How to protect an Instagram account?

When did the cannabis community turn into a rap battle where instead of beating you with a sick rhyme they report your accounts and get you deleted… all that hard work gone…

So how do we protect ourselves appropriately on social media without having to make our profiles private?

Some of us this isn’t a hobby… it’s food on our kids plate… and unfortunately Instagram is seen as an “authenticity” provider by checking out your account and the number of followers…

Finally built my account back up, got a nutrient sponsor, but mars would renew my sponsorship aka sending me a bigger light like they promised…

There has to be some way to protect ourselves… I’ve seen people get their accounts back before

3 Likes

I don’t think people here on OG care much about instagram…

Personally, I don’t understand having a job dependent on a third party like instagram. That’s not a good strategy. You need to stand on more legs than just one.

39 Likes

I don’t even use Instagram lol…
But i understand some people’s livelihood depend on it…
I hope you find the solution you are looking for @geneticsofturpene

4 Likes

Basically. Sorry to hear that you’ve discovered IG sucks the hard way…

7 Likes

Knowing someone that works for Instagram would probably help lol

5 Likes

ALL social media sucks balls :-1:

16 Likes

One tip, stop using hashtags. If you use one that gets banned, it can have negative effects for your account.

11 Likes

Whats instagram?

11 Likes

@Floyd and @Esrgood4u beat me to it

7 Likes

I use IG. It can be lucrative but it’s a grind and you’re doing all the legwork anyway…more like a part time job. Remember it isn’t a human, it’s an algorithm. You just need to make it think you aren’t a problem.

Don’t use hashtags like reiko said. Private profile only. Careful what you post, careful who you let follow you. Don’t click on links people send you.

8 Likes

that is one of the most vital things, IG gets you through hashtags.

Also,

1. not dealing with sales on DM, and making it clear on your bio. even better if you dont answer DMs at all.

2. removing links to your store or online shop (you have to trust your subscribers have at least two neurons to look you up on google by themselves.) I just saw your backup account and it has a link to your shop.

3 Likes

When I get someone asking me if I will join Instagram I just do this and I am 100% protected.

ezgif.com-gif-maker (23)

13 Likes

Might be better off contacting seedbanks and offer them freebies to give with their orders.

3 Likes

thanks for the advice, I keep following the original advice, don’t get involved in facebook or instagram

3 Likes

No one’s making you join. It’s a much larger community than here.

2 Likes

Yeah I stopped hashtags after the first 4 accounts lmao… it’s a hater… reporting posts

I do that. Also have a website… just like sharing my plants and information my followers enjoy reading you know

1 Like

Lol I never said they were making me I’m asking how to protect myself… when I’ve taken the appropriate precautions to avoid the algorithm… it’s douchebags I need to prevent lol

1 Like

It’s a website not a shop

1 Like

I must have worked it wrong… it’s not dependant on IG… I have a website… and seed banks… Instagram is just a very very good tool to spread the word and photos and notice trends etc … business nowadays is social media thanks to covid

2 Likes