Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 2)

Morning y’all, happy Sunday

7 Likes

Glad to see we are all still among the living.
Morning guys and gals. Have a proper Sunday.

8 Likes

Mornin’ good folks of OG! I much prefer you to the folks over on the Meth Madness forum! :laughing:

10 Likes

Morning OG!

I hope y’all have a wonderful Sunday…:call_me_hand:

8 Likes

Good morning JP. Good morning everyone.

7 Likes

Would love to see the thread titles over there

“Tinfoil, where to find it, how to use it”
“Yes, those are nanobots in your wall sockets”
“Did you hear that?!? Me neither”

7 Likes

:laughing:

Also “An introduction to Trucker Bombs”

4 Likes

Good day Johnny and my fellow OGers! Hope everyone doing well and has a great day ahead! :peace_symbol:

3 Likes

ditto cuz, and hope you are doing well also?

2 Likes

Doing OK buddy, thanks! I’m waiting on a 2x4x4 tent that Lady Z bought me. She and my son will set up in the bedroom, since our basement growrooms are out for me. I can at least tend a couple or more Autos plants. So that gives me something to do and helps with the mood.
Still need to figure lighting kinda stuck on old-school HID…

6 Likes

Seems you’re a lot like me there, the ‘mobility issue’ for one, and the ‘growing helps’ for another lol
The son built some serious LEDs for our grow DIY is the cheapest way to go , what I’d pay $1500 for we got for $110.

if that piqued your interest, we used the Bridgelux Gen 2 -4’strips with a Meanwell driver.
For a 2x4x4 tent you could probably get 2-3’ strips we used wood laying around (run through the table saw) to build the frame

It looks loike some clarifying is needed. I didn’t mean to infer you could use 2 -3’ strips, but rather you could use 2’-3’ strips, how many would be the question Digikey sells what you need and they discount for bulk/quantity. I’d say probably like 5-6 strips for good PAR readings

Going over to LED has cut our electric bill drastically!

10 Likes

lol Now we’re stuck with a crapload of HID units that we can’t give away!
Even advertised on Craig’sList, cheap, no takers

2 Likes

Yeah, pretty much confined to my wheelchair, although I can stand for a minute to tend plants it sure is therapeutic.

Your DIY LEDS setups look great! I’m going to look for the Bridgelux Gen and Meanwell drver. Ive always been a DIY kinda guy. I think my son will be able to handle this.

I’ll be honest I’ve haven’t looked into LEDs until recently since the first UFOs lol …it just seemed so expensive at the time. But I’ve seen the results! Thank buddy!

We still run 400, 600 and 1000 watt HID crazy expensive too run

Thanks again bud!

Edit…I was informed the 400 watt switchable I thought was being used for veg because a few T5 sockets became unusable is not being used.

4 Likes

In the grow we had a total of 12 - 600watt sealed/ducted units and 14 dbl 4’ t12 shop fixtures. Insane electric bill. we converted the shop lights to LED and replaced all HID with LED (fewer because of bigger footprint)
Now we’re just down to two main LED and 4-6 shop fixtures since shut down commercial end and going personal only

6 Likes

I’m still old school 1000 watt hps and 315 cmh t 5 veg lights .
Would love to loose the huge hydro bills that they create just need to slowly switch them out as funds come available. 10 light fixtures at say 500 a hit just isn’t doable at present.

5 Likes

Wow! yeah I could see how that would get pricey to run that many lights, exhaust, fans etc.

We had a 8x12 veg/mom room and 1- 12 x 12 bloom room when doing commercial… and used 4 - 400, 2 - 600 2-1000, 1- 8 bulb T5 and countless CFL bulbs. The electric was more than our mortgage. But it was worth it at the time.

Now we’re growing for mainly me and some edibles for Lady Z we’ve downsized to a 600 watt in a 5x5x6 tent and 1000w in a 7×9 ×7 area outside the tent

4 Likes

I’ve shutdown everything but the veg room till fall . Going to grow out those autos on the deck keep some moms vegging and that’s it .

7 Likes

Same here Shisk. I harvested everything. Even if it was not done. I was so fucking tired of trying to dodge the 100+ degree temps. Everything is now shut down until at least fall in the shed. Its really nice out there in the winter, for growing. Summer really sucks.
I still have my few moms in the veg tent in my music room, but that and two outdoor plants is all until Autumn.

8 Likes

10 @500 is a hit cuz, but what about 10 at 100?
Just saying, you could do it in phases like we did, a few at a time

3 Likes

Not sure about a 100 dollar led light I know my hps lights I’d be lucky to get 50 bucks each used . Still got 4/5 315 cmh lights I was selling for 100.00 each thought they’d sell like hot cakes .

3 Likes