Introduce yourself @OG Vol. 1

Welcome @DirtDigger!

1 Like

Thanks for the welcomes,I can see myself spending a lot of time on here.cant get enough on the subject.wants ive had a good look around and see whats what,I will put up a few pics.thanks again :v:

3 Likes

I’m at the point my beautiful other half thinks I’m obsessed with the forum…

She’s never met @99PerCent though lol

6 Likes

I can see my mrs havin a moan to,she thinks I spend to much time reading or on the grow sites as it is.she can’t understand why I sit there just lookin at my plants for age to.thank god she ant never herd me talkin to um lol :+1:

3 Likes

Welcome @Herby glad you found your way over here. My wife happened to be in the vicinity when I said good morning to mine once.

She asked, “Why dont you say good morning to us like that?”

I replied, “only plants are capable enough to appreciate enthusiasm of that stature at 5am…” She tolerates my cynicism well. Lol

@toastyjakes :joy::joy::joy::scorpion: @99PerCent you definitely get “first responder” title. Always a post ahead???

6 Likes

And unless she is a classical musician or in the Real Estate business locally, she probably will have to create an account on OG to get to know me, lol.

The only ones at home when I lock the doors are the plants. They are jealous of my time online.

99%

11 Likes

That doesn’t look very beautiful at all. @99PerCent

2 Likes

I know, one of my least favorite images.

Was funny, I was at a water front home a few years back, and this little guy was singing up a storm. I was within 15’ and it made no difference.

:smile:

2 Likes

I guess I should do an intro…

been growing outdoors 30 yrs or so indoors about 15 …
for the last 15 for back issues …they fused it 15yrs ago an now I am in a world of shit . NEVER EVER HAVE A BACK SURGERY
I run under 2k all organic down to the perlite ,
I use Wcastings and Roots Organic line w/ mammoth for crobes.
all bubbled.
The mix I am currently trying is a mix of coco an soiln perlite…

I do shuck some pollen well actually most of t he time.

I see alot of familiar faces over here an new ones also.

I am currently doin a seed run of the 79 xmasBud .
Flowering these now
I have ssdd , Ic , BoyjackxBlotus (mine) TimeWreck ,

Nepali Og x Temple ,I have a Goji F3 I am goin to hit this one w/ cause of the nepali Og thats in Goji…
Veggin i have jacks cleaner x Sfv Og Lorans LBL 14

Last up is azad , this strain is the first of a clone run . I plan to run 49 clones under a 1k in .8 gal pots …

I need more room , i am bored as shit…
oh and another thing …“your word is who you are”

see u all around

Peace GT

13 Likes

Glad you joined us @gardentroll!

1 Like

Hey new to the site love growin an smokin headband og

15 Likes

Hello there @StevieG! Welcome to OverGrow.

1 Like

How bout you @Sadiemei

99%

Introduction

Hello OverGrow! :smiley:

Been back a while, time to intro myself. I’ve been back more than a year, time to stop lurking.:wink: First, I am as paranoid as they come, that’s why it has taken me more than a year to do this. I recently found files that indicate I was here by 11-21-2001 and gone after 6-10-2003.

I learned how to grow from Weezil (correct spelling this time) and how to get better yields from BOG.

I had some damn good grows in the 2x3’ closet. I was using 6 vertical fluoros for lighting when my 1st seeds went into soil. Four months later, I bought a 420W hps with a wide dispersal reflector. It was my only grow area, so I kept vegging and flowering plants in there. To flower, I moved 2 plants at a time into a barrel with a lid. Two shifts of flowering, round the clock vegging.

I was a good plant dad, checking on them all the time. Hell, for my first couple of grows, I spent hours at a time just watching them grow. Tax return season 2003, I changed to 2 separate areas, got a 400W metal halide to replace the flouros in the veg area. Got a CO2 setup, an environment controller, pH tester, a new 1000W HPS and reflector.

In June 2003, I quit my job with good reason. Life got really crazy after that. I quit smoking weed myself, so I had some to sell. I never wanted to deal, but I had to feed my teenage son and make the mortgage payments.

