Introduce Yourself @OG (Part 1)

Welcome @Bluefish4444 @OldUncleBen! Good to have you guys here.

3 Likes

Welcome welcome!
We all do some learning by trial and error! There’s no substitute for seeing something that gets fucked up in person. :sweat_smile:
Stick around, I’m only a week old here, and I can tell you it’s my favorite forum of the ones I’ve visited.

6 Likes

Welcome @Bluefish4444 , I am somewhat new to the site and have found this to be a great place to learn, with great advice and friendly people.

3 Likes

Welcome to OG @OldUncleBen and @Bluefish4444

4 Likes

Thanks folks for the nice welcome, I appreciate it and am ready to jump into this great community pool of knowledge,

4 Likes

Hello guys!
I am from one of the third world country, don’t wanna reveal which one because I like OG and planning on being here for long so I need to maintain my privacy because it’s illegal to grow, sell, trade cannabis here…
Still, I like growing and have 3 bag seeds popped right now, it’s likely to be a trial run, haven’t fed any fertilizers or light, it’s growing in organic soil I have taken from riverbed (full of dead and composted leaves and roots) and mixed with cow dung compost (composted for 6 months) and I unknowingly added improperly washed coco with coir🥺…

I have kept it outside for now, it has been raining non stop for more than 10 days…

As for my goal, I would love to grow hybrid varieties sourced from abroad, preferably GG#4 or Bruce banner for my first grow. And I would like to grow it using synthetic nutes first…

I haven’t invested in anything rn, because I cannot afford it. So I will be making a diy grow tent as soon as the weather allows and plan on using LED flood lights at the beginning.

As long as the growing tutorial goes, I’m more of a reader myself and I’ll prefer OG instead of YT anytime…

About myself, I was working in oil and gas fields until I lost the job to covíd last year.
I understand instruments and automation better and in the past year I even taught myself welding and fabrication.
I’m handy with tools, should come as a useful trait in my grow journey.

12 Likes

Welcome to OG @alwaysnoob

3 Likes

Lots of handy skills. You’ll learn alot here… I know finding some things in a third world country aren’t always easy. Good luck and welcome to OG!

2 Likes

Welcome to OG @Andrane

1 Like

Thanks brother…
My biggest concern so far are lights and nutes…
I even plan to diy carbon filter lol…

2 Likes

Welcome to OG @alwaysnoob ! Even though I am in a first world country, my area it is still major criminal penalties for growing and distributing our lovely plant. Livelihood, freedom, and property can be taken from you for such a venture.
I found that my diy carbon filter worked way better than what I have purchased since. Good luck on your adventure!

5 Likes

Thanks brother…
Stay safe and happy growing…

2 Likes

Totally understandable classifying your location.

You might have to pick strains that are compatible with you ambient humidity.
Example: Large Indica buds buds are easily damaged or destroyed by high humidity in late flower. In that case, a Sativa would be a better choice.

Oh, and welcome to Overgrow!!

Cheers
G

8 Likes

Welcome to the grow!

3 Likes

Thanks brother…
Cheers…

4 Likes

Thanks brother…

3 Likes

Welcome to OG Kuttyjaya.
Hope to see you grow with the OG family

3 Likes

Thanks brother…

1 Like

Hi @alwaysnoob, welcome to OG! You’ll love it here!! Have fun!!

2 Likes

Be welcome Kuttyjaya…

Be carefull here… big chance to you get addicted ! :stuck_out_tongue:

keep growing!

4 Likes