Incoherent gibberish & Goji F2s. Also Bodhi adventures & pollen chucks

Goji’s are coming along. Pictured here in the front row. They were transplanted into their respective 5/7 gallon pots a week ago, and are starting to really pick up growth. They’ve gotten a little bit of thrip damage, but they’ve gotten some strong IPM treatment this week, and their newer growth looks unaffected for the most part. First two pictured seem to have longer node spacing, whereas the third seems to be a much squatter structure with denser stems.

15 Likes

That last picture looks like it has the same type of compact growth / internodal spacing as all the 2021 F2s that I tested. Haven’t seen the purple stems other than in ByTheKasiz’s pictures so interested to see what you find with those. Plants are looking very happy even with the minor thrip damage! The first individual picture looks like the phenos that were clawing for me (very “hot” compost was used), so I’m interested in those as well!

9 Likes

My best crosses have been an F2 crossed to a Goji or Goji IX

F2’s breed so much better than F1’s. I see F1’s as a final product as their vigor and resistance make for a great sensi plant. Whereas an F2 or F3 has more of a narrow genetic spectrum so there’s less conflict and more recombining grace in the genetics.

4 Likes

Yeah my favorite pollen chuck that I’ve tried so far has probably been Granola Funk F2 (A) x Goji OG (Goji male used in 2017 Goji F2s, not 2021).

Granola Funk F2 (A) was quite frosty and photogenic but lacked a bit in odor. Still have some of those F2s to explore if only the space and time were as abundant… Anyways the tests were extremely strong odor with a nice totem pole “sativa” main stem structure.

Mother GF F2 - A

Here’s one of what I labeled (B). Stronger smell but not quite as frosty and less desirable flower morphology. Much more “indica” growth characteristics.

36 Likes

Seen some good growth in the past two weeks. They should have another two weeks or so left of veg. I’ve topped them, and have been applying some lst to try and bush them out. Will top dress them with fresh compost, worm castings, and malted barley next week before flip. Plants are in the same order as the previous picture.

The most vigorous, with the thickest stems and most branching. Transplanted it into a 7 gallon pot based on the vigor.

The purple stemmed pheno. Less branching, but also with a fairly thick stalk developing

Thinner stemmed , but nice structure pheno. This one could get floppy it looks like

19 Likes

I thought that was a tomato stem when I first saw it on my phone earlier haha. The last picture is my personal favorite in terms of branching.

I saw @GMan is getting purple stems as well on some pictures he posted earlier. ( here : Bodhi Seeds - Goji OG Crowd Source F2 Preservation Project (Re-opened) - #1340 by GMan ) Seems like it’s pretty common despite me not seeing any purple in my small test. At least 3 people have now reported seeing it. Interested to see what materializes from all of it, hopefully it’s worth consuming.

Not much in the way of updates on my front other than the seedlings that looked horrible have mostly recovered when re-potted in a different soil-less mix. Beautiful Day is very lanky, Golden HP is stout / compact and K4 x SSDD seems to have a good mix and healthy growth characteristics. Been very busy with life stuff at the moment so even watering let alone taking pictures is difficult but will try to get a few pictures eventually if they survive lack of water & attention. Appreciate all the feedback and reports as usual!

15 Likes

Was able to take a few quick low quality pictures of what I was talking about and figured I should share.

Beautiful Day. Stretching is not related to light intensity or crowding on this. Other has same ridiculously lanky growth with giant fan leaves.

Golden HP. Very compact growth with more crowding / less light than Beautiful Day, showing the genetic differences.

k4xSSDD. Lower stretchy growth may be due to crowding. Stems feel much sturdier than the Beautiful Day stems.

Sunshine Queen. Stretchy “indica” growth that reminds me of SSDD.

22 Likes

Caved in and acquired some more seeds.

Redeye Jedi (Skywalker OG x 88g13HP) - I’ve always been interested in Skywalker OG but am not the biggest snow lotus fan so I never bought Sky Lotus. OGs in general just seem to agree with my system more than other genetics. Multiple people who are more experienced with OGs, and who’s opinions that I respect seem to enjoy skywalker so this was a no-brainer for me.

Spirit Hashplant (Ghost OG x 88g13HP) - People always seem to bring Ghost up in the OG discussions that I’ve read so figured this would be a good addition.

Blueberry Hashplant (Blue Dream SC cut x 88g13HP) - I’ve always wanted to try Blue Sunshine (Blue Dream x SSDD) and felt like it would be a good pairing. This sounds equally good to me. I’ve had quite a few blueberry and blueberry crosses but never anything containing Blue Dream.

