Introduce yourself @OG Vol. 1

Hi Growers, I’m a new grower in America, working on my first batch as we speak. I have an HLG-100 For my 32x32x58 veg tent and an HLG 135V2 Respec for my 24x48x70 flower tent. My plants are about 3 weeks from seed and it is amazing to watch as they grow up. I’m kind of unsure what height to place my lights but they seem to be growing fine at around 28".

I look forward to browsing the forum and learning more about my new hobby. Cheers!

9 Likes

Welcome aboard. I am not familiar with those lights but I am Sure someone can chime in. A great group of helpful peeps here. Good luck with the babies.

3 Likes

Hello from Louisiana,

I’m originally from California but have been living in the dirty south for the last 43 years or so. I’ve been growing for 5 years, my wife has Multiple Sclerosis and her condition worsened to the point that it would immoral for me not to do anything I could to lessen her suffering. I’ll never apologize for growing and while state and local governments twiddle their thumbs and do nothing or not enough I’ll be busy taking care of my loved ones.

Other than taking great pleasure form my family and grand kids I’m into motorcycles and try to go on tour once a year. Love to fish and anything outdoors is good to me. I’m looking forward to learning much and making new friends.

I’m 44 days in on an autoflower grow, and for the first time I’m trying a Drain to Waste set-up with coco coir. I’ve ran into a few issues and will be asking for help over in the “General Indoor Growing” category so please be looking for my post.

Thanks!
October_King

20 Likes

Welcome @October_King!!

44 days into an auto grows that’s when things start to get exciting. I’ll be looking for your post!

6 Likes

Welcome @October_King! Enjoy, and best vibes with the family. We have a few people on here that are into caregiving. You should get some great knowledge here to speed you along your way. peace

7 Likes

Welcome aboard guys, don’t be shy, start a grow journal and post pics, it helps to keep all you info in one place and makes it easier for everyone to help.

6 Likes

Howdy @General_Zod! almost missed you. Pull up a seat and ask lots of questions. If those are LED lights I forget, but somebody knows. HPS about, 18 inches, T-5 florescent about 2-3 inches depending on how many bulbs in them.

Seems like LED will go close but will still burn (or bleach) the leaves at some point.

Enjoy your new hobby. It becomes addicting sort of and is a gateway drug to getting into gardening for food and flowers! heh. peace

7 Likes

I love Louisiana! I enjoy eating way more Cajun food than I should when I visit. Welcome to OG, you’re in the right place. I hope the medicine youre providing for your wife gives her some relief.

5 Likes

I hear ya. I grew up in Alabama and my dad lived in New Orleans for a while. I love that whole stretch from NO, east to Apalacicola, Fla. I’ve lived all over that area and grew up raising hell there. I love the food down there. It’s gotten a little too busy for me anymore, but it used to be a little paradise. Fishing is so fun down there.

Now I want a King Cake… hey @October_King, do you know of an epic place to have one shipped? I used to have a place I used that was a little pricey but it is the best King Cake I’ve had. peace

2 Likes

Nice lights you got there. Very good choices from the start. I have my qbs and led lights sitting from 18-24 inches from the canopy in veg. I usually stick around 18" myself but ive noticed different strains react differently. I let them go as close to 12 inches from the canopy in flower. But you always want to watch your plants and see who is not liking the light at whatever distance you may have them. If the leaves start to claw, then the lights might be too close. Welcome to OG!

3 Likes

Thanks! I’m still trying to figure out the best height. I am in week 3 of the seedling stage (from seeds) about to hit veg, I think. I have them about 30" away after seeing the leaves claw so I’m hoping that will solve the issue. I’m loving the experience and can’t wait to see how they turn out.

Thanks! It is very addicting, I am thinking about it way too much lol

1 Like

I believe I had my lights at 24 inches in the seedling stage. they essentially grow up and hit the 18" and Ive heard some people even do 18" but it all depends.

1 Like

Hey GMan, you can’t go wrong Haydel’s Bakery, international shipping too!

1 Like

Awesome, I figured you would know. I’m bookmarking them. I haven’t had one in a good long while. I used to have them shipped to me. Nothing better than a really good one. Some people have no clue, but the real ones, wow. Thank you!

1 Like

Hey OG I just wanted to introduce myself
I have a love for weed since my first smoke at 18… a little late compared to others but I was a child of the just say no era. I have been a grower for a while now something I have always been afraid to mention on forums until now. I have always read posts but never interacted with anyone. Hopefully this will be the start.

14 Likes

Welcome to the Overgrow, @Souljah1. Glad you’ve made it out of the shadows. Plenty of likeminded and friendly folk here. :+1:

4 Likes

Welcome, bro. Enjoy it here. Lots of great people and awesome growers.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Cyberax’s Garden

Yeah seeing the privacy policy here is a massive reassurance and also the encryption on my phone and VPN ease my mind a little.

5 Likes