Jaybeezy’s garden

I am glad the insecticide is working for you and not stressing the plants, hopefully they have all died and are not producing off spring any more, just have to keep checking for eggs that may have hatched and you should be good :+1:

2 Likes

Hopefully @Shadey so i think it’s been about a week on a daily spray of mercenary…if anyone wants an all natural insecticide this shit works. So my plan is to slowly back off then hit it hard a week before flower development and then just give it a spray of plain water.

Haha so my plant is lookin overwatered. Can i assume it’s from the medium being so dry then getting water? Because when i opened my tent after work it looked so sad lol it couldn’t keep itself up i wish i took a picture haha. My stomach dropped.

I’m also dealing with some wind burn which I’m trying to correct. But also make it too windy for mites lol. I’ve also got my humidifier runnin keeping my tent at 55% RH and high 70s. Since mites like hot and dry. But then once flowers start I’m going to keep my RH In the mid to high 30s for my fear of bud rot. That’s gotta be the most discouraging thing to get. do all this work get a nice crop goin then bud rot.

3 Likes

I have had plant’s that have looked so wilted and dead, you think they are not going to recover but 12-24 hours later you would think nothing happened.

Anything under 50% RH is good in flower. Unless the buds are huge thick beer can width.

3 Likes

She looked like sticks and someone taped leaves on her :rofl::rofl: I knew i shoulda watered a day earlier oh well she’s good tho gotta try and not let that happen again. Gotta listen to my gut when it comes to waterings. Not feedings lol that takes a little thought

1 Like

I decided I’m not gna super crop her if you guys haven’t noticed. I’m living on the wild side! If she doubles in size she’ll be about 3 feet tall. Let’s gooooooooooo :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s good to know haha I’ve never had buds thicker than… A bottle of 17ml Vallejo paint.
Usually kinda airy due to lights or other factors remember I’m only dealin with 300w total between my 150watt HPS and 300watt mars hydro that’s rated at like 135w or something

But when i had 2 plants i had 1 under my HPS and 1 under my LED and i pulled denser buds off my plant under the LED while the one under the HPS went full spread eagle and started growing around the light instead of into it. Kinda weird but i think it had something to do with the amount of heat it threw off directly under…maybe i have some picture of em

2 Likes

Heat gives airy bud. Environment is very important.

3 Likes

2 grows ago

Top is aloha limone and the bottom is green alien

@Explorer huh i thought it was either stress or lack of light

That makes sense as to why my hps created more airy buds than my LED i expect to get airy buds haha something i wanna correct down the road

3 Likes

ya reckon the plants aren’t stressed in high heat? :yum:

You go into a sauna for more than ten minutes see how you feel :rofl: not sure about the light making airy buds but I put my HPS within a foot of the top of the plants so with a little 150W HPS I’m damn sure you could get it pretty close to get the same intensity of light. But I dunno I’ve never used a low watt HPS just the standard 600.

2 Likes

Bahahaha NO @Explorer I’ve never been in a sauna I’m a damn polar bear winter Is my season so i would never consider it lol

I know plants are stressed in high heat but i just remember my temps being in the higher 70s and didn’t think anything of it. Also do you got a cooling tube on that bitch? Cuz mine does not i mean i was struggling to keep heat in my tent without it i was in the low 70s with it I’m mid to high 80s

Yeah i read it on a few places growweedeasy.com being one and a few forums that if you don’t have enough light they’re not gna form right and be airy along with other things like deficiencies they could be wrong i could be wrong but it makes sense to me at least haha that’s why i wanna get some QBs with a dimmable drive? Ballast? Not sure what they call em lol gotta look into it more. But because i know if i throw in 2 288Qbs it’s probably gna be too intense for seedlings. But good for buds

2 Likes

When I was running HPS I started in summer with next to no fans which was the only time I’ve ever had airy buds. Another thing that makes them airy IMHO is a poor feeding schedule. At the time I was using an adjusta-wing reflector the standard ones which I replaced with a cooling hood reflector after I’d finished my second ever grow.