Madre Azul (Blue Lotus x OMG) - Impulse purchase. Only have 1 other OMG cross (gg4xOMG), more blueberry genetics to have on reserve and would be a good candidate for F2ing some day.

I need a break from Goji genetics for variety sake so will probably skip the Dragon’s Milk (contains Pinesoul), and I can still see how a few K4xSSDD, Sunshine Queen, Golden HP and Beautiful Day perform… So with that in mind it is changing my plans for late fall or winter probably. I’ve been thinking about a mostly OG project for a while. I love the effects of the Goji, but I’m not the biggest fan of the snow lotus so I’m excited try more crosses to another male such as the 88g13hp.

OG crosses that I’m leaning towards

Spirit Hashplant (Ghost OG x 88g13hp)
Redeye Jedeye (Skywalker OG x 88g13hp)
Devil’s HP (Diablo OG x 88g13HP) - only got to sample 3 females and the best one is one of my favorites. I know there must be even better phenos yet to be discovered.
SunRa (SFV OG x Wookie 15) - still calling to me.
Blueberry Hashplant ( Blue Dream x 88g13HP)

Some others that are available but less interested in or currently testing :

3 Kings OG x SSDD
Larry OG x Wookie 15
WiFi OG x SSDD
WiFi OG x 88g13hp
Triangle x 88g13hp
Pure OG x 88g13 HP
Irene OG x 88g13 HP
Hell’s OG x Snow Lotus

Opinions, suggestions , critique all welcome including potential for pollen chucks.

29 Likes

Nice! really interested to see what you get from the redeye jedi and gets my vote… I ALMOST had to jump on it but just cant swing another drop right now.

13 Likes

That Irene is special. I was just reading her story on IC yesterday. She has great potential. Just my .02

13 Likes

@BeagleZ same boat dude, eyeing that pack and Sun Ra and Sakura on GLG, can’t make the money work right now though, nevermind the glut of seeds…

14 Likes

This one would probably be my vote. I’ve been smoking on an Irene OG cross recently (RudeBoi OG) and really dig the flavor and smell. It’s got the floral sweet and smoky smell that I’m thinking comes mostly from the Irene. If you could get a plant that smells like the Irene, but has the structure of the 88g13hp… :heart_eyes:

This one would probably be my second vote. I’ve smoked/grown two Ghost OG crosses and they’ve both been pretty decent (Ghost Train Haze and Casper OG). Both had giant buds, but the flavor is way different on both.

Third vote… only because I don’t see many grows with the SSDD dad…

10 Likes

I can’t remember how much room you have, but I’d probably go with the Redeye Jedi, the Three Kings x SSDD and the Hell’s x Snow Lotus, but that’s mostly because I try to keep things as dissimilar as possible when it comes to the males. If an even canopy is important to you, though, I don’t recommend that haha.

That Hell’s x SL is Uplift, which is definitely one of my favorite Bodhi crosses ever. A friend of mine who’s opinion I trust and who I always give nugs to after every harvest, just to hear what he thinks, liked the Uplift so much that he asked me for more, which he never does. So I gave him a jar haha. Fuck it. I wasn’t ever gonna get through all of it anyway… I’d rather somebody blaze it than it just sit in the closet.

I’m pretty interested in that Three Kings cross, too. I have a pack of the Three Kings/Snow Lotus, Three Queens, gonna get to those seeds at some point. But, I mean, Sour/Headband/OG just sounds good.

And you already know my feelings about Skywalker.

Funny story about that Redeye Jedi: the last time I went to a dispensary, which I think was about six or eight months ago, with the aforementioned friend who’s opinion I trust (he really likes going to dispensaries, I dunno why), they had that Redeye there. And I was like,”Oooh! That’s a Bodhi cross!” but I couldn’t remember the mom in the cross so I asked the chick behind the counter what the genetics were. And she was like,”The company won’t tell us; it’s a secret blend.” I laughed and told her,”Um, no, it’s definitely a Bodhi cross. I know the dad is the 88G13HP male, I just can’t remember the mom in the cross,” and her eyes just glazed over haha. I mean, I know they have a lot of stuff to keep track of, but still… “It’s a secret. Nobody knows…” Gimme a break.

I didn’t end up getting it. When I got home and googled it real quick, I fucking kicked myself for not buying any. I bought some Super Sour Diesel hash instead, which was actually really good, and some SFV OG flower that was fucking horrible. Looked good, but did not get me baked. Like at all. And my tolerance isn’t high. But I didn’t feel anything at all after four bong rips, twice, so I just threw it in the garbage.

Fucking dispensaries… haha.

Anyway, yeah, those three would be my picks haha.

