Holy's Garden (Part 1)

Yeah, I don’t have any allergies, though. At least, I don’t think I do.

Thanks, @Who. I’ve been meaning to change my avatar to the Dodgers logo for months, finally got around to it yesterday. It seemed appropriate, what with the Dodgers making a mockery of the idea that the Padres are some sort of “rival” and all haha. You gotta win a series or two before you’re a rival!

4 Likes

Yes! That’s a perfect description of the “nose burner!”

:cowboy_hat_face::chile:

3 Likes

oh if i have males flowering, then my allergies go crazy, even in a sealed tent with no airflow… And I don’t have allergy issues normally.

I haven’t noticed that from the girls really. This one doesn’t make me wanna sneeze or anything but she sure smells good! Can definitely get that fizzy thing going on…

2 Likes

Do you mean sealed with NO air flow? How long will a plant last in there?

Well not air tight or anything. I keep the side duct holes towards the top of the tent partially open, but I do not run a fan or anything.

4 Likes

Ahhhh I see. Thanks!

1 Like

6 days into drying the FLC BX1 Big Girl, chlorophyll smell is just about gone and I’m getting straight lemon and spicy on the buds, almost like a spicy lemon cleaner on the trich rub :thinking:

We’ll have to see if more of the sweetness comes out over the next week of drying, and maybe in the cure… tho this one wasn’t the sweetest smelling of the bunch, think that was the fat pheno.

11 Likes

5 Likes

Crappy!? Keep’em coming! Congrats!

2 Likes

Think these gnats are what wrecked my pnl2’s. Yellow cards all half full after a few days. I’m not seeing many left in the tent after a week :pray: The PNL2 #5 up front has one cola that looks straight done, seeing degraded trich stalks with no heads, no new hairs, but the rest of the buds on her all have new pistils… Betting gnat damage fried that one cola…

Trichs on all 3 PNL2’s are waaay less than the nl5hss/flc’s. I know trich’s don’t mean potent though. Some of the frostiest bud I’ve ever seen(ice cream cake) was mids at best when it comes to potency… There’s actually some straight bright purple trichomes on these girls, the whole thing, stalk and bulb all bright purple. I’ll see if i can trim a bud off or something and get a good pic of them.

I’m SO ready to get these out of there and setup another flood tray to rerun these in hydro. The clones of them are almost 2ft tall… I may have to trim them back agian… The extra extra clones are rooted and need put in pots… things need to hurry up! :joy:

4 Likes

Yeah, my PNL2 is definitely the least-frosty plant. She’s frosty, but she’s got those kind of “sandy” trichomes, very fine, as opposed to the big ol’ swollen trichs that the other plants have. I have to look real close at her flowers to see them.

She also just refuses to finish. When I was watering last night, I noticed that her flowers still have a lot of white pistils. And they’re everywhere, too, top buds, lower nugs… Everywhere. Super-annoying haha. I was thinking I’d turn the lights off and let her sit in the dark for a few days starting tomorrow, but after looking at her last night, I decided I’ll probably let her go to day eighty before I do that. That’s only three days away, but I do wanna at least try to get her to finish up properly. I may let her go even longer, I dunno.

Didn’t you get some Gnatrol a while back? That shit will get rid of any fungus gnat issues in just a couple weeks. Or quicker, even. I thought you picked up some of that a while ago.

3 Likes

ah ok, well least its not just me then :sweat_smile: was slightly worried the gnats and my soil game are why the trichs are fewer and farther between than my other plants.

I did not grab the gnatrol, i was looking for it locally but never found it and then totally forgot about it until you just now bringing it up :sweat: I ended up grabbing just the yellow double sided sticky traps and thats definitely working, just not as fast nor as sure as the gnatrol would… I’ll see if i can get that ordered just to have it on hand. Still going coco in table after this so could still be useful.

I really don’t get what in these genetics is making them take so long to finish. Maybe its The Black? Thats a veitnamese cross and should make up part of the blackberry widow in here :thinking: but the widow or even just the blackberry widow are both listed at ~63 days… nl2 should be 55-65… I was pretty sure chem would be the same way… I don’t get it. Unless the lineage is wrong… or bodhi was selecting the longest flowering girls he could find :thinking:

6 Likes

Nah, I think it’s just the nature of the cross. Bodhi mentioned to me a while back that, you know, you just don’t ever know for sure how a cross is gonna turn out. You might have some idea, or you might think you do, anyway, but Mother Nature’s funny.

Somebody else mentioned to me the other day (I think it was schmarmpit) that their Purple Unicorn is like a twelve- or thirteen-week strain. So I guess it’s just in the genetics, even if the plants used to make the cross are typically shorter-finishing strains. Like you said, there’s probably some sort of recessive gene from a longer-flowering strain in there somewhere that for whatever reason is just dominant in this specific cross. I dunno.

I’ll be honest, I’m not sure I researched any Purple Unicorn grows before I planted those seeds. Or if I did, I didn’t retain any of the information. I think I checked out as much as I could find, just because I always do that, but I really don’t remember anything about PU taking a long-ass time to finish. If I’d have known this, I would have waited until my fall grow to plant those seeds, when I’m gonna be growing some longer-flowering types like the Bandaid Haze.

Still, that grape soda… haha. Might be worth the extra time just for that.

Anyway, pick up some Gnatrol. That stuff works.

3 Likes

ah… that’s a really good point! :thinking:
Just the way certain genes combine can lead to all kinds of different things.

Like mixing a lemon plant with a spicy plant and it sometimes gives a lemon-pinesol/cleaner or some fresh-rubber type smells in the first gen. Or my new thought, crossing a foxtail plant to a dense pinecone type plant = plants with mostly big fat buds. Needs some work to stabilize after the fact obviously, but that’s the evidence I’m seeing so far… need more testing!

So yeah, maybe something with these is just bringing out a recessive long flower trait. I did catch that the PU’s were ~75 day’ers, but I really hoped the NL2 would shorten that down a bit :pray::rofl:
I’m at 56 days right now.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m at 77 days, with no end in sight haha. Oh well, what can you do? Live and grow and learn, I guess. Now we know. Next time we plant those seeds, settle in…

2 Likes

Purple NL2 #2

Purple NL2 #4

Purple NL2 #5

Bonus PNL2 #5 Trichs

29 Likes

Love the colors, do you get cold temps at night?

3 Likes

Hey, nope think lowest temp is around 70 with lights off, ~80 with lights on. These are just purple regardless ^^

10 Likes

I am so encouraged about the future of cannabis when I read your posts. With dedicated and righteous growers like you, the future is bright. :sunglasses:

9 Likes

:eyes: wow :eyes::drooling_face: drooling
Impressive HA I definitely need to move these up in rotation
Thanks for sharing
Paps

6 Likes