Howard's Hunt for Headstash

I know this is a really old post and a long shot lol but I noticed you said your most recent generation of blue satellite 2.2. If you had some extras still kicking around I would love to trade for a couple.

1 Like

You not growing any more 50 ?

4 Likes

I believe I gifted what was left of my last pack to someone here at Overgrow a few years ago. Kinda regret it to be honest, because I donā€™t think they did anything with the seeds.

Iā€™m gonna be digging through the vault soon, but even if I do end up finding another pack I might reserve them for a preservation run (which Iā€™d probably have to do myself since itā€™s not exactly an in-demand strain).

I did give Sebring few hundred of the BS2.2 x CBDB seeds to distribute, and Iā€™ve only ever seen one person run them, so surely thereā€™s a few people just sitting on them that could be convinced to share.

Good luck to you in finding some BS2.2, there are some seriously good gems in those seeds!

My two all-time favorite plants originated from line breeding those and outcrossing the best.

6 Likes

Screenshot_20230527-001550~2

8 Likes

I will definitely be looking, thanks for the reply. If you do find a pack please tag me. Iā€™d love to follow the repro.
Itā€™s actually blubonic that Iā€™ve been searching for but itā€™s non existent at this point. So I wanted to take a step back and try to find the pieces that make up blubonic lol. I know it would be next to impossible to recreate but hope to come up with something close. :grin:

4 Likes

Its true not growing indoors right now the tents are empty and sad. Life is too busy for cloning and breeding.

I need too start growing again as Iā€™m forced to waste my money on the Legal Producers poor attempts at marijuana and its normally seeded, reeks of sadness and rot, and paying $45 for 3.5g doesnā€™t guarantee quality equal to what Iā€™m accustomed too.

Kim has started growing a couple seeds for our 4 outdoor plants so we got some Orange Sunshine f2, Goji Lights f2, TGA Space Candy x Bodhi Elfsnacks and Good Medicine #7 x Elfsnacks but the plants have to be small to prevent them from being stolen.

I may just run a bunch of 5 inch square pots and seeds flipped to 12/12 after they hit 3 inches. No cuttings no keepers just run seeds which is not my preferred method but will keep me in smoke.

8 Likes

I think this is what Iā€™ve settled on, myself. Hoping it will be manageable. Been clearing out the area and gathering stuff so that I can hopefully start soon.

Your outdoor lineup sounds great! Elfsnacks (or maybe it was Elfinstone) was one of my daughterā€™s favorites from the dispensary she used to work at, but Iā€™ve never been able to get any myself, so I hope you throw up some pics occasionally :laughing:

6 Likes

I think I have a pack of Elfinsone left and have Elfsnacks f2 if you need them.

Previous runs in 5" inch pots flipped early normally get me 14 to 28 grams per plant depending on strain.

My next run for me looks this
8-5" Pots per tray
8 trays in a 5x5 tent
Rocking ProMix BX Under 4 SolSheets
64 plants hopefully ending up with 32 females
Should net me a pound or two and allow me to grow 8 different strains per run. Will be getting a net as I donā€™t want to stake the plants up. Using Green Planets Medi One from start to finish.

7 Likes

Thatā€™s quite interesting. Really? An ounce flipped at 3ā€? I never would have thought.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve approached that a few times with some sativa-leaning hybrids. They wonā€™t actually flower until theyā€™re mature enough, but they will flower as soon as theyā€™re mature enough, lol.

6 Likes

Daughter says if thatā€™s the same Elphinstone she used to get from Kiona then I do, in fact, need them lol.

I worry about getting anything new with my current situation, though.

32 femalesā€¦ Whew. That would likely be too many for me. Iā€™m planning half that and hoping I can pull it off and not being too ambitious.

That Medi One looks interesting. A one-part nute is definitely attractive. Have you used it before?

5 Likes

@SpeesCees I believe ran 12/12 from seed as his main method of growing/breeding.

One thing he said regularly about 12/12 from seed is not to give seedlings ANY amount of days with more than 12 hours of light:

https://www.nomercyseeds.eu/en/growinfo/12-12-system.htm

DONā€™T be tempted to give the seedlings 18 hours of light for the first one or two days.

He says this in a few places actually and claims if you do it his way it speeds things up.

I wanted to do 12/12 from seed many times but I never got around to it so I canā€™t verify any of that, but it was something I did read from him and a couple others doing 12/12 from seed.

5 Likes

Lol well I tell myself 3 " is when theyā€™ll flip but last time they ended up being 6 to 8 inches tall before I got around to flipping them :sweat_smile:

Cut me some slack Iā€™m a pothead :laughing:

7 Likes

Iā€™ve used Green Planets Medi One for years and I really like it. I switched from Advanced Nutrients A+B to the Medi One and have had no issues

Any plant pictures I have on this site are all grown with Medi One and all have turned out amazing.

3 Likes

Last year I grew out the gg4ril with just down to earth dry nutes mixed into the soil. That was it. Water only. Came out absolutely KILLER!!! No muss no fuss. Doesnā€™t get easier than that. Just a thought.

5 Likes

You did that outside, correct?

I donā€™t have the space indoors for soil anymore. In my experience soil needs a much larger volume than coco. I think the smallest pot I ever used for soil was 3 gallons, which would limit me to about three plants, which wouldnā€™t be bad actually except that Iā€™m trying to find new strains that work for my new health reality.

Old favorites like Apollo or an energetic Haze that makes me want to get up and do all my chores simply wonā€™t work for me anymore :rofl:

Man I would love to just sit in your garden in the evening and hold space with your plants. Iā€™m so envious!

5 Likes

Yeah, but I was thinking some mini plants for you like 1 gallons maybeā€¦

Right now the net is pretty spacious and empty. Come by in September. Then you could hang in the shade under the big trees. lol

For pain I suggest Some sort of Sunshine Daydream. It just turns down the volume on it. Itā€™s wonderful.

4 Likes

I donā€™t think I ever got SSDD. About to crack the vault and have another look. Might have a cross with SSDD in it, iirc.
[EDIT] I checked. No joy.

Got something new Iā€™m gonna try that might be more my speed, lol.

Iā€™ve got a 16" San Pedro already thatā€™s growing quickly, and itā€™s the easiest plant Iā€™ve ever grown.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve got some ssddbx. Shoot me a dm with your addy and I can send you some.

6 Likes

This is so dumb. Literally thousands of posts over the years that deserved a like didnā€™t get one because this site has a thing against people who enjoy reading about and seeing great photos of magnificent homegrown just a little too much :rage:

Itā€™s not my fault thereā€™s so much good shit on this site, lol :rofl:

8 Likes