Krusty's Buckets

I was just talking to my other half about heaths grows . They really were amazing. I’m pretty sure that’s how I’m going to veg my moms I keep in 5 gal dwc buckets.
Lol I wish. some of these younger guys are in for a surprise if they don’t learn what to do and what not to do with house hold electric. Wire gauge by feet amps on a breaker .
I felt like a real piece of crap when that happen. 4 families had no where to live because of it.

4 Likes

Best you can do is try and pass on the message you learned to the younger ones so they avoid a similar experience - a little like the concept of penance in some ways…

Cheers
G

2 Likes

morning… just chopped down my GSC that was allowed to overgrow the veg room…bubblers over here… so she was dropped in a 27 gallon tote, this after about a 4 month veg…11 32oz jars with frosty nugs…lots of poor buds i did not keep…i didn’t chop undergrowth as I wanted it for the reveging of her… I say do it. you will love your results… Oh under a 600hps. …going quantum soon.

1 Like

I personally HATE DWC…I made up a system similar to DWC back like 8 years ago and I saw a lot of problems with it. You must keep the majority of the fluids AWAY from the lights/heat of the room. If you have the buckets same level as the reservoir then your buckets will have about 6-10" of fluids/nutrients in them, that’s totally wrong. What I do is add a cradle under each bucket if this is the case, like if you can’t drill out your concrete. Hell, even when I have drilled out the concrete I still use the cradles. The cradles are made up of 2"x4". Basically you have the 2-2"x4" at the bottom on edge (making 3 1/2 “) then you cross brace the top of them with 2 more 2"x4” on flat… making 5" of height. If you have more then 2 inches of fluids in the bottom of your buckets then you have too much. You want the soaker line to froth the fluids, so that it creates a lot of bubbles and is like aeroponics. If you have 10 inches of water/nutrients in the bottom of the bucket you’re working with DWC and trust me…DWC has no comparison to Aeroponics. Aeroponics or NFT is by far the most advanced and perfect system, because the plants get to choose what it wants. If it wants air there is air all around the roots. If it wants nutrients then it is ALWAYS filmed with nutrients. So you want your system to go 24/7. Plants need both nutrients and air to the roots 24/7.

what about adding more air to dwc so it has plenty of oxygen and nutrients available in the 6"-10" of water

2 Likes

I run filled to the brim DWC, main thing is temperature.
19-20C (66-68F) works for me, any time I have gone past 22C (72F) the lowered oxygen holding capacity of the water has screwed me, root rot, poor growth.
Built a chiller, 12710 TEC, PC water cooling radiator, block and pump, some flat bits of aluminum transferring cold into res, works great for 40l/9gal volume.
Added an inline aquarium UV sterilizer that seems to help too, run it 30min 2-3x a day.
I got a small pump and air stone, doesn’t seem to matter as long as temperature is kept in check.
If space and stealth wasn’t a factor I would be running a high pressure aero.

3 Likes