Introduce yourself @OG Vol. 1

Hi @Smokeygrows, a warm welcome to the Overgrow.

There are a bunch of MA folk here. Looking forward to hearing more about your grow experiences…

4 Likes

Oh thats really cool to hear! Well a little about the issues ive encountered so far have been foxtailing on my white widow and bud rot on og kush right at the finish during my first grow. Exciting and heartbreaking at the same time. Then i got PM from the clone I got so I had to learn about that and now i’m learning even more or at least trying.

5 Likes

Welcome to OverGrow, we have all been in your shoes so don’t be shy in asking questions :blush: and pests tend to always come attached to clones when ya get them it’s good practice to keep them separate and spray before putting them near anything else :+1:

6 Likes

Welcome @Smokeygrows! You’re in the right place. You’re just going through the same things we all went through and still go through. Every mistake or problem is a learning opportunity. Forums make it all go a little smoother.

Looking forward to your pics. You sure got off to a good start with genetics. That PTW x Goo sounds crazy good! Happy grows! peace

5 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone! I’m glad I went through these same growing pains as everyone else. Makes for great learning indeed, I agree! The PTW X Goo came out smelling like berries, pine and some spicy notes. I used to think it smelled like hot trash. Other people i’ve had smell the jars would say cheese . No one ever had the same response. One of the reasons why I like growing this plant.

4 Likes

Hello my handle is Ole Reynard, used to have red hair now it’s all grey.
From the Midwest Emarald Triangle, where the lost are still goin.
Pushing 60 year old and have an extensive library of Old Genetics.
Been growing/breeding for over 4 decades.
My breeding practices are keeping things as pure as pure can get.
Hobbies include horticulture, woodworking, fishing and hunting.
Just here for a visit while passin through.

14 Likes

Welcome @OleReynard to OverGrow!!

Right there with you in the Midwest bud…

Enjoy the site and we’d love to hear some knowledge from someone like yourself and who you do your work!!

2 Likes

Hello fellow growers,
I am deep in veg for my first (real) grow. Legal plants. Outdoors! Wahoo! A GSCxOaxacan, a JillyBean, and a pair of ColumbianGoldxPanamaReds with very different phenotypes. Got the seeds from a local friend.
I will put some pictures up in a day or two.
Just about everything I know I learned from internet articles and an old book by Mel Frank.

I have never seen a flowering cannabis plant in person. I expect this will be a fun summer.

9 Likes

Hi @AllOra,

Legal! Congrats. Welcome to the OverGrow!

Looking forward to seeing the pics…

2 Likes

@Northern_Loki, thanks! What’s the best way to share the pics? Should I start a thread with my grow journal?

1 Like

Absolutely!

Indoor grow diaries:
https://overgrow.com/c/general-indoor-growing/growroom-diaries

Outdoor:
https://overgrow.com/c/general-outdoor-growing

If you’d just like to share a pic or two, there is this category as well:
https://overgrow.com/c/image-gallery

3 Likes

Howdy y’all, how are you guys doing? I have a little time on my hands so i might as well introduce myself. I’m much…much younger than most people on here. I’m 19 and i live in Southeast Tennessee. Born and raised in Sweetwater. My mom and dad always called me an outlaw. Me and my brother share the same blood as Frank and Jesse James, so i suppose the name is fitting. My interest in the wacky tobacky started at the tender age of 10. I always seen weed plants in movies and i always heard about it in music. One day my brother seen me doodling a smoldering joint. He said "Do you even know which part of the plant you smoke? I said “Well yeah…its the leaves.” He laughed and informed me that it was actually the bud that you smoked. This set off a whirlwind of wonder from within my very soul. I had to know more. I spent hour after hour, day after day, week after week studying and reading and watching everything on YouTube that had to do with cannabis or cannabis cultivation. Weeks turned into months and months turned into years. Behold, my new addiction, my vice, my passion that nobody else around me understands. Posters of legendary strains ordain my bedroom walls, corner to corner. A fire was started in my soul that nobody in this world could put out. I had to grow a plant, their was no if’s, and’s, or but’s about it. I became a cannabis dictionary, i could talk the talk, but could i walk the walk? I germinated my first seed that next April. It was from some Mexi mid but it was good enough. I had to prove to myself that i could do it. I didn’t have any soil to my disposal so i went into the woods behind my house and moved all the leaves from underneath really old trees. I figured the longer the tree has been there, the more leaves had decomposed under it, giving me a prime spot for a decent mount of rich black soil. About 8 feet from where i got the soil was an old, dried up creek bed. The soil was rich in minerals, I found the jackpot. I grew it on my back porch, only ever watering it with creek water and brown sugar (gotta feed those microbes) and i LST’d and topped several times until i had a canopy of 16 even colas. It looked like a beast, I was very pleased. The variety was so heavily sativa that it took all the way through until the beginning of November to finish flowering. I had to thaw out the buds with my moms hair dryer. Shout out to momma bear for that. All in all that plant produced 12 ounces in a 4 gallon pot with no extra nutrients. I did it… I successfully harvested my first plant. It was killer bud. I couldn’t stop laughing and it gave me shutter vision. Smelled like lemon and rotten garbage. Sexy terps, right? I gave it all away to this old man I knew that had his legs amputated. I noticed that the high made my limbs numb so i figured it would be perfect for his phantom pains. After seeing the joy in his eyes, I found my other passion. Helping those who really need it. So ever since then, ever since i was 13, I’ve been growing cannabis and giving it away. Now i find myself here, among those with similar inclinations as I. Yearning to learn even more about this beautiful plant and this beautiful life we have. I was never able to make friends of similar interests in person due to the potential of repercussions. Here, i can let my long hair flow and my weed smoke drift. The legendary Overgrow forums is my new home away from home. My own personal sanctuary of like-minded people. Thank you for accepting me into the community.

18 Likes

Welcome to the community buddy, we’ve all got the same passion here so you’ll fit right in. Get a journal goin!

4 Likes

Welcome to Overgrow, you will fit right in!

3 Likes

Hi @HandleBars, I really enjoyed readimg your history, hope you will join us for a long stay, we all share here many things in common …

4 Likes

Thank you, my history has just began however. And I’ll be here for as long as y’all got a seat for me.

3 Likes

Welcome @OleReynard! Man, I can’t wait to see your stuff and maybe pick your brain sometime. There’s a pretty good mix of old schoolers in here. I probably started some growing 40+years ago but I couldn’t stick with it because of the military and moving with a job.

I got a few periods where I was able to get back at it and had fun. I finally got back in it for real 5 years ago and moved to Colorado to not be held back. It’s a freaking dream come true at my age.

I think I saw a thread you started already with some stellar gear. I’ll be checking it out. Happy grows! peace

Hey boss, welcome to the show that goes and goes. That’s a very nice story. That’s for real passion there! Glad to hear you found the path early. It really leads you to a better life in general, through growing and giving.

I grew up in Bama and lived in East Tennessee in my late teens for a few years. I know that country well. I lived in Sevier and Cocke Counties. There was a lot of growing going on around there in the mid 70’s. Lots of old moonshiners picked it up early to please the newer generation. Some really fine pot came from there.

You have some great fishing close to you, too. Trout and the rest. Great rivers.

Enjoy it here. I do. Lots of great experience here and people who love sharing it. peace

2 Likes

Welcome Fellow Okie! Let’s Overgrow this Biatch!

Welcome @AllOra! have a ball here, we do! man, people are joining at a nice little pace…heh. It’s hard keeping up… well, and smoking heavily. peace

1 Like