16 Likes

Those with a Soul Mate freebie though….

10 Likes

Or that Madre Azul. I know you said it was an impulse purchase, but I suspect that that one’s gonna turn out fucking great. That’s the only thing that’s really tempted me in the last few months, as far as seed releases other than the Doc D stuff (and I only bought a lot of those because he was shutting it down) is concerned. I think that that Madre Azul is gonna be really, really awesome.

12 Likes

This has been my experience with SFV OG as well. Havent grown it, buddy does, and the best I’ve had of it came out as mids that lasts for ~30min or so.

That’s what I’ve heard too. Long as you dont mind perfumey floral grandma scents. She was hoarded for years before finally being let out.

13 Likes

No way, man, SFV’s fucking great, usually. That’s actually why I bought it instead of the Redeye, just because it’d been so long since I’ve blazed any. My thinking was,”Okay, I can’t remember what the genetics of the Redeye are, but I know I have a lot of the GHash crosses, so those will always be available to me; I’ll never grow straight SFV, just because I don’t grow clones and when’s the next time I’m gonna be in a dispensary?” haha!

Maybe there’s just a watered-down clone of it going around recently or something? I really don’t know. The last time I blazed any SFV before I got some from that visit to that dispensary was probably seven years ago, so maybe shit’s changed. But SFV was always VERY good weed back in the day.

14 Likes

I already am testing a couple Sunshine Queen (3 Kings OG x SSDD), but would mostly consider trying more if I don’t find anything good in these few. The reports of Sunshine Queen that I’ve read (most are by people who have posted in this thread) have been very positive so I know there has to be some good stuff in there, just a matter of finding it.

Nspecta’s episode of the Potcast triggered me to purchase Grandma’s Hashplant (Irene x 88g13hp), so the temptation to try that is definitely there… I’m not really big on the sweet and floral smells that I’ve experienced but that wouldn’t keep me from trying it.

15 Likes

Yeah, I have tried a few Uplifts and my experience has been pretty disappointing. The 3 “OG” SL crosses that I’ve tried have all had a very similar bland / muted smell that I can’t get past. That was partially why I was excited about the Goji F2s because the mom actually smelled. I know it’s superficial but so many of Bodhi’s crosses have desirable effects for me that it’s hard to justify anything on effects alone, especially when it’s not something really unusual like a landrace or deadline. Interesting smells make the hobby & process of growing just so much more enjoyable and immersive for me. This is the reason that I’m hesitant to try anything with the Snow Lotus father. I’ve read a few other people echo similar distastes for the Snow Lotus, but obviously that’s not to say there aren’t incredible plants to be found in those lines, including ones with great nose on them.

Similarly a bit hesitant because of the SL in this cross but having the Blueberry in it definitely makes this one more tempting. I’d consider swapping Blueberry Hashplant out for that one for sure!

10 Likes

Yeah, I get that, for sure. I do think it’s so interesting, though, how everybody’s experiences with pretty much everything, not just weed haha, vary so much. Even me personally, weed-wise, my experience with the Snow Lotus male has just been so all over the place. Like, I ran the Larry Lotus once years ago and it didn’t really grow anything at all like an OG, but I really liked the flowers and they actually ended up smelling/tasting like Larry after a decent cure. The high was total “Larry,” too, which is to say: awesome haha. Ran it again a couple years back, same pack of seeds, grew wayyyyy more like an OG, but I did not like the flowers at all haha. Didn’t have that floral “Larry smell/flavor,” nor did it have the high. It was strong, but it wasn’t Larry, despite the fact that it looked like an OG.

That’s right, I forgot you mentioned that a while back.

Yeah, I dunno. Those Uplifts I grew (four of them) all turned out so good that it really made me reconsider any and all Snow Lotus crosses. Before that, I was just kind of like,”Eh… I dunno if that male is as great as Bodhi says it is…” But I’m down to grow some more now. I dunno when that’ll be exactly haha, but I’m not opposed to it at all. I’ve got a few in the fridge, I’m sure I’ll grow some here pretty soon.

I was thinking more along the lines of the fact that the male in that cross is the OMG. And part of the mom is Blueberry. Especially since you’re talking about flavors being important to you, I think that there’s a very real possibility that you could find some extremely tasty plants from those seeds. The best-tasting OMG plants I’ve grown have all had an amazing sorta “tangy citrus/tangerine” thing going on that I think might blend really nicely with the Blueberry. Could just be a flavor explosion. I dig that OMG male, anyway.

I dunno. Like I said, though, I had to talk myself down off the ledge when I saw those Madre Azul seeds released haha.

10 Likes