I don't understand the hostility... did I do something wrong?

I’m confused where the bone you picked with me is?
I never stated nor implied anything you’re talking about in here…

I only stated a fact, that OverGrow is a business for Joe. I did not say nor imply that I did not agree with that. Nor that I think, for some reason, that he should not make any money.

No.

What I said was:

Others = members, not Joe.
Joe has multiple ways to make money off this site. Patreon, merchandise, sponsors, ALL THE ADS, etc…

When asked if I should be yelling at the auction house, I only quoted Joker, correctly stating this is a business, implying joe can run it however he wants, stated that he runs other servers on it, and that no, we know where to go if things don’t change.

At no point have I EVER on this site said or claimed that I’m even a ‘Good’ grower, or anything else you’ve said.

:face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

Well my last server fund auction raised $1240 for the server or 10 years worth of $10 a month donations.

5 Likes

When it’s a community, damn right you do.

3 Likes

Why so serious ?? :stuck_out_tongue: had to lol

2 Likes

Thats that OG spirit I keep hearing about, eh?

I didnt realize I wasnt allowed to respond until I was here for a certain amount of time.

2 Likes

Why you so quick to jump to conclusions about shit you don’t know about. You read everything at face value without analyzing the actual situation.

I don’t need praise.

It was to clarify what the issue was… because people are still brining it up in unrelated topics. Figured some of us could have a constructive conversation without jumping at each others necks. Guess I was wrong? :man_shrugging:

…AND to further clear up the whole thing, so maybe, just maybe if someone in the future was in a similar situation they could reach out for help. Guess this is not the place for that though.

1 Like

tenor|nullxnull

13 Likes

Dude, you can just go fuck yourself! What the hell do you know about the OG spirit? Have never said a word to you.

3 Likes

Off topic maybe? We already had this discussion, you can follow it here:

1 Like

reached out to a mod directly. hopefully this will be closed very shortly. I’m not responding to anything else here.

3 Likes

And on that note, I see the hostility as well, and frankly I come here to relax, not get riled up…

Off to the garden with a bowl. Feel free to argue among yourselves. I wont bother trying to put in a different point of view on “policy” anymore, because of well, the old timers don’t like newbies commenting…

laters…

This is Joe’s house.

Contributing members give the site their content for free. We do this because it’s our house too.

This gives us the right to speak, and speak out if necessary.

Just don’t be a dick about it.

We are all passionate about this space but let’s all learn to share like it’s the third grade.

Anybody who contributes gets no argument from me. Even if I’m against money on the site it’s not my call.

8 Likes

Lmfao. Don’t be so dramatic. The old OG was far more hostile.

The entire internet used to be so much more hostile, that most of you wouldn’t have stuck around. The very first time I ever posted asking for help with something, I was told to go search for the answer. Y’all gotta toughen up your skin. Not every negative response is an attack on you personally.

12 Likes

Closed per request of OP

Overall this is a fairly productive discussion.
We need to curtail the nastiness a bit.

I don’t want to close the thread, I would prefer to slow it down in the hope that we can keep the constructive discourse regarding the future of OG.

12 Likes

This whole whine and poor me thread is because I called @DannyTerpintine out in a PRIVATE MESSAGE about punking Tony Green out of a cash refund when @Hugh_Glass was the one who stole from everyone. Tony had fulfilled his obligation, yet Danny decided to go to him with a sob story and ask for money that no one else thought was right. When asked to explain to the group… he replied that he didn’t owe it to anyone to explain himself… and that everything he does is okay’d by Lemonade Joe and Tony Green. This time he needed cash for his Dad, not grandparents. No one else in the group will be allowed or get their money back, nor does anyone else think it’s right that Tony should have to pay us for what Hugh Glass stole. I asked for transparency in front of the group and Danny flat refused. Now he is crying… Waaah why is everyone so hostile? Umm. Admittedly, YES. I called you an “Entitled Shit” in a pm and I’m sticking by this. Now you are trying to rally people who had nothing to do with that group pm and bring this on the open forum. Pahleeze! No matter what unicorns and rainbow smoke you are trying to blow up people’s butts out here, you have certainly proven to me that you are all about you and clearly not about community.

22 Likes

Please allow it open. He wanted to open this can of worms and involve the community. They should know the whole story and be able to respond now that they are given the real facts. Transparency has been my only goal from the start.

15 Likes

I started that, you’re welcome.
Sorry, not sorry.

16 Likes

TLDR;

Any action taken on this forum that involves money is going bring scrutiny and other heat that is not welcome nor healthy for the OG site.

We’re talking crossing international boundaries and US state boundaries that each have their own laws.

This a new thing here that wasn’t a thing before. All it’s going to take is one irate member that’s lost money more than once to get this place shut down.

OG has been being used for the promotion of personal endeavors involving money recently and all have not gone well.

Then, we at the OG Team get blamed for it like we are running some sort of grift on members.

Best way to deal with that, IMO, is that if it involves money it’s not allowed here. If we want to do a non profit event to aid a sick breeder, or grieving widow of one, and it’s a publicly accepted endeavor then that might be fine to let Joe give the go ahead.

This place used to be a friendly place where respect was gained the old fashion way and was usually rewarded in meaningful ways. We seemed to have a lot more fun. The co-op preservation grows were modest and done ONLY for preservation and only if it had dropped from production. The post from @bodhi summed it up with his thoughts and blessings so that most any breeder would be fine with it.

But, to me, it’s the money that endangers everyone. You wanna organize something offline to do, then maybe Joe would be okay with you mentioning it here. Then if something goes south, it’s on you and your reputation, not OG and all of the hard work that good people before me or you put in to make this place great.

You can make your own determination, but in the last year or so we lost a lot of old time members and with them, old time genetics that nobody here is trading. And, more importantly we lost people who are the last to hold certain history and we should all enjoy having them here to share that with us while they are still alive.

I’m obviously good and high so I just typed before I thought about it. It’s not about people and their personalities, the money is what complicated everything and in different ways for different folks. We’re not in a private bubble. Any government official can become a member. peace

20 Likes