Humboldt Seed Company

These triploid are cool you can grow them with males and they won’t make seed. Throw them in a hemp field or breed your own seed and still have seedless with these triploid. As long as they don’t make everything triploid it’s all good

1 Like

Interesting I’d like to see how those turn out. Don’t know much about the subject

This is where most companies would go so they cant be reproduced as easily. I’m definitely interested in the increase in minor cannabinoids though.

That’s the goal for sure. I’d bet within a few years, that is all they will sell. Sterile Triploids of every variety so no one can breed with their work.

4 Likes

i ran a HSC OG Kush last summer outdoors. the package claimed F5.
the plant grew a little spindly to start, but when flower time came, it packed on the colas. none of them were donkey dick colas, but they were respectable sized and there were a LOT of them.

it smelled nice before harvest. after dry and cure it kinda lost a lot of it’s scents. the smoke is potent and has subtle fuel flavors. what it lacks in scent and flavors it makes up for in potency… “sleeper weed”.

overall? i would grow it again.
(ended up buying a few more HSC strains as a result of the successful grow)

4 Likes

I’m hoping that as legalization spreads across the country, large scale grows will move outdoors since it costs less and is better for the environment. Sterile cannabis could be a big part of that. For those of us who make seeds, there are plenty of other companies and hobbyists to get seeds from.

1 Like

The issue becomes when no one wants any of this stuff anymore and they just want the sterile, modified plants. It’ll all be sterile, 30% thcv or some other crazy cannabinoid stuff. Stuff from the 80s/90s that we cherish will look like 70s high times mag. The breeders making beans now will be obsolete. This whole market will turn into a niche and be few and far between.

4 Likes

I researched HSC when they became prominant maybe 10? years ago.
Their Blueberry Muffin clone from Dark Heart Nursery was decent but not a keeper. Smelled strongly like artificial blueberry muffin in flower but that smell and flavor didn’t remain in the cured buds. Could have been my fault.

Mostly, i was turned off by the fact that they “re-create” classics w totally diff. genetics, but use the same classic name.
Trying to trick me i believe. So i never trusted them enough to buy seeds.

When i wanted Jack Herer, their “version” is completely diff. (And should have a new name.) I noticed this w several of their “classic” 90’s strains.

Jack Herer is NOT a hybrid of Northrrn Lights, Trainwreck and G13.

3 Likes

I have grown a few of their strains. I have had a 100% success rate with Germinating. Currently growing dream queen. I’m surprised in the variations I’m getting considering that it is a B×4 S3. 3 of the 4 seeds i poped had Leaf mutations with claxes growing on the fan leafs. Also one was a hermaphrodite. Luckily it only self Pollinated and didn’t get the rest of the tent. First time i’ve had a hermaphrodite from this company. Not even a banana late in flower from what I have tried. There “Squirt” is so grapefruit tasting. Coats your throat with a Tingley grapefruit feel. The Jelly Rancher is sooooo tasty and frosty.

You can see the leaf mutation in the pic. Of dream Queen.

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing as I too have ran some with no issues but never tried there dream queen. Just grabbed a lemongrass that I hope does not result in herms. That squirt sounds killer would you grow it again?:beers: and happy grows!

1 Like

I would run the squirt again. I’m sad I lost the clone of the best out of the pack. Well minus 1. I just found the pack with one seed left a couple of weeks ago.germinated fine even though it’s a few years old it’s now vegetatively growing. Hope I find another super grapefruit. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Very cool! Hope she is that special one!! Thank you for the feedback on them as your description def makes me want to give squirt a go. Maybe after these lemongrass. Thanks again for the info🍻

1 Like

hey mox do you have any pics of week 2 3 and 4 of flower on the jelly rancher aka hella jelly ?

i am running 8 of them right now from clone with 5 vanilla cream pies just want to see if mine are lagging behind.

also have a pack of jelly donuts and orange creamsicel

2 Likes

Back row center is the Jelly Rancher week 2 flower.
Back left and all front row is Dream Queen also weak two. The Jelly Rancher I kept out of the pack ( −2 I killed) is not a big producer. But it is extremely “candy” forward. All of the others had a somewhat candy but more of the spice Anise profile. Unfortunately, no other pics. but I am Currently running it again. in week 2 flower. So can take pics along the way if interested? It has been in constant rotation for I believe three years. Bought the pack when they first came out. Which is why I refer to it as Jelly Rancher. Just can’t seem to bring myself to let it go. so tasty. So frosty. Also My Jelly Rancher dose in fact finish in 7 weeks. Tricromes get “grainy” for lack of a better explanation and start too detach and fall off before amber. Hope this helps.

3 Likes

I grew All gas OG a 20 pack of regs. Last Summer in my shed it got really hot triple digits sub 20 % rh for over 30 days and I had one All gas plant in there that didn’t seem to be affected by the high heat and low humidity. A couple of them had a really nice floral terp profile that I liked. I gave some to a friend and they said it didn’t get them high lol.

4 Likes

awesome looks to be a slow budder like mine which also has a tremendous candy arome when i touch the buds. im halfway thru week 3

2 Likes

Just popped 3 vanilla cream pies I got as freebie from them so very curious on how you like them

1 Like

first time running them. i like the structure so far has that og golf ball thing going. seems to be a heavy feeder though

1 Like

Very cool and good to know on the feeding!:beers:

1 Like