Incoherent gibberish & Goji F2s. Also Bodhi adventures & pollen chucks

A place to dump information and pictures in order to avoid clogging up the Bodhi thread. Mostly going to be focused on Goji F2s, and crosses with the Goji OG male possibly. Will try to update this thread with opinions or if I think of more information to add. If you received F2s somehow feel free to add info as well if you wish, good or bad.

History

Project began last spring with the hope of a luck based preservation of Goji OG’s uplifting effects, and ended late summer / early fall. By the time seeds were being separated community projects started to gain traction here on OG and other places, utilizing much higher numbers of seeds to select from than the measly 2 used in this project.

Example :

Not sure of the value of this Goji OG F2 project now, but a few people have kindly offered to help test them so time will tell. Could be a major flop with unattractive attributes and intersex traits, or maybe something worthwhile could be found. Low expectations, but if the clear, functional & uplifting effects are preserved that would be nice.

emptypack

2 Goji OG beans remained in the pack, and luckily ended up with 1 male and 1 female. No vigorous selection took place, however the female was indeed the most appealing female of the pack.

The second most attractive female of the pack had very desirable physical traits and effects but completely lacked flavor and aroma and trichomes weren’t very sticky. This Goji OG had more golf-ball shaped flowers with a great calyx to leaf ratio and was extremely dense.

Goji 2 (not the one used in F2, but for reference)

The mother used in these F2s has more spear shaped “full” buds, moderate-high odor, and was relatively sticky. Bag appeal isn’t anything special in my eyes. Very functional and uplifting effects that make the flower a good choice for most occasions. I prefer the physical traits of the other pheno a bit more, but the smell and stickier trichomes give the mother used in these F2s a higher score in my book. Both have very similar mood enhancing effects. She has a complex aroma that changes multiple times throughout the cycle. Initially berry, then pine-sol, and finishes to a more complex gas , pine, skunky, rubbery mix. Uplifting functional “sativa” effects.

Mother of F2s

Review of the Flower :

The Goji male matured to purple stems with very thin leaves.

To be continued…

83 Likes

Goji OG F2 (2021)

74 Likes

Sounds so good hopefully will be able to get my hands on some of those Gogi og, seems like something special for sure thank you for your contribution to over growing the world haven’t had much thoughts pollen chucking but after joining og it sure has opened my eyes to a whole new world for sure want to be able to help do a seed co op sometime much love :seedling:

9 Likes

Love at first sight moment :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

I’m glad you are putting this all in one page, so we can watch the journey! Hopefully I’ll have some pics to add here in a few months :wink:

6 Likes

Holy crap!!! This sounds like an exact replica of my F1 in terms of smells and effects. Mine does not look as photogenic as yours though, she’s gorgeous. Can you tell me more about her growth patterns from veg into flower?

Mine almost triples in height in flower and packs on tremendous weight.
Does this weird preflower thing if she is unhappy.
But good luck trimming because of her higher leaf to calyx ratio. I’d be willing to source you a cut if interested. She was the only seed to pop from 6 seeds.
Awesome stuff here. I’m tuned in

15 Likes

Beautiful flowers and beautiful photography got the lighting just right :+1:

:peace_symbol:

7 Likes

I have some backup pollen from the Goji preservation run. If you find yourself in need, let me know

11 Likes

Interestingly enough this pheno had a tremendous effect on migraines for me and I saw in your thread someone mention your pheno being very beneficial for either migraines or headaches as well (sometime last year). Must be some cannabinoid or something in the Goji…

I don’t trust my memory enough to give you a solid answer on this. Mostly do minimal veg with everything (12/12 from seed on the f2s). If I were pressed I’d say the mother doubles @ flip or slightly more. Mother does not have as nice of a calyx to leaf ratio as the F2s. She isn’t really fussy or have any obvious issues other than lack of “bag appeal” and having more leaves than I like to trim. I did receive one report on someone testing an F2 that said their Goji F2 was the tallest plant in the tent growing directly into the light. Mine have all been quite compact, but they were 12/12 from seed.

Thanks, I appreciate it! I’ve been trying for a while to improve my photography skills and picked up a black canvas backdrop after @iamyou_youareme told me they’re using one. I’m really happy with the results.

Thanks for stopping in, hoping they remain stable for you!

Definitely appreciate the offer but hands are full and feel overwhelmed w/ project ideas. Very interested to see what you find in your project!

16 Likes

Another pheno I forgot to include.

Also it’s worth noting that a few exhibited fertility sensitivity in the form of clawing in early flower. Not sure if it was an issue with the medium, compost, or genetics but they were immediately culled.

24 Likes

Stoked to hear it worked well for migraines use to never get headaches and migraines but the past few years they have been pretty bad also what camera do you use for photos there so nice

5 Likes

After effects testing maybe a coinflip could magically find itself your way if you’re in the states if you’re interested in testing (few weeks). Thanks! Camera is a Nikon Z5 w/ 105mm macro lens.

10 Likes

Would for sure be up to give them a test could do a whole grow journal on it and thanks looking to get a decent camera to take good shots of my crested geckos that I breed going to look into that one would be awesome to get some micro shots of my flower too! @syzygy

4 Likes

The Olympus TG6 is a great point-and shoot for taking extreme closeups where you don’t even really need a tripod. Doesn’t take nearly as nice portrait style flower shots, but very good for trich inspection.

Pictures in these posts were done with TG6

13 Likes

Yeah lighting is key in photography… Are you using a key light, soft box or…

7 Likes

Godox speed-light w/ the small soft-light diffuser it came with. Remote trigger for sideways light to attempt to highlight the depth and structure of the flower. Ended up just taking like 40-50 shots at different aperature / iso / shutter speed + lighting angles.

Still have a long way to go in terms of figuring out the best settings to use but generally hover around 50-100 ISO, F/22 & 1/200.

15 Likes

Yes. A few of us experienced headache relief after just a few puffs. Pleasant high, but too much can be sleepy for me. :sleeping::sunglasses:

11 Likes

That’s the way to do it.

You’ll fine your preferred setting soon enough and then its easy from there :+1:

:peace_symbol:

9 Likes

First Grow observation since exile. Looking forward to reemergence, hope all proceeds as positive at it is. There will be a l - o - n - g line of OG’ers for some of that ''Goji Heaven", no doubt. Best of good fortune for a continued successful project. When that far right corner becomes available, I’ll grab the spot. Do take care, stay safe, and be well…@misterbee

22 Likes

damn you got some skills with the camera all your shots are outstanding thanks will look into those 2 you rock!

6 Likes