Howard's Hunt for Headstash

Merry Christmas to those of you who celebrate, and best wishes to every single person who ever reads this! I hope things are going well for you all, and that the next year brings good things your way!

16 Likes

Merry Christmas @Howard.Crane!! Hope everyone is well.

6 Likes

Merry Christmas @Howard.Crane

https://youtu.be/_MrcQW0ntGY

1 Like

I love these spiders. They are the ubiquitous and essential ā€œgarden spiderā€ of the pacific northwest US.

4 Likes

kind of fond of these gray jumping spiders. So are the sparrows :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hey @Herbie, that depends where you go :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It doesnā€™t surprise me much that even the spiders are upside down there

6 Likes

Ya! :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Nice roots!

1 Like

Hi @Howard.Crane how are you feeling these days? hope you are starting to see some improvement.
weā€™d all love to hear from you whenever you can check in again.

10 Likes

Not good, to be honest. Iā€™ve seen a slight improvement lately, but I spend most days just trying to make it through the day.

I did manage to keep one plant alive, though. This plant has been through hell, and itā€™s still kicking. Someday soon Iā€™ll tell the story, but itā€™s nearly bed time so Iā€™ll just leave a few pics for now :wink:

Zak Haze

19 Likes

I got ya covered. :+1::seedling:

13 Likes

Good read. Thanks for sharing

6 Likes

19 Likes

Someone here on Overgrow grew out this Bubba Kush S1 x (Casey Jones x Sour Bubble BX1) plant from seeds I gave away, but I canā€™t remember whoā€¦

Iā€™m thinking about running some myself, so if this is your photo, Iā€™d love to pick your brain about your experience with that cross (which was probably written as Bubba x LD420).

[EDITED TO ADD] Found it. He hasnā€™t posted in three years, so I guess Iā€™m not likely to get much feedback, lol.

13 Likes

I think Iā€™ve narrowed down my choices to the following ā€œshort listā€:

Bubba x (Casey Jones x Sour Bubble IX1)
RCB x Orange Goji
(Apollo x Snow Lotus) x Orange Goji
Orange Goji F2
GG#4 RIL

Iā€™m a bit worried that Iā€™m more likely to kill them than to succeed at this point, but damn I miss communing with my plants :wink:

10 Likes

Glad to see you back man, will definitely keep an eye on whatever you decide.

You planning on doing flood and drain with coco again?

3 Likes

I donā€™t know if Iā€™ll do flood and drain this time or not. Based on my exhausting experience today trying to get it all cleaned and set up, Iā€™m thinking itā€™s not likely.

I think I might just do small pots with coco, hand watered, with the simplest nute regimen I can come up with using stuff Iā€™ve already got on hand.

Iā€™ll probably do 12/12 from seed this time too. I donā€™t think I want to be dealing with full sized plants right now. Thatā€™s obviously going to have a significant impact on the results, but I need to accept that I have to work within my limitations.

Iā€™m not exaggerating when I say this might well turn out to be a failure. My health and energy levels are absolute shit, and only getting worse over time. Iā€™m only even making the attempt because I miss growing so much. I miss sitting and communing with my plants in the morning.

11 Likes

Sorry to hear about your health man, that is awful. I hope things improve and you are able to get some time to enjoy a garden again.

Keeping it simple can be really nice. I used a 2 bottle base nutrient start to finish last 2 grows and I donā€™t think Iā€™ll do anything more complicated than that in the future.

Always wanted to do 12/12 from seed. Even if it isnā€™t a big harvest it will be a cool experience.

Best of luck man! Hope it goes well. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll have a at least a few familiar faces (or avatars) here tagging along.

6 Likes

Sorry to hear about your health troubles @Howard.Crane

I have a similar deep desire to grow plants again but time is a big factor for me. I miss showing off my plants and sharing talks with like minded people.

I hope you get your energy back so you can enjoy the company of your plants again.

Iā€™ve heard good things about Octopots @Jetdro if youā€™re not able to water the plants everyday maybe theyā€™re a better option than flood or small pots with coco.

So keep your head up and get better so I can live vicariously through you awesome grow.

10 Likes