Jinglepot’s Grow and Adventures

It’s certainly one of those things that the more you research it the more intimidating it gets, but I just need to jump in and fuck a couple up to get the ball rolling.

6 Likes

I find the problem with brisket is getting a cut thats worthy of the commitment. Im not sayinv I want a wagyu brisket but the select and choice I have gotten have left a lot to be desired. Smoke a flat for 12 hrs and you can strap it on your feet and taKe a hike. MAYBE 4-6hrs tops for the ones Ive gotten. Thats it too. Finding the whole brisket! Wtf. I need a 12x12 tent and raise a black angus! Whats the proper ppfd on that?

2 Likes

By the way, beautiful spot of earth you have yourself @Jinglepot !!!

2 Likes

600 moo-mens per sq/ft

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

If im right… we can clone them right?

2 Likes

Haha thanks guys!
Here is a like to some of our property :wink:

I’ll break the Brosket down fir you. It’s definately intimidating until you do it…

1. Rub liberally with kosher salt and pepper
  2. Put on smoker 225
  3. Leave it alone
  4. When it stalls out at 150°f take it out, wrap it tightly in a couple layers if foil or butchers paper and put back in.
  5. Take out when around 195°f wrap in a towel and place in a cooler as long as needed. (Minimum 40 mins)
10 Likes

Butcher paper for the win… also Costco/sams has whole prime packers fairly often

4 Likes

Costco eh… We ha e BJ… Never seen a prime locally without having to order it. You lukky dog!

3 Likes

BJ might get them as well. You have to dig for them at my store. They are always hidden in with choice

4 Likes

I was gonna ask about foil vs. butcher paper, thanks @Jinglepot im just gonna fumble my way through it sooner or later. The local butcher shop here is super helpful and said they trim it for me and shit to help flatten the curve a little. They also said they could get me either just the flat or the point for the first go round, what do you expert meat smokers think about that? @BeagleZ better to just go full bore with a whole brisket or dip a toe in with a smaller cut like that?

I just noticed the joke up there. Meat smokers :joy:

4 Likes

Hey “Meat Smoker”!:joy:

I know you werent callin me but my opinion…

I like to trim things myself. I like more fat than some. Sure your butcher will do a fine job. I cook the trimmings too and snack on them at halftime! Also get the whole brisket but have them seperate it. Treat each piece as its own cook. Less chance of over cooking one to bring the other up to temp.

4 Likes

Yes, second the packer… a flat will just dry out and the point is too fatty on its own IMHO. But both together make the whole thing worth while!
If you trust your butcher, by all means give him a shot, but if there’s any meat showing do it yourself the next time :wink:
Sorry @4ftfarmer but I disagree on n separating them. The point basted the flat with all the fat the whole time. I personally think it is much easier to cook it whole. But like everything else, each to their own, you do you bro! :facepunch:

5 Likes

Have we reached a point where you cut open the brisket slightly and show us the juicy meat inside ? Or should I keep waiting in my corner a little more :yum:

4 Likes

Ugh I totally forgot to, I wish I did, but I was busy carving the brisket and all our guests were in awe licking their lips and we didnt get any of the mouthwatering juicy pics. We served it with baked beans, coleslaw, potatoe salad andhome cut deepfried fries

This morning, I chopped up a bunch of leftover brisket and potatoes and onions and garlic and peppers, grated cheese and went out to our chicken coop and got 10 fresh eggs and mad a gucking DEADLY egg hash breakfast skillet

Brisket and coleslaw sandwiches for dinner tonight

11 Likes

The hangover is immense today. :beers: :laughing: 3 days of +15hr days of drinking. The liver needs water and rest :laughing::rofl:

10 Likes

Dude. Mouth watering right now.

3 Likes

Here we go! The Auto show!
I have started 22 feminized autos for outdoors.

6 Mephmonster
5 Black Cream
5 Forum Stomper
4 Fog Dog
2 White Widow

26 Likes

Looks like quite the line up that black cream is probably going to be killer and I just gave my pack away .
Hopefully the new owner finds something good in them.

6 Likes

Fog Dog? If so I’m down. I can’t see. Da fog. Yea

4 Likes

Looks like you have a wonderful like up. Happy growing Jingle!

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes