Johnny Potseed's Hall of Genetics

Cool your child !! Well, looks good from here :sunglasses:

:+1::+1:

1 Like

Evening @GREANDAL

1 Like

I’m looking forward to growing out the Frankenstein for sure. Really interested which of these is most like it.

2 Likes

Greetings and salutations!

I have a couple clones of true Frankenstein going too. But they are just babies right now.

2 Likes

I have two about 3ft now just slow vegging for clones. It’s a large genie to bottle. :joy:

3 Likes

I have her in Mom tent . Clones super easy ,surprisingly healthy for her age , lol , and given little still grows like a weed . I chopped her back yesterday , could have given out 25 cuts. . Seems to like anything and everything , looks good , great structure.

Thinking she will explode once I put her in an Octopot . Can tell she will be a pounder in an Octo . Will run her 2 more runs from now

4 Likes

Remember. Anything with Frankenstein will accept a lot of nutrients in flower. Yes, even nitrogen. They are hungry girls. I was feeding 1000 PPM every watering. And that was daily. But they will reward you tho. Good luck.

5 Likes

So good buddage Mike? Worth running a tent of it ?

To my eye she looks really good . Vigor is there , size is there, just can’t comprehend it’s lineage , too complicated for me to wrap my head around , lol

1 Like

I have been there or a little higher from day 1. I suppose I could have leaned on them but I’m glad now I didn’t. lol

That’s an advantage of the pots, they take what they want directly from the water.

Oh hell yeah.
Top shelf for sure.
My “the ONE” right now is Island Sweet Skunk, but Bloody Monster and Frankenstein is just as good to me.
I wish I had my original BM as a mom. I have seeds but that girl was a little more specialer than the others.
I do like to run different plants tho. Except for ISS I have been running different strains for the variety. Some I like, some I don’t.

6 Likes

I grew islands sweet skunk maybe 15 years ago and I absolutely hated it. It’s been so long I don’t remember the details but it was from a respected source whoever whoever created I think I think it came from Canada I can’t remember but it was beautiful and all but it had this perfume scent and taste I couldn’t stand

1 Like

Cool Good to hear my eyes generally don’t steer me wrong and it tells me it’s going to be a good plan

lol It really warms my heart to see folks discussing Frankenstein and/or her crosses! I see @BigMike55 has been paying attention in class too… :rofl: :scream: :wink: :+1:
@GREANDAL & @Jetdro everything he’s said is very true.
@Jetdro cuz!? What part of her lineage can’t you wrap your head around? It’s pretty cut and dried
ALL seeds were regular, bought in 1998
White Russian
Sour Diesel
The Pure(Skunk#1)
Blueberry
White Rhino
Hawaiian Snow
G13
then added Maui Wowie
and crossed back with;
White Russian BX1
sour diesel BX1

I’m going to hit the ISS & BC in flower with Fem Frankie pollen!

9 Likes

Oh yeah sure just that simple lol

4 Likes

I didn’t say ‘simple’ lol I said ‘cut and dried’ it took 3.5 yrs of blood, sweat and tears, then another 1.5yyrs to smooth her out.

There were literally hundreds of clones in solo cups. Every single plant I had of each strain got crossed with every single other plant, and this process was kept up until it was down to ‘The One’ everything that wasn’t up to what I wanted or close, got tossed into the flower room to bud out and be forgotten. Waste not, want not, etc lol

There were a lot more ‘nopes’ than ‘yeps’ lol plus a LOT of pencil work! everything meticulously numbered & logged. If nope, all clones I had of that line were tossed into bud, if yep all clones of that level progressed to the next stage.

10 Likes

Dude I totally understand I have a good friend by the name of Randy he used to own the local Hydro shop here but he’s no longer in business. He made a strain that he calls cloud watcher. It took him 10 years. One day I made him sit down and explain to me how he picked every Fino from every cross and how many he grew in the whole sordid affair. It took like two hours to explain it it was incredible I had a headache when he was done.

So I picked the stinkiest Fino from this group I pick the lanky S Fino from this group I picked the quick flowering one from this group I pick the sewing sewing sewing so from that group in that group it was incredible I could’ve never done that I’m sure Frankenstein is the same

2 Likes

Actually, I bred Frankenstein with never a thought of sending her out into the world. She was for the wife and me, our meds, as well as recreational. But she was too good to hide, word got around, then spread, then I started giving away seeds and cuttings/clones. They had made it to all corners of the US by the time I came back to OG. lol Since back online, I’ve manage to send even more of her out, and now with the fem beans, she can become a world-traveler!!

I honestly had no intention of, or idea she’d become, so well known!
She was a labor-of-love, meant for personal, but all our friends were blown away, asking only for more Frankenstein, and the word spread slowly lol

14 Likes

@JohnnyPotseed what is BBP brother? The “bigger and more potent bud” line got my attention.

3 Likes