How to dispose of rockwool cubes and plant material?

All right, we gots to stop trashing this guys thread.

He has been most gracious.

Good luck @SamandMax

99% :eye:

3 Likes

you mean flooding the cubes with petrol before? :smiley:

ok. I am probably going the route of using fabric pots with perlite and vermiculite. Can you guys recommend me which mixture ratio of vermiculite and perlite to go for?

Also do you think it will be ok to put the eazy plugs with the clones in that after rooting?

Is that all you plan for your medium perlite an vermiculite? No expert but donā€™t think vermiculite is meant to be used solely as a grow medium but with my coco an perlite I go for 3-1 coco to perlite.

1 Like

The original Hempy buckets were perlite and vermiculite, 60% perlite, 40% vermiculite is a good starting point IME.

4 Likes

somebody wrote that I should use the perlite/vermiculit with fabric pots. Can somebody tell me the name of a product or brand which are producing that kind of pots?

1 Like

Root pouches the fab pots I use.

1 Like

actually i am a bit overwhelmed with choosing the right pot for a perlite/vermiculite mix. I flood my entire table. I canā€™t find out if the fabric pots let the water through when I flood my table. I always see these fabric pots on the pictures attached with a small hose which is feeding the pots. But thats not the way I growā€¦

I did find some fabric pots whichare only water permeable at the bottom. The brand is called ā€œGronestā€.

Also I am having small plants. The cubes that I have now (rockwool) are 100mm x 100mm x 65 mm. This means the cubes have a volume of less than 1 liter, exactly 650ml. That is very small compared to the size most fabric pots are.

I am not sure if the fabric pots are made for that kind of growing.

Are there also other pots which are suitable for perlite/vermiculite in sea of green, ebb and flood?

What i did to get rid of shrapnel was to box it up and tape it good. Then i would drive to an apt building dumpster and make a depositā€¦find a good spot where people dont/wont get a look at you. Hydro or living soil is a pretty good way to go or you could flush it down the toilet. Rockwool is nasty stuff IMHO. Stalks and stuff could be burnt in a fire place or wood stove simple enough. If you have a garden you could rototiller the root balls into it every spring.

1 Like

I did use a shredder for the rockwool cubes and the plant materials. It is some yellow-green mass with some stalks inside. I put that in a small pit at a tree in my garden.

Now I am not sure if that stuff will start to smell and be a security hazard? It is still wet and I am not sure how and in what stages that stuff will decomposeā€¦

Is it good to put something over it, like mulch? Maybe should I water it with a hose? Or is drying it good???

Just to add a little tip on the composting. You need to make sure you keep an eye on your compost pile.

One day, I was sitting on my porch looking out on my compost pile. I had some random weeds growing from the compost pile. I was thinking to myself, ā€œthose weeds look like cannabis from hereā€¦OH NO WAY.ā€ I had two four foot plants growing out of the compost pile! It must have been some leftovers seeds from a batch of bubble hash I buried right after the thaw.

5 Likes

Cool story bro. Did you let them finish?? :rofl:

2 Likes

Thank you very much for that advice! :smiley: I would never would have thought about that.

One is finishing now outside. I transplanted it. The other was a dude.

4 Likes

Accidental weeds is just as good as free weed eh? :rofl:

1 Like

Not a big deal in a legal stateā€¦not the best for someone trying to stay lowā€¦like me. Some of us still grow in closets. :unamused:

2 Likes

Iā€™m UK mate so I totally understand :v:

I remember those days. I used to live in a small village outside Newmarket called Barton Mills. Lived there for 4 years and loved the UK. I miss that lifestyleā€¦pubs, pints and spending time with good friends. Culture and lifestyle in the US is too fast.

2 Likes