can get some decent weight off her.

And then the Forum Stomper x Creme De La Chem is coming along

11 Likes

Most likely screwed on that northern cheese haze, but the others are looking great

3 Likes

Right? I think so too. I’m gonna keep her going and just see what happens for now, maybe I’ll get lucky. If not, I got plenty more seeds to try again later :smile: Thanks!

4 Likes

Once it gets past its damaged leaves and starts showing green again, it’ll take right off. I bet it’ll be even more resilient because of it

3 Likes

Just started Week 3, day 15. Picked up some Liquid Koolbloom and Dry Koolbloom to use with the Maxibloom. Starting out with just 1ml per gallon of the liquid stuff as of yesterday, so far so good. Buds have started developing.

And in other news… my tent is basically full. I need a 4x4x73 tent stat :rofl:
Lights(4x QB288 R-Spec) are at 320w at the wall, temp hits about 79 with lights on, 64 when off.

Had some more pics but apparently I needed to clean my camera or have some coffee before I start taking pictures :sweat_smile:

Here’s the 6mo old Godberry, she’s definitely the farthest along flowering.

Been debating on defoliating but I’m kinda scared to after last grow. When I defoliated the Godberry 3 weeks into flower it completely tanked her nute requirements and just didn’t grow right after that so I’m only cutting when I have too. So far that’s mostly just lower branches on the big girls. Haven’t touched this little Godberry though as she’s so little. May need to do something though to get her spread out a bit. Having like 6 almost 1ft buds would be fun…

12 Likes

A good way to do a little defoliation but not too much is to go through each node (pairs of 2) up the main stem and trim off every other fan leaves at each node. You can do just the bottom half, I personally like to go right to the top, although in flower, you’d probably just want to trim leaves that are blocking bud sites and leave the rest

2 Likes

Oh that’s a good idea I’ve never thought of! I may have to try that here at some point, thanks!

2 Likes

This is one of mine after I defoliated yesterday - granted still in veg

9 Likes

Oh wow, that looks like that opens up everything quite a bit! I’ll definitely remember this one and incorporate it in, seems like a really good way to do this.

I’m definitely switching to soil for awhile after this run. It’s hard to handle big nute swings in DWC so I’m super trying to limit what I take off and when to make it as easy as possible for me and the plants. Taking just a few leaves here and there like that though would definitely help out and shouldn’t hurt much… Will see. Thanks again!

2 Likes

I just grew the Franco’s lemon cheese last season
I am very excited to get home and sample it myself
Never tried a “cheese “ before … it’s been curing since mid April so I am hoping it’s fantastic already

5 Likes

Oh nice! Did you get some definite cheese smells off them? or any of that lemon that should be in there? I grabbed both just in-case as I really want a strong cheese smell/taste to breed with, or just keep.

I think the Exodus is supposed to be more musky cheese though, I was hoping the franco’s is more lemony/berry/sweet cheese.

6 Likes