Holy's Garden (Part 1)

I had the honor of meeting him in 2011 at the cannabis cup…he was cruising a sweet Kawasaki ninja.

RIP Franco.

2 Likes

aw man, lucky! I’ve never met any of the legends. Least been listening to The PotCast though on SoundCloud, bout as close as I can get at the moment :sweat_smile:

Those Ninja’s are nice too, had a buddy with one some years back but he’s no longer with us anymore.

Double RIP :cry:

4 Likes

Just scanned through your thread here…I’m gonna have to expand my seed collection…needs some hazes and cheeses in my gardens

2 Likes

If you want anything I got bro you’re welcome to it. Otherwise I’ll let you know when I start making seeds with that stuff :wink:

2 Likes

Almost to week 8.

Godberry
:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:
Still strong hashy/musky smell up front with that Lemon+Berry on the backend. Thinking another week or two to go at most. They all definitely seem to be finishing up faster under 11/13 than 12/12. Not sure if I lost out on any yield but she’s only on day 47 and this is what she looks like. Been alternating feed(~400pm) and just ph’d water+epsom salt.

Russian Snow
This is my favorite girl for sure so far. I kinda wish I cloned her, seriously. The smell isn’t great but still dankish in a good way, but these buds look fantastic! Just the right shape and frosty too! I’m thinking 3ish weeks?
Lowers

Purple MAC
She’s still coming along but ugh. I don’t like it lol. Lots of foxtailing everywhere, dense but kinda airy buds. Just long and thin buds with big calyx’s. They look dank and I like the big calyx’s but just the structure is garbage imo. At least compared to the Russian Snow. Thinking 3-4 weeks still to go.

Both these girls are still getting ~0.8-0.9 EC feed @ 6PH.
~1/3 tsp maxibloom
1ml calimagic
1/8tsp epsom salt

Northern Cheese Haze
Look how chunky this thing is!
Literally bud from top to bottom. Can’t really see any stem anywhere on this girl. No idea when she’ll be done or what “week” I’m in with her. She’s been putting out flowers for 31 days so far and she’s 60 days old in total. Mephisto says 60-70 days from sprout so maybe soon?

13 Likes

The magic smoke in the blower motor in my furnace escaped yesterday :sob: Temps hit like ~94ish at the top of the canopy last night. Pinned it down to that likely being the issue so called someone, aaaand $420 dollars later… go figure right? I got the blower motor replaced, the filters swapped out, freon refilled, and we’re back in action for the foreseeable future :crossed_fingers: :pray:

Wanted to say thanks again to @ReikoX for posting this:

in @Baltimore’s thread. I followed this post and mixed up two batches of soil to use for the next few runs here. I figured since the soil needs at least 3 weeks to cook that now is the time to get it started since I’ll be harvesting the current run within/around that time. No worries if it takes a bit longer as I’ll need time to start the seedlings before they go in the mix.

I got everything except for the Greensand as I couldn’t find it. All my local store’s said they just can’t get it at all anymore, but I didn’t press further as to why that is. Since it’s listed as optional I didn’t worry about it.

I did however, also mix in some Great White as I figured it can’t hurt (I’ve seriously seen a noticeable benefit using this stuff in general, is there a cheaper and/or better alternative?) and I didn’t see much myco/bennies getting added other than what might come from the compost… and maybe the peat?
Anyways, I put it all in a big tote and made sure the soil was moist and covered it with weed/landscape fabric so it can breath while it sits. Now to just remember to keep it that way.

Start of Week 8 - Day 49 of Flower - 11on/13off

2 x 2 x 4 Tent

2x SI-B8V521560WW 2ft/560mm Samsung Gen3 FStrips 3000K in parallel on a HLG-120H-54A driver. I don’t have the current wattage on this, IO pot is set somewhere around 60%-80%…

2 Gallon(Red) Air-Pot

• 2 parts Fox Farm Happy Frog Soil
  • 1 part Perlite
  • 1/2 tsp Great White

Godberry Clone
Day 49 of Flower / Day 177 from Clone

Just packing on the weight really, getting the bottoms fat and dense. I’ve had to hang up most of the tops with plant yo-yo’s. I didn’t have to do that when she was in the DWC before and I didn’t have added Silica back then either. Think she’s gonna be getting straight water from here on out unless she tells me otherwise. Last feed was basically the following res mix below, but added dry koolbloom at same rate of maxibloom. Almost done :pray:

3 x 3 x 6 Tent

4x QB288 R-Spec boards(3500K) in parallel on a HLG-320H-54A pulling 342 watts at the wall.

