Jelly's Cab Adventures

So I kinda let them dry a little too much lol.

Terry the bagseed gave me 56g total, so now my lighting is paid for lol.

Smells very piney, very sticky. I’ll get a smoke report this weekend as I’ve got a really busy week this week so I won’t be home much.

Edit: wifey says that it’s no longer crispy dry now that we have it jarred up with the bodeva packs. She sampled a small bit and told me that it is a good mix of citrus and earthy flavor, still needs to cure some as she said the first taste is harsh but by the end of the bowl it’s more of the taste she says I like. (I love the flavors lol) I am very happy with my “two” ounces off this one baby plant. I anticipate the other two plants to bring in 3 ounces a piece. I expect all in all I’ll have almost a half pound from this grow.

Considering I’m only running 320w of light and no training, 224 grams would put me at .7 grams per watt, much better than my last grow at .35 gpw!

18 Likes

Hi, I wanted to give an update on this. I do not think our nutrients will be able to quality for “Organic” certification in USA or Canada. There were some new rule changes with USA Organic labeling, I just found out it was to allow Hydroponic crops to be considered organic. So there was some mistake with my previous understanding of the new rule, since MEGA CROP contains Calcium Nitrate, that is not considered organic, therefore will not quality for organic in USA or Canada.

So, the new rule change allows Hydroponic farms that quality with full organic rules to be considered organic. For example, a hydroponic strawberry grow that uses all organic nutrients could now be considered organic, and previously it would have been ruled out because it wasn’t directly grown in soil.

So, of course organic is more of a marketing and advertising term, the NASA growers who grew aeroponics in space used General Hydroponic nutrients which have Calcium Nitrate, which are not organic. As long as the base ingredients are as clean as possible, and have little heavy metals, a good hydroponic fertilizer will give clean results and good healthy crops just as much as an organic fertilizer. Also, you could have organic inputs which give bad results, for example if you are using manure or fish meal that has heavy metal contamination, which is very possible to have, then obviously this contamination will find its way to the plant, and be less healthy compared to a “hydroponic” crop.

As a final point, organics do not perform as well in hydroponics, because the nutrient forms are not as easily uptaken by the plant. So, there has to be a process of bacteria to break down and convert your organic hydroponic nutrients, into the usable forms, and this process takes time, so its especially less effective in rockwool/ RDWC/Aero systems. Although, in a Coco Coir system, the coco can somewhat simulate a real soil and organics may be more effective in this type, since they can sit and find a home for several days while the bacteria does its work.

So, when we made MEGA CROP, we just set out to make the best nutrient possible to grow the best possible plants. If we could have done it organically, we would have, however it would have been too much of a performance loss to do so. “Hydroponic Organic” nutrients today are basically just looking to cash out on the organic branding, they do not give the best performance.

:evergreen_tree:

12 Likes

SSH’s are looking good. Today’s 52F.

Gotta refill the rez tonight. I think i’ll chop them after this refill empties out.

May have to take a break from growing real soon, probably about to be in some kind of custody battle, in my favor. I’ll still come around the forums but until I know what’s gonna happen I won’t be starting any new crops :slight_smile:

Wish me luck guys! This has been a long time coming! I rarely ever partake so I don’t think i’ll have a problem passing a urine test at least if they require one. Hair test may be a different story lol.

17 Likes

Those are some very big thumpers.

Nice work.

1 Like

Do what you have too, life is more important :blush:

5 Likes

What about taking a hose to the reservoir? That is what I thought to do in my own setup, to avoid lifting water.

2 Likes

Absolutely, if your running a gravity system like I have mine setup, all you need is a transfer pump to refill your res. I may end up doing just that eventually so I don’t have to lift water either lol. They make pressure reducers so you can run a pressureized system but I wanted to KISS

1 Like

Yes, I´ve saw the reducer. But I would be terrified that something will go off everytime I leave the place, now with an unlimited supply of water.

1 Like

I have the same fear lol. 5 gallon fed 3 1 gallon fabric pots for 4-7 days depending on rh and temp. In my case I’ll feel better with a 10 gallon res at my disposal.

Truth be told, you only need to readjust the flow 1 day after install, and every time you refill the res. I was so worried about how they might flood my cab, or not water enough, but it’s super easy to learn the adjustment process and get them set exactly like you want.

1 Like

I think my plant count is somewhat higher though, but I´d rather have two reservoirs and top them everyday, even twice, than risk the damn thing going crazy inside and find the cat scuba diving in the living room.

3 Likes

It still beats having to hand water. For more than 6 plants just build a res at each end. Instead of a shutoff valve at the end of my line, run that side to a second res and you’d have plenty of power for multiple plants.

I read somewhere the res only has to be 1 foot above the blumat. My res is 5 foot in the air because my cab floor is 3 foot off the ground.

1 Like

Now that’s an image.

99%

:cat: :beach:

2 Likes

I thought I had smoked all my harvest, but found a Jabba´s stash small plant hanged in a closet and forgotten. Apparently it still works :smiley:

4 Likes

Physical Like!

Still in Like Prison.

99%

2 Likes

I got you covered bro lol

Sounds like it’s your stash now! :grin:

1 Like

Those SSH colas are getting HUGE @Jellypowered!

2 Likes

Day 55F

Holy shit guys. The smell on these SSH is fantastic. I see them starting to fade, Won’t be long :slight_smile: Probably a week or so imo.

The “from above” angle shows you the state of the leaves.

@Scissor-Hanz Yeah, They are so huge I have never seen buds look this chunky from a my own personal grow.

Can’t wait to get these jarred up :slight_smile:

21 Likes

Are those Mr.Nice or Greenhouse SSH? Looking good Brother! Why wouldn’t you flush your plants? I would highly recommend! I smoked some unflushed Haze yesterday and needed to throw it away after taking one joint, my throat felt rough like swalloing an hedgehog. Why poison yourself with breakoffs of minerals ?

2 Likes

and they still have a ways to go your gonna be looking at a nice harvest

2 Likes