And I don’t do Fahrenheit I do Celsius but IMO you’re fine upto around 30C. You don’t wanna be there but they don’t tend to suffer too badly at that which I believe is about 90F :man_shrugging:

Also you do not need to buy new lighting to dim your lights for seedlings :yum: I dunno who’s told u that but I raised my seedlings all under 600W HPS prior to this LED shit I do now and you just need to learn what height x intensity is so for seedlings I’d have my 600W about 4-5 foot above because then their not getting that full beam off the light but it’s enough to stop them stretching. Then gradually lower your light. By all means though buy some better lights but don’t do it for the wrong reasons bro :+1:

3 Likes

The 2 grows ago look ok, I have only grown really thick buds with the King Tut strain I have.

I think heat causes the buds to open up and go fluffy as a regulatory process when expiration reaches a certain level.

I have had it happen on some and not other plants in the same room under the same lights, so strain, water and food are probably a factor also as well as the plants size and root system to get adequate uptake of fluids.

So to re Capp, it can be anything causing it lol.

1 Like

Shit i forgot you’re metric you’re right tho 80F is 26C so 30C is about 90F Smh i should just use the metric system lol

I hear ya on that. I’m just sayin if i got quantum boards I’d probably have to get a dimmable thing lol for that reason. I want quantum boards for the shit i see people pull off of their plants and i know it’s not all just lights but i know it helps lol they’re just super intense i mean i could get them and use them at full strength when i flower or get a veg tent and get some perpetual shit goin i have 2 exhaust fans already haha. But I’m not sure I’d be able to get them far enough away in order for it not to be a problem. More research is needed i see good stuff from sol strips and traditional HPS. They all have their pros and cons. I gotta find what i like ultimately

1 Like

Bahaha that’s kinda what i was getting at it could be anything. But eliminating things it could be narrows it down obviously. And so heat is a thing i didn’t take into consideration when it comes to airy buds so this run I’ll make sure i got low heat and higher humidity since I’ve always had my humidity around 25 30% in flower.

Hey heyyyyy this shit always excites me

7 Likes

Confirmed girly :metal:

3 Likes

Hell yeah! I knew it was. it was showing pre flowers i just didn’t get any pics of it.

4 days of 12/12 and the pistils are long asf not noticeable just looking but getting in there is a different story. I thinned her out some more a lot actually so I’ll be doing that till the beginning of the 3rd week of flower.

I’m having an issue lol idk if i should be watering a gallon every 2 or 3 days today was day three so she got the blend but getting the soil to accept the water was a pain in the assssssss it stood on top for about 5 mins till it finally soaked it up so i stabbed the soil with chop sticks regretting it immediately after realizing the pops were me killing roots face palm. But anyway she’s in a 5 gallon pot and I’m giving 1 gallon every 3 days with no run off

If the soil gets all dried out and crusty, just use your hands and massage the soil on top and it will break up for you and accept water better. Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Just what I was going to suggest :slight_smile: HardRoc

Jay you have to go by how much the plant is drinking, they don’t understand schedules lol. When I started doing no till, I followed a watering schedule and that’s how I got a huge fungus gnat infestation, took nearly 2 weeks for the pots to dry out properly. If you keep giving more than it needs you are going to get problems of some kind.

Keep to the schedule for the different feeds but adjust the time to when the plant is getting thirsty to water it. You have fabric pots feel the side of it and see how far down the side it feels damp. I stick my finger in the soil when I am not sure. My finger is just over 4inches long, just under a 1/4 of the pot from the top, if its dry to 3 inches into my soil I water. I don’t want my bacteria drying out too much. My plants use 2-3 liters every 2 days in a 10 gal pot. Humidity and temps make that vary but its mostly consistent. My cover crops help retain soil moisture. You going good so you must have been doing it right so far :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For sure haha the top gets super crusty because of what’s in the liquid bone meal to bind it so it don’t settle as fast a protein gum? Haha it’s some kinda gum. I should probably start breaking the top up then. That’s probably why my soil is “hydrophobic” it’s not it’s just trying to penetrate thru this hard layer of soil.

I shall massage my soil :rofl:

So i woke up today checked the plant she looks stressed and i can assume it’s from my heavy defoliation and root murder :disappointed: windburn maybe but my fans arnt blowing directly on em I’m not TOOOOOO worried just
Making note DONT STAB CHOP STICKS IN YOUR SOIL

As I’m learning more about no till it seems pretty fuckin cool having a micro environment in a container. It’s like keeping an ant farm but way smaller lol. I’m not sure it’s something I’d do indoors it seems more of an outdoor thing to me to where you can rely on rain or just water it while watering your garden (fruits and veggies). IDK lol i like being involved with my grows i like being around my plant.

4 Likes