Introduce Yourself @OG (Part 1)

Welcome @CWF. My state recently went legal. I found it very hard to overcome years of staying in the shadows. It still freaks me out interacting with people. I much prefer to just lurk and be invisible.

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum CWF. As a fellow bluegrass and blues enthusiast, I must ask. Do you pick much? Several of us are long time pickers on here. lol

2 Likes

@Emeraldgreen : Don’t tell, don’t sell, and don’t smell: a mantra of “ells” I live by. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Hi @CWF, welcome to OG! You’ll love it here!! There’s no way you may not like it! Enjoy!!

2 Likes

@MoBilly : c19 killed all my gigs, and the bandleader (blues band) died of congenital kidney issues, so I am only picking with friends about every couple weeks for the last year or so. I try to play some every day, mostly fiddle tunes. I am selling almost all my amps and quite a few guitars. I am keeping some vintage strats and a "56 LP, but mostly I am working on a solo acoustic instrumental set in order to play out a few times a year. I got a Preston Thompson DIA dread that has made my Martin D-18 gather dust, so the D18 is on the block as well. I did recently do a fill-in gig for a friend’s blues band. It went well, but I am a little rusty since I’ve been focusing on bluegrass/fiddle tunes.

2 Likes

Welcome Dr. G…Glad you’re here…there are tons of OG members here who are willing to help you with your grows and they are nice people to boot, unlike some of those assholes at RIU…If you need help with your Phototron just let me know…That strain Black Eyed Katy you have growing in your Phototron sounds interesting…

New grower and in need of some input on my plant

2 Likes

The same thing here. C came about and playing out stopped like THAT.
The band went their separate ways.
That was a bad time all around.
Now I just get together about once a week with a few friends and once a month we have a jam in a friends workshop where maybe 20 people show up.
It’s all changed, and it sucks.

3 Likes

Welcome to OG @CWF

2 Likes

Welcome to OG man :+1:

3 Likes

Hi @tres_preoccupied, welcome to OG! You’ll love it here! Enjoy!!

1 Like

VAhomegrown here! Came over from RIU. Somewhat new grower still, looking forward to learning more and talking about kick ass strains!

15 Likes

Hi @VAhomegrown, welcome to OG! You’ll love it here! Guaranteed! Have fun!

2 Likes

HI and welcome to OG @tres_preoccupied and @VAhomegrown .

Lots of musicians and arty folk here me included tres_preoccupied so you should feel at home.

3 Likes

Second that! Indeed! @Shadey ! OG is home!!!

2 Likes

Welcome to OG @tres_preoccupied and @VAhomegrown. Always nice to see new folks joining us here, have fun.

1 Like

Welcome to the party OG @tres_preoccupied and @VAhomegrown .

Yeah, there are a lot of us on the forum that bend a string from time to time. lol
Bluegrass / Gospel picker here. Well, a little “off bluegrass”. lol My lead guitar picker is an old blues musician that just can’t quite turn it over completely. :slight_smile:
After twelve years, I don’t expect him to, nor do I want him to now that we have refined this sound.

Holler at me anytime. We have a chat thread I’ve heard. LOL
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey I’m in NoVa too! Glad to see another local!

5 Likes

Welcome to OG @tres_preoccupied I recently joined the OG community and it’s just a GREAT place to get some input and overall the best online growing community I’ve joined

4 Likes

Howdy @VAhomegrown to OG, unfortunately I am a former member of RIU and it’s a waste of time but I hope that you like it here !

3 Likes

Welcome to OG! :wave:

:green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes