Shit @HolyAngel I need to stop by more often. Lol✌🏾

3 Likes

Day 65
Skunk Tangerine

Beast!

Black River OG #3

Think she’s coming down on day 70

SSDD F2 #1

SSDD girl is likely gonna go 77-84 days.

And then two Dragonfruit Thai’s (Genius Thai x Dragon Energy) and another SSDD F2 #1 girl I just stuck into flower Saturday. I tossed the other two DFT’s, and I didn’t bother taking clones of any of them :man_shrugging:

See if these two girls remain stable enough to make it through flower… They’re lanky af, but that was kinda the point. Stem rubs are mostly tennis balls, maybe a little sandalwood or something in there :thinking:

38 Likes

Very nice bro!! Love it

5 Likes

@Naptown916 started this thread-

Haven’t done it yet but going to try it out real soon. Thinking take a few from every girl and bag them labled. Revisit after flowering and revive. Less work than watering all those rooted clones for the 2 or 3 months.

Think @Budderton is well ahead of us on proving it works.

5 Likes

Oh that’s a good idea! I may have to get into that, just to make sure I always have the for sure keepers around at the very minimum! Thanks!

4 Likes

we’re just joshing around, bro :grin:

1 Like

Sneak peak into my next project :eyes:

Nevil’s Haze #21 x Mullumbimby Madness F2 - Male - Day 22

Most of the fans were stripped for pollen collection

:fire::fire::fire::fire:

46 Likes

Sweet genetics! Are these from the Bushweed reproduction or from the Connoisseur Genetics work? Maybe from somewhere else?

These are legendary genetics it’s so rad to see them being explored. I’m grateful for the show. Much love

2 Likes

That male is indeed from @Connoisseur_Genetics ! Only plant I got out of the pack sadly, but he’s beautiful :heart_eyes: Have to progeny test for sure but this might be the best male I’ve ever had or seen in person :pray: I think he’s a straight NL5 leaner tbh :thinking: He maybe doubled in height at best. The Haze and Mullum in the line can get 15+ feet though.

I also popped a pack of Swiss Thai Nevil 2 x NH#21 x MM F2 but I also only got one plant out of that pack too, but that one was a girl!
The Swiss Thai Nevil 2 is a clone-only from a fem line Nevil made that is Green Hornet’s 82 Thai Stick x NH#21(reversed)

I topped and flipped a clone of her at 12 inches and here she is at day 18, already above the lights at over 40 inches tall :eyes:

@hempy you might be interested in these ^^

27 Likes

What makes you say that? Just curious. In case I ever make seeds haha.

The plant pictured looks to have pretty sturdy stems, but he’s also a little gap-y, no? I really have no idea, but whenever people post pictures of their males, I always look at them the same way I would a female: big flower clusters, decent node spacing, maybe some frost etc etc.

I’m here to learn haha.

8 Likes

Ah, so the males always get more stretchy/gap-y in mid-flower compared to the females of the same line, regardless of the pheno, so the internode spacing in flower is not really something to look at. Guessing it’s something to do with the Gibberellin being the male flower hormone making them stretch extra :thinking: Not sure. Veg spacing matters though, definitely. Overall stretch in flower can be noted, but again, it’s only really going to be useful in comparison to other males of the same line. You’d be better off looking at them in veg to determine node spacing and whatnot. He actually has pretty good spacing in veg for indoor grows, considering the lineage, and he doesn’t get wild/unwieldy.

His heritage look like tree’s outdoors though. Even bigger and more wild than the Swiss Thai Nevil 2 girl is getting.

So the big things for me on this dude are:
Does not auto-flower based on time/maturity
Does not auto-flower based on rootbound/stress
Looks to be 100% stable with zero female parts
Stem rub is decently loud
Cystolithic trichomes on all the stems
Bulbous trichomes on all the leaves
Cystolithic trichomes on the balls/pollen sacks, I bet these get frosty!
Looks to have really good male flower density

• Lot of males get kinda airy. The male flower pattern and density can definitely translate to his female offspring’s flower structure. The male branching pattern in mid-late flower can translate too.

Thick/sturdy stems
Good vigor
Good spacing and branching patterns
Manageable stretch and growth - Especially for indoors

I think he’s gonna pair perfectly with the C5SensiStar #5 girl, and of course he’s hitting the Swiss Thai Nevil 2 girl as well. Provided he continues doing so well :wink:

27 Likes

Okay, cool. Thanks for breaking it down. I feel like I oughta bookmark your post in case I ever make some seeds haha. Actually, I am gonna bookmark it and hopefully I’ll remember that I did.

6 Likes

And yeah, I like the way that plant looks in the above pic, love it when they just grow with that sorta “open” structure, no training necessary. The Zaps are/were (before I killed the males) growing like that. One of the C. Gold x Dragon Energy did, too.

5 Likes

How do you prevent pollen from spreading around your house from the tent to like your flower tent Or is that just not a concern? Heard good things about that Mullumbimby madness stoked to see your project

8 Likes

@HolyAngel do you know the difference between the NH21 and NH18 versions of the MM cross? I’ve got the 18 version hit to chocolope.

2 Likes

Any flowering male is in its own tent with no fans or air movement, in their own section of the house. The male tent is ALWAYS the last tent to be looked at. NEVER go from the male tent to the flower room. I keep a spray bottle of water handy to spray outside the tent if I go in there while pollen is dropping. Generally never had an issue save for the black river og male that I broke my rule on, but was happy to get extra seeds from too ^^

• NH21 is supposed to be #1 with the best high; Soaring, psychedelic old school Thai effects
  • NH36 is supposed to be #2. The most practical in terms of flowering time, yield, and height with a euphoric, more NL5Haze like high.
  • NH19 and NH35 are ranked #3 and similar to the NH36
  • NH18 about the most I can find on it is that it might be similar to the NH21 but has more NL effects

The Mullumbimby Madness itself is basically a Haze C precursor so should still keep things ‘UP’ in those crosses but with the F2’s… ymmv :man_shrugging:

16 Likes

I do this too except it’s a bathroom with no tent with the vents blocked off.

It’s only about 25’ from my flower tent.

3 Likes

Got to admit, I had to look up cystolithic!!

4 Likes