Keeping Up With The Jones

Cherry Tart

1 Like

Exotic genetics , archive seeds , dying breed and rare darkness are some of the most out of control booths at the expos. Huge lines , huge prices , always sold out fast and tons of hype. I would look into some of those breeders if you want some hype new new that will also result in some good if not great plants. Strains I’d look at
Rare darkness - the ox
Archive seeds - cake face or dosi cake
Exotic genetics - power sherb or runtz crosses
Dying breed - lemon Gucci
I myself would consider some authentic top dawg packs also but there getting harder to find.

7 Likes

Exactly the kind of answer i was looking for. Thank you.

2 Likes

Great thread. Let’s see what all the hype is about

2 Likes

Did you ever decide what to try , I’m really wanting the cannarado dubble grape , it’s the sour dubble crossed to a grape pie bx. If somebody was to get that and grow it I could cross it back on the grape pie if they sent me pollen, I would of course send back some of the resulting beans.

3 Likes

Sounds similar to, but not quite what I’m testing for calyx bros (kalalak on here). His Indiana bubblegum cut crossed to grape pie = Big League Grape. But of course they’re fems and testers. But I’ll be keeping mothers, once he releases the line, I may end up spraying a cut with STS if your interested.

1 Like

Not so much but I appreciate the offer, just throwing the cannarado suggestion out there cuzz I’m high and bored and it looked like a good mix , I’m currently trying to spend more time on landraces but I have several of the newer elite cuts and am always scoping possibly good pairings , can’t help it lol

4 Likes

Fruity pebbles OG, Runtz, sundae driver, mimosa, basically anything “cookies fam” or “Cannarado” & “Jungle Boys” … hope you find what youre looking for.

2 Likes

Yep those are def some of the current hype and hot strains, I have a few from those guys but in clone form
Sunset sherbert
Ice cream cake
Jungle cake
Gelato 45
Grape pie
I like the old-school skunky sour types but it’s good to have some of the new new for those who want it.

3 Likes

A quick google search and I found this lol… the marketing is next level with these boyz.

3 Likes

And the thing is there all really good, those guys got some really high end grow facilities and actually know what there doing.
The jungle cake is stupid strong and rather new so I’m happy to have it it’s really pretty tests high and has a soft sour musk to it.
The grape pie and sunset sorbet are my favorite from the above list though. The grape pie is straight grape jolly rancher soda smell and the sunset is orange creamcycle , both very strong unique terps.

5 Likes

:thinking: I’m wondering of it’s still obviously indoor salty HPS? …

Super hard to keep “freshness” in those little dispensary jars & I’ve never seen one that wasn’t too dry. Makes me wonder about distance from LA having something to do with that. ('ever see old stale tobacco from an out of the way store?)

For sure though, the competition in packaging & branding really ramped up after “rec”. All those labels :astonished: & all I want is a big ass, clear jar of weed to smell & get mine from. :chopsticks:

:evergreen_tree: Just skeptical of McWeed in general.

2 Likes

I agree with you %100 percent every club Ive been in lately was full of stale old weed in fancy shiny packages , I don’t have much expierance with the quality of the product that they grow I just know all the strains of there’s I’ve grown have been impressive and there grow facilities are super dialed in. I miss the old days of huge glass jars and super fresh product on the shelves. I grow enough that I fortunately don’t need to buy but it was a nice way to sample new strains back in the old days or grab a quick pre role when out of town. Thos bovida packs make everything taste the same , they keep things way to humid and it starts to break down. It’s gone very commercial very fast. Most of what I see in those stores now looks like 2+ year old nugs you would find in a old tote. The fresh looking stuff is so expensive it makes it apparent it has become a trendy hipster scene all about show

5 Likes

Strawberry Skunk anything…also don’t be afraid of anyone claiming old school deisel stuff…

Alien Grape Candy x Banana Butter Cups

1 Like

Cannorado double grape? Point me to a vendor.

Choice aka attitude carries there gear let me see if anybody in the states has it I can track down

1 Like

I will look as well. I thought maybe you already had it in your sights.

I saw it on choice , I go threw them with great results but I know some people are not a fan of attitude. I’ve always got what I order and when it’s repacked they include identifiable bits of the original package.
I’ll have some pics of the grape pie soon it has great structure so far and is putting off a incredibly strong perfume rose candy smell already.

Ive ordered from attitude several times myself. So far i have not found it in stock anywhere in the states. Im still looking though.