Introduce yourself @OG Vol. 1

Haha funny how animals love the weed too :rofl: welcome to OG by the sounds of things you aren’t new to forums so I’m sure you’ll fit right in here man get somethin cookin am stick a thread up!

3 Likes

I’m more of a lurker… Heheh

3 Likes

Welcome @curiouscat! Lurk away. Sometimes we run naked through here late at night, so be careful!

6 Likes

Errm I’ll be careful hahaha

4 Likes

Welcome @curiouscat, hete in Spain we’ve got a saying: “The curiosity killed the cat” , fortunately yo have seven lifes :grin: , enjoy your stay with us …

4 Likes

I finally got back to your post to read it slowly. hey, I noticed you are concentrating on sucrose type products in your ghetto ferts (been there, live there), and molasses now, and I wanted to make sure you understood what those things are doing for your plants.

Mostly, you are feeding the microbes with the sugars, and that is good. But, the sugars don’t add flavor or anything, other than it feeds the microbial family (beneficial bacteria, fungi, etc.) and they are responsible for munching up the raw materials that make up nutrients, and make those nutrients available to the roots to absorb into the plant. And, then the plant’s unique genetics can shine and show their best.

In organic growing, that’s the key to it all; the microbial balance within the soil. If the correct materials are in the soil, and you have a healthy microbe population, the plants will thrive.

Sorry for the rant, but wasn’t sure if you understood what the sugars were doing for you. Plenty of better qualified growers here than myself so settle in and ask if you are curious. Weed growers love to make sure others become weed growers, too. heh . peace

2 Likes

Spanish cats? Or Schrodinger’s cat? I always heard 9

5 Likes

Well, I Googled that and the origin was the ancient Egypt, the gods gifted the cat with 9 lives and so is the tradition in many countries, but in the other hand, 7 is a magical number for the hispanic world and cats have that number of lives.

In Romeo and Giulietta, there’s a conversation in the original English version that speaks about those nine lives, but in the translation, in the Spanish version they are seven … :sunglasses:

11 Likes

awwww… poor Spanish cats. only get 7 lives… ??? :weary:

5 Likes

Nine is boring to death … :grin:

8 Likes

Hum. But dont part of the aromas or compounds of the aromas get broken down and re absorbed by the plant?
I know fo example that wine producers if the grapes are not to their prime and to quality standard they get discard at the foot of the vine itself giving back to the soil what the plant took in the first place to produce the grapes. Get my drift? That was what I was trying to do as a kid. I would also steep some lemon and orange peels in boiling water to get a tea let it cool down and water the plant.
I am an open mind, always looking to learn. :grin:

1 Like

Hey, Another New England grower! Welcome! This place is great! Hope the current weather is treating your garden well and those are some nice autos! Are they outdoors and in the ground?

2 Likes

Hey, GMan. Yeah, that’s the thing about this new hobby - the growing, though fraught with uncertainty and some unexpected challenges, is a happy thing! Nothing better than morning coffee and inspecting the girls to start the day off right.

5 Likes

Great advice on the journal. Thanks, Shadey.

2 Likes

I’m no expert by any means, but I don’t think so. Those things, terpenes, should already be inherit in the genetics of the plant itself. I used to believe that molasses was used to make bud sweeter. heh… I’m still learning about permaculture and microbiology of soil, but it’s fun as hell.

Molasses is more for feeding the microbes in the soil. The microbes in the soil have a symbiotic relationship with the roots of the plants. The microbes are responsible for taking raw organic elements and breaking them down in order for the root system to be able to uptake that to the plant for food.

And, mychorizzae and fungi/bacteria feed on sugars and molasses is the by product of making sugar and is full of nutrients.

I think most of the stories of using fruits and sugars to have them transfer directly to flavor are just myth. Once you figure the science out, and it’s actually very easy to understand, it makes more sense. Sorry for the rambling… i’m enjoying a nice evening buzz, heh. peace

5 Likes

I guess I’ll leave it to this as it a bit off topic. But it could be a new thread. Peace

2 Likes

Just did a quick drive by.
Welcome to all you good people.
Any Aussies I may of missed, throw me a PM and I’ll help you all I can with some decent OG genetics.

OG the World!

8 Likes

Sulfer increases terpenes, it is a major component used to make them. Molasses usually has a decent amount of sulfer. Therefore, yes molasses can increase the smell.
:+1::seedling:

4 Likes

I think I’ve always used unsulfered molasses.

But, my point was that the terpenoids would have to already be in the plant’s genetics and that citrus or sugars wouldn’t create new terpenes. It might induce the plant to increase the production of it’s own genetically assigned terps. but it won’t create new and different ones.

And, I’m still learning all of this stuff myself so I could be wrong sometimes. :smile_cat:

2 Likes

After reading this posts I have bought molasses: the agro non-sulfured one version. I googled what is the difference between them and the sulfured one contains sulfer dioxide that acts as a preservative and antimicrobes, so the non sulfured feeds them and the sulfured kills them . And what’s more, the non-sulfured contains single sulfur, so still beneficial, cheers …

5 Likes