Introduce yourself @OG Vol. 1

Thank you for the welcome. I’m about completely shut down atm so I can’t start any grow logs just yet but will try to participate in some way. Thanks for all the hours of productive distraction!

7 Likes

Welcome @almostdone. I imagine almost anything will grow there well except maybe in the dead of summer. Shade cloth will cure that. May be a little north for sativa outdoors without some planning. Otherwise I bet it’s a wonderful climate to grow pot. Best vibes with it.

2 Likes

Hello everyone, my name’s FacetiousEd… people tens to think I’m a little silly… anyways I was sent here in search of knowledge, guidance, and hopefully some new friends. I have a few harvests under my belt, nothing more than a plant here and there spread across a decade and a half off autumns. This time im going to try my hand out at indoor autos.Im being gifted a light that as of right now I know nothing about except it’s given my buddy a couple harvests. Whenever I obtain the light I’ll be making a thread for my build and hope to see you guys there… I need you knowledge.

Cheers!:call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

10 Likes

Welcome to OG FacetiousEd, l hope you enjoy your new home here. I look forward to seeing your progress on your grow thread :+1:

3 Likes

Welcome @FacetiousEd! Dive right in and hang out. Lots of great stuff in here. Lots of older peeps and younger ones. We have it all! heh. Happy grows bro! peace

3 Likes

Hey, im bob. Im from the uk, got a couple under my belt but indoor sucks so im going outside! Im interested in seed trades as i only have gelato up to my eyeballs and from what i have seen it doesn’t like to be a wet puppy.
Im just going to have a poke about the forums and see if i can learn a thing or two. Feel free to give me a message anytime.

9 Likes

Hi im 7LPdWcaW, but people like to call me 7LPdWcaW. Im from the UK, have been growing for over 5 years now.

I originally started off with the /r/microgrowery community on reddit and have been an on/off contributor to that subreddit during that time. I found this site whilst searching for references to my app Grow Tracker and saw some nice comments about it. Im a developer by trade and at the time (5 years ago) there were no good growing apps that were privacy focused and all required internet access/account, etc. As its still illegal, was a risk I wasnt willing to take, so decided to make my own app to replace the terrible spreadsheets I was previously using and have been developing it primarily for myself ever since. I open sourced the app for other people who found themselves in my situation, but also to prove that it truly is offline and privacy focused (plus i cant submit to google play because it requires an address) and also as a way for me to give back to the community that helped me (was against /r/microgrowery’s rules so was removed anyway :frowning:)

14 Likes

Welcome to OG guys, there are a few UK growers here I am an ex UK now Canadian Grower :slight_smile:

There is lots to see and learn here, electronics and tech stuff going on as well as seed production and growing.

Give it a month Bob, and once you have been posting a bit, you will soon start to pick up enough seeds, to not know what to do with them all lol.

5 Likes

Welcome Bob and 7! Enjoy the site. It should have everything you need. Heck, you can even browse without pants around here. peace

7 Likes

Did I leave my webcam on again?

13 Likes

LMAO!!! 20 character times

4 Likes

Welcome! Aways nice to see another one close to home for myself join! Hope you get inspired to start a grow log and hang out ! There is a great community here !
Peace and love brother!

2 Likes

Hello all! First time posting in any forum for me, although I have read through many old and current threads. I love the kind and sharing attitudes I have seen here at overgrow, (More than other sites) and I’m happy to be a part of it! I’m an old (er) head, without much experience with modern varieties. I enjoy old school much more than new school, and my main interest lies in the preservation of landrace and heirloom varieties, both indica and sativa. It seems to me that (NEARLY ALL) long flowering varieties are in danger of extinction due to the modern “I want it now” mentality. Indica are in danger due to hybridization. My focus is on anything rare, and I am here to do my part to help preserve these gems.

14 Likes

Good to have you here Upstate, you’re going to fit right in here. I look forward to seeing some of your endeavors soon, start a grow thread post some pics :metal:

2 Likes

Welcome @Upstate! Lots of us old farts around here and your attitude fits right in with this site. Settle in and have some fun. I think you’ll like it and find lots of peeps who think just like you. peace

4 Likes

Thanks Gman! Happy to be here!

2 Likes

Thanks Shady! Going to be a couple months before I get a thread going myself, so I will have to live extrainiously through community members like yourself for now. Any threads you can recommend for a landrace sativa lover?

2 Likes

I see yr number 1 (level 2) on png list you lucky devil. Hope seeds come thru for you. Can’t wait to be in that position myself. Very interesting and nearly unheard of landrace. That auto version could be zamal ancester. Only other autoflowering tropical strains I’ve read on was one from thailand, and Tanzanian magic from africa. Am I correct in my thinking that I can’t even post in that thread until trust level two?

1 Like

Hello all. Residing from illlinois… was an og member back in my teens before it was shut down for a while. Am beyond excited to see it back. Have been on the last 4 nights in a row!

10 Likes

Welcome back man it’s like the SAS or the Mafia you never really leave :wink:

1 Like