2x 10 Gallon Tote’s

• 8x 2x4" Cylinder Air Stones(4/tote)
  • 3x Dual Outlet 300Gal Aquaneat Air Pump’s(1.5/tote)

For Week 8 I’m down to 400ppm in the reservoir.

• 1ml/Gal Silica
  • 1ml/Gal Calimagic
  • 1/8 tsp/Gal Epsom Salt
  • 0.2 tsp/Gal Maxibloom

Dosed in that order. PH Adjusted and added 0.1ml/Gal Clorox Bleach

The set of lights above the Purple MAC are raised pretty much as high as I can raise them, maybe I can squeeze another inch or two. Decided I had to turn them down a bit instead. Both to get the heat down and cut down on any more foxtailing if I can help it. We were at 360 watts for most of flower which is the most this driver will do apparently with 4 boards on it. Was getting 375 watts with just two boards in parallel.

Russian Snow
Day 49 of Flower / Day 125 from Seed

Starting to throw out new pistils and really packing on the weight…

Purple MAC
Day 49 of Flower / Day 125 from Seed

Heat/light stress still but otherwise looking decent. The lowers that are closer to the RS height look better, they’re denser and the leaves look normal, but still these big stacked calyx’s.

Going to try and stagger the harvest on these two when the time comes. Just take all the tops of the tall branches down to around the middle major fan leaves that are blocking the bottom 1-2ft from getting light. And then let that bottom 1-2ft of both plants fatten up under the light for an extra week or two before taking them too. The bottom half of both plants have been pretty heavily shaded and while I have no problems pressing or cooking with any larf flower I might get, I might as well see if I can get as much as I can as fat as possible so I may not have to do that with as much of it.

The goal is to beat that 172 grams I got from my last run of that single mainlined Godberry. Technically these two girls vegged two weeks longer than that Godberry did. I think I’m gonna crush that goal but we’ll see here in a few weeks time :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

2.5 x 2.5 x 5 Tent

2x QB288 V2 4000k boards in parallel on a HLG-120H-54A running at ~60%, I don’t have wall measurements currently.

1x 3 Gallon DWC

• 2x 2x4" Cylinder Air Stones
  • Dual Outlet 125GPH Whisper Air Pump

1x 3.6 Gallon(Green) Air-Pot

• Fox Farm Happy Frog Soil
  • Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil
  • Perlite
  • Great White

Northern Cheese Haze
Day 33 Since Pistils / Day 62 from Seed

Nothing new here really. Still fattening up and smelling of cheese :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:
Thinking 1-2 weeks? Maybe a bit longer… She is exactly 10 inches tall and damn near all bud, one main cola with 4 side branches and not a stem in sight anywhere. Pictured is the main the biggest side branch in that order. I’m actually surprised how much she has bulked up since I switched back to maxibloom a few weeks ago. Definitely going to have to run the rest of my packs of this when I can. She’s been getting the same feed in her reservoir as the RS/PM in the 3x3x6 are getting.

Forum Stomper x Creme De La Chem
Day 22 Since Pistils / Day 48 from Seed

I’ve embarrassingly messed this one up hard, almost all the fan leaves are showing deficiencies and yellowing up, some are shriveling up and looking like they’ll drop soon. She only has like 10 fan leaves :rofl::cry: I’ve tried feeding basically what everyone else is getting and now I don’t think it’s getting worse anymore but not sure yet.The bud leaves don’t look bad really, bit dark in places and some tip burn… I find that a bit weird considering how the fan leaves look… Just trying to carry her to the end at this point and use this is as a learning experience. Sucks because this one has been my favorite overall this run just based on smell and structure alone. Oh well, should still be decent at the worst…

This one and the Godberry are my first foray into growing herb with soil, I’ve always done either DWC or Flood and Drain in the past… Hence that water-only soil mix I’m gonna use next. She still smells great at least. Thinking another month or so to go :crossed_fingers:

I might actually have to start harvesting something soon here regardless… It’s that or go to the dispensary :confused: Turns out I’m finally down to the bottom of my last Godberry jar from the first run :scream: :cry: Hoping the harvest from this current run can hold me over long enough for the next two runs or so after this.

14 Likes

The greensand isnt really useful unless you are going to recycle the soil. It doesn’t even begin to break down for months. The reason you cant get it may be because it is a mined mineral. They may have stopped producing it.

4 Likes

Ah okay, that all makes sense. Glad I’m not missing out then for sure at least :+1:

3 Likes

Reiko beat me to it. That greensand. I take my used soil mix it with my compost. I screened some more for outdoor use. However Ive been incorporating some slowly into my indoor mix. I had buggy issues. F*** thrips, fg’s, and stink bugs!