I did find workin December '03. I started at low wages to make I got the job. It took the next dozen years, working all the hours I could. Didn’t leave much time for raising my boy (as a single parent) and plants both. My kid turned out awesome, my grow suffered. I just basically trusted my grow to care for itself.

In early winter, 2007, I stopped using the metal halide lamp due to the heat it generated and went back to fluoros. I was using T12 grow tubes in 3 standard shop lights. My plants didn’t suffer as much as I expected they might. I continued using these until early 2012 when I went to a single T5 4 lamp fixture. I used standard bright white lamps. In early 2016 I purchased 5K (temperature) grow tubes, which had a huge impact on veg growth. I also built a separate clone box instead of cloning is the veg cabinet. It uses a 45W, 5K, CFL photographic bulb for light source. I have a thread about the clone box here if you are interested:

On October 10, 2014, I had a shoulder replaced (with a total reverse shoulder in case anyone else is looking at getting it and wants to talk to someone that’s been there). By now, my plants were less than impressive, much less. I had 3 full months off and spent much more time with my garden, starting a real diagnosis. Problem was, my grow only really sucked from early August until about Thanksgiving (late November for non-Americans:) ).

From then on (when I could avoid excessive OT) I spent time online searching for some kind of answer. I had been to OG, not sure when, and saw the FBI sign, so I didn’t expect to find OG when I accidentally clicked on the old OG link in my favorites in late 2016. I was thrilled to find the GrowFAQ had grown since my last visit. I wasn’t planning on doing anything but trolling the GrowFAQ, but I finally decided to get a VPN. Now I am back.

Oh, and I found my answer, in case you were interested:

I finally realized I had thrips in the 2nd quarter of 2017. All this meant to me was I knew what I was actually dealing with, but that was enough. I now knew the white crud at the drains holes of my plants sign of a thrip colony. I knew they are incredibly small and very easy to overlook and normally haunt the drains holes at the bottom of a pot. I learned they I learned they LOVE it if you drill a couple of hundred holes in your pots to try to keep the (now) coco from being soggy. High rise heaven for these insects. And I learned that sf nematodes (my predator of choice) also destroy thrip larvae. The problem is, in soil they normally don’t go more that 2" deep because of how soil gets and that because of this, nematodes are ineffective for thrips IN SOIL, not so in coco. Nematodes can go anywhere in coco substrate, no problem.

Sorry about the rambling, I tried to make this the Readers Digest version. You wouldn’t believe how much I cut from this post to avoid making a book out of it. :smiley:

Cheers! :vulcan:

Edit: I almost forgot to say that I am in SE Wisconsin. Yeah, probably the ole paranoia rearing it ugly head.
2nd edit: I had forgotten to mention that I got a 1000W HPS at the same time I got the 400W metal halide.

14 Likes

Thanks Cobra, everything you say will be used for learning purposes and the advancement of an innocent plant, and nothing else.

99%

2 Likes

I know the feeling dealing with thrips. I thought for sure that the residue I was seeing was from the addition of CalMag. Of course the CalMag symptoms were really thrips, so it took quite a while to identify the problem.

2 Likes

@99PerCent

I get that, but paranoia doesn’t just go away. The only cure for it is time and experience…

1 Like

Congrats on coming back @Cobra50 !!

I’m interested in learning the tact and motions of old schoolers… they didn’t get that way telling people how they work their crop

But the ogs inspire me to grow better crop so welcome back man!

4 Likes

@toastyjakes,

The best way to keep a secret is to NEVER tell anyone. There are 2 people in my life that know about my grow: My son and his fiance. They only know because they live with me. Oh, and a psychiatrist and social work therapist. My psychiatrist told me she wouldn’t change my meds (deep depression) unless I quit smoking weed. I did for 2months, so I coiuld honestly tell he I quit. Went right back after my meds got changed.

OG is and always has been good for inspiration. I do find it to be a bit of a DISADVANTAGE sometimes though, I spend way too much time on OG. :smiley:

Cheers!

4 Likes

@Cobra50 truth told brpther… other than myself, 1 other person knows my hobbies… I’m speaking more of the experience of others in the professional hobby we accrue so much time and supplies for…

Nice to know that there are those new to learning and those who have taught newbs like me for years

1 Like