Environment here changed

[edit] - This topic is split from grow-journal, to follow up on this important topic, because grow journal is now in #private-lounge. - edit by @LemonadeJoe

@moderators please close my journal, this website is not the same website it was when I started this journal and at the moment I would like it closed.

The environment around here has changed significantly, while their are many here I truly consider my friends their are many more that are here just for the freebies (over 1/3 of my blue velvet coop sign up I don’t recognize at all yet I’m very active. How don’t I recognize a 1/3), these folks live in a single thread and most don’t have journals or any useful information as theirs just here for the dibs, when I joined beggers like this were ignored now their given a home and are multiplying faster than bugs in my garden. I may start a private thread but with how fast this website is growing because of the onslaught of new members to get free shit, the shift of the knowledgeable members leaving being replaced by new growers is quite significant.

Growing up growing was illegal and it gave us folks who grew a certain mindset. Most of us didn’t respect authority figures and were not instant 100 percent trusting folk we smelled the bull shit, Because that’s the game. Now I see the opposite. I’m sure we didn’t change our minds. We just got replaced by the next generation…

Edit…
I would like to make a statement that my post from my journal that I moved to the private thread was used for this, I didn’t create this nor was I asked to have my messages moved from private to start this thread.

To start I never said I wasn’t okay with seeds being given out. There’s a difference to sharing and people getting their first seeds than some one collecting a hundred strains just for the sake of collecting and then telling others to come here as it’s the place for free seeds. No journal, no knowledge, why the hell do you need 100 strains?

My message was simply to be an explanation to those following my journal as to why I wanted it closed. You all do what you want. I don’t care. If you wanna give a person on their first grow a hundred strains and all their friends they tell that’s your business. If you wanna have auctions and donate all your funds to the site. Do it I don’t care. I do find it weird how in the past auctions we get 1 day old members bidding but that’s on you all. I just don’t participate.

If you have a journal and are participating in the site then I wasn’t talking about You BUT some ppl have got smart and just start it to shut people up (you know. Game the system) and never update it. I’m taking about the people who are just here for the dibs. That only go to the free threads. Like I said in my coop there’s 1/3 I don’t recognize but I’m here every day all over this site.

With how og is being perceived it opens the eyes up to government and all other sorts of activity.

Anyone thinking I’m whining or bitching well it’s simple those people wouldnt have followed my journal and you never would have seen this if it wasnt moved here by lemonadejoe without my permission.

75 Likes

My friend please stick around I’ve enjoyed your thread and appreciate your generosity

Yes there are a bunch of grab and go friend wink wink :wink:

Peace
Paps

23 Likes

Hope you decide to hang around. Even if just in a private thread. You’re a great staple of this community friend. It seems the tide of older members is going out to sea. Keep in touch friend!

:green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

11 Likes

Chronickyle,
I am, relatively, new here as you know. But I see your point and have wondered the same thing. Several that I can point to give me the impression that they are just here for the freebies. It’s a shame. I just look at what they say and judge for myself as to their decency. Some I respond to, others, no.
If you do leave the site, you will be missed (by me at least and I’m sure others as well) but I understand the reason. That is upsetting for real.
You are a friend of mine bro. One of the first to welcome me here and I will miss following your grows and your comments on others posts.
Bless you my friend.

21 Likes

Yep yep. I’ve been feeling the same way. I did know what it was to not have any seeds. I been there. If I give seeds to a newbie and they don’t run a diary… that’s my only stipulation.

13 Likes

I get where your coming from. I would be very sorry to see you go. You can choose who you interact with though :grin:

12 Likes

Since we are seeing so much of this around here, do you have any ideas on how you would want to see things changed, so you, and others like you will stick around? I feel like I’m just starting to settle in here, and am alarmed as I’m getting comfortable those that have inspired me to join are leaving.

13 Likes

I’m not leaving og as of yet but I’m going to me more reclusive in where I spend my time and would like my journal closed due to how popular this website has become. I’m just not that open of a person.

For me personally I would like og not to be known as the place to go to get free seeds. But to be known as the place with the most helpful nice growing community once again.

Look at the most popular thread on og. The free seeds thread. That things getting hundreds of posts a day sometimes many more. And most of those users if you click on their post history. They have no journal, no topics and have only participated in the free seeds threads. And many of them have pages and pages just of saying dibs and praising whoever feeds their addiction

Edit typos

60 Likes

My wife and I were talking just those points bro.
Tag me when you set up a closed thread if you don’t mind. Plz.

13 Likes

Don’t we have a private lounge , can the thread be moved !ask @LemonadeJoe

8 Likes

22 Likes

Lol. Sad but true.

2 Likes

I wonder if we can get the free seeds and clones thread moved to the private lounge?

18 Likes

Maybe if level 2 members and up could only receive seeds it might weed out the BS.

13 Likes

Or just 2 different threads, so they don’t all migrate here. That’s why they’re on the OG.

5 Likes

That’s a good Idea.

2 Likes

This is the thought of many that have recently left and others still here. It is sad as this was my family and support system while dealing with a stressful end of life. The love and generosity was overwhelming and many a time found me crying tears of joy.
PLEASE STAY, I need friends here,

I share your feelings. You bring knowledge, support and humor to the site. But you are one of the rare newbies (not to growing)
I wish as @George said. just stop the giveaways for one month and that would clear out those people.

38 Likes

They are moving up to the TL3 just by, starting BS thread that are being shut down as fast as they start. Posting BS messages, they don’t get the message. And liking each others post. As I spend so much time reading and researching, I can see the patterns and who is with who here. If not actually the same person. Why, for free seeds.
Getting off my soap box now.
Tag me on you private thread.
:green_heart: :seedling:

34 Likes

I hear ya here … No regrets… do what you must but I’ll treasure any info you have supplied to my mind forever. Stay safe.

9 Likes

Anytime you wanna chat, about anything, hit me up. You too @Chronickyle anytime…

9 Likes