Could you mix some BTI in Reiko for a little bug control or not apply it or anything until shit hits the fan?

Glad you got your cooler working. You have some amazing plants. I run in the high 80’s up to 90. I have 4 fans blowing, lights out to 65 was creating outbreaks of pm. Carbon filter added 8° to my tent. It had to be added. Neighbors were talking.

Sorry back to the soil. I’ve tweaked it a tiny bit back n forth with Reiko. It’s allowed me to focus on other things growing. Every strain carries it’s own baggage tho. I’ve had some green til the end. Some fall flat. I wasn’t adding any cal mag. I was chasing deficiencies. Usually you’ll chase deficiencies instead of a flush and reset kinda.

I’ll be reusing most my soil especially if a plant was pulled early and didn’t flower in it and suck it dry. I’ll cut the rootball out add a little fert and drop a clone right in its place. My bum ass gets it in. Beautiful plants and space.:blush::v:

Sorry. Don’t forget the Kelp Meal for sure. I put that white on everything. I’ve been getting some east coast love from Maine but that Particular brand. I’ll pull it in a bit. Comes in a box. Nature’s something. Crack for plants. Get nice right bud structure. The taste from the soil to bud is second to none. I’m if hydro passes those earthy tastes. If not I’d rather stay soil. Ramblin man out.

5 Likes

Definitely got the kelp meal. I think its the same brand. cardboard box with a baggie. I was wondering on if there might be deficiencies with this and what they might be. I’m under these LED’s too and the plants always seem to need extra mag to get going under there. And that’s with my 70/30 cal/mag ~150ppm tap water. Even my outdoor plants need extra mag lately. I do have plenty of calimagic and epsom salts left if I need it though.

My next run plan is these 5 NL5Haze x Sensi Star beans from Mel Frank in 2012. Flower them out at a foot tall to try and keep em short in 3 gallon pots. My hope is a small preservation run for F2’s if I can get lucky on a male/female ratio. If I can get it right(will be first time making seeds) I’ll be planning on giving some away here as I only need/want a couple packs worth to run later if they’re truly good old school northern lights. So yeah, sticking to the recipe above and hoping it’ll be mostly good the whole way. Not trying to get any beasts out of this :rofl:

I do want to reuse the soil(shit was expensive!) and have looked at a few ways to do it. Think most said just add a bit more peat/ewc and good to go. Maybe a bit more amendments if there was a deficiency before… :thinking:

The next run(s) after the NL5’s will be some kind of Goji’s for the foreseeable future. I have Goji OG F2’s on the way from Barefrog :heart: possibly a couple F3’s from Sincy to try for him if he wants, and then a few goji crosses. Got 5 beans of 50State’s Orange Goji, a 12-pack of LEDSeedz Bodhi Tree, and a 5pack of Subcool’s My Sharona. Figure there’s 100% chance of finding some keepers from these beans :rofl:

For the soil, just running the Godberry again in Happy Frog instead of DWC this time has totally sold me on going soil for the future. I may do one off DWC’s or something when I really need some weight or something and can spare the extra time it takes. Just getting burnt out on spending 1-2hrs a day down there WORKING instead of just oogling plants :rofl: The smells are just way more complex… or just literally getting smells I never got in DWC at all. I will say though that she was a bit frostier in DWC than now, but the buds look better now than before so whatever.

7 Likes

I’m a NL fiend. You suck! Lol. I’m gonna need lots of pics.:+1:t2::rofl:. A nice chardonnay from 2012. The NL is my my lady. I had 1 fem bean from Nirvana. Just said Northern Light. Back in my thread there’s pics somewhere. I can’t believe I didn’t keep it cloned. It wasn’t that NL5 tho. I’m looking for original WE, WR, NO. Always looking. :blush:

I’m gonna plant some of Tappy’s Blue Lights Cross. Try a blend of the Light.:v:

6 Likes

I use LED too, that’s what the dolomite lime is for. It’s basically powdered cal-mag. :grin:

Anything LED Seedz will be frosty as fuck.

4 Likes

Yeah same here :laughing: Love me some NL! But that NL5Haze holds a special place for me. I can’t get enough of that hazy day-dreamy stone. Been so long! Really hope I can at least get a breeding pair out of them. Will be taking clones for damn sure regardless to keep the best one/pair around for use later. Will for sure have plenty of pics! And hopefully, a ton of beans to share too :wink:

Ah I thought that’s what that was for, helps if I read what I’m buying :rofl: Will see how this goes before I go adding anything else. Thanks for all the info! Definitely hoping for some frosty keepers when the time comes ^^

6 Likes

Chopped the center cola of the Godberry for a tester.

Starting to really get some amber trichomes even though its only day 50 of 11/13 in there. Still don’t think she’s done yet but I’m about out of herb :scream::sob: Have to go buy some to hold me over for the next 3 weeks or so :sob:

I think the soonest anything will really be close to done will be this weekend, start of Week 9 or so, but I really want to let them get as fat as possible before taking anything down. Least with this cola out of the way the center of the Godberry can get fatter before I take the rest of her.

7 Likes

Christmas Time! Gift from a fellow OGer :heart:

Saving these for after the NL5 (maybe seed-)run. Should be poppin 'em around first of the new year :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

I’ll pull up a chair for that hunt!!

Cheers
G

5 Likes

:heart_eyes:
Maaan, this puts a kink in my plans. I thought it was gonna be NL1 x NL5 not NL2 x NL5 and I was probably gonna wait on them. Now I might have to run these with or just after the NL5Haze x SensiStars I’m gonna do next. Will come back around to The Doors after the Goji runs. Want just a bit more experience, and plenty of herb jarred up before I get into 16+ week hazes :rofl: Eventually though…

In other news…

FS x CDLC - Day 51
Here’s the full plant shot so you can see all the damage :cry:

I just find it weird that all the bud leaves look mostly good, too dark if anything, but almost all the fan leaves are getting eaten. About the only good thing I can see, is that my buddy that only grows auto’s says every time he runs Sour Stomper they do the same thing no matter what he does, but every other auto he’s grown does not. Just the stomper’s, so maybe it’s normal for her?

Here’s the close up bud shots

If she turns out anything like the NCH she’ll be all bud before too long but with the way she’s looking I’m not positive. Oh well, will be some good smoke no matter how much I get.

Godberry - Day 52
Day 50 tester was waaaay too soon. I looked at a portion of it under my high powered microscope at work today and its like 50% clear, 40% Cloudy, and surprisingly already 10% Amber, Maybe by this weekend(7 days from tester cut) she’ll be ready :thinking: Trying to balance buying herb and cutting some down but yeah day 50 is too early even on 11/13. Last one was day 60 of 12/12 and could have gone another week if I wanted zero clear trichomes. This one at day 50 looks pretty damn close to the last one at day 60. We’ll see.

Nice and open with that middle (tester) cola gone. Just fattening up now. She’s only getting PH’d water at this point and starting to fade :pray:

Purple MAC - Day 52
Check out these foxtails! She definitely doesn’t like upper 80’s/low 90s temps :rofl:

And that’s all I got for now. The rest look basically the same as day 50. More to come this weekend/next week.

14 Likes

Chopped the Northern Cheese Haze and the Godberry today. Have to have to something to smoke :cry:
Plus I started seeing little balls growing on the the NCH, most of the hairs have turned and most of the trichomes are cloudy so figured its time. NCH was 70 days from sprout, mostly 24/0, last month or so was 20/4. That’s max breeder recommended time. I trimmed the few fan leaves she had and hung her whole so see if there’s a difference drying, plus I can’t find a stem on her :laughing:

The Godberry was 56 days of 11/13 since flip. End of week 8/Start of week 9. She thankfully started having some amber trichomes but not much, ~5%. Maybe it won’t be quite as sleepy this time. Had to split her up into 10 or so branches and have her hanging, fan leaves and all. Here’s a couple pics from a couple days ago.

Maintaining ~65F/~60RH for everything.

Now that I have things drying, I can definitely let these other 3 finish up for another couple weeks.

19 Likes

Lets try the paper towel method, or in this case, coffee filter sandwich. Since they’re lint free, the roots shouldn’t get tangled in it. 8 year old beans here so we’ll see what happens. If any sprout then they’ll go to solo cups.

:heart_eyes:

10 Likes

Start of Week 9

Purple MAC

Dont’t mind all the yellow, lot of light burn from earlier.
Check out these tops!

Russian Snow

Thinking another week or two to go. Nice having some smoke already drying, don’t have to worry about cutting these down until they’re absolutely ready.

Tried a bit of my 50 day tester of Godberry and that stuff smokes so good, definitely better/smoother/tastier with this grow in soil than the last DWC run. And this was just FF Happy Frog + maxibloom and epsom salts. Looking forward to the rest of it when it gets done drying here. Definitely foresee having to press a good portion of it as its got a lot of popcorn buds and larf but the tops are all dank. More soon!

14 Likes