Landrace Expansion & Trade

Bodhi discussed this at length in his potcast interview (how wildly different landraces are when he smoked them at their point of origin vs from when he grew them in his own environment only one generation removed) DJ Short has also talked about that in regards to Maui Wowie and other hawaiian genetics. Environment has as much of an effect on expression as anything else imo! One of the many reasons I vehemently stand by outdoor (grown in the right climate with the right acclimatized genetics) as being the ultimate smoking experience.

10 Likes

Oh that’s right, I remember bodhi talking about that! I’m an indoor guy so I think all successful outdoor growing is the result of some form of spellwork :wink:

4 Likes

Ha, I could say the same about growing inside. Then again, I’m blessed by living in a climate perfect for outdoor growing. I’m sure I’d feel differently living elsewhere or not having gotten to experience what the peak of outdoor can smoke like.

3 Likes

You sound like me, all weed wakes me up, even Indica. But after thoroughly baking for a few hours I’m ready to sleep. CBD gets me wired unless it’s a Indica CBD.

1 Like

I’ve been using small doses of CBD for arthritis but my wife has also tried Turmeric and now prefers it to CBD.
She is still using CBD but her primary go-to now is Turmeric.

Cheers
G

8 Likes

we have some but she has yet to try it. We have no experience with it. No idea how much or what to use it in. Paella?

3 Likes

I just checked her stock:

Brand is Jamison’s (Canadian)
The pills are 550 mg.
500 mg of Turmeric plus 50 mg of Turmeric extract. They say the extract is 50x the raw material or equivalent to 2500 mg of raw herb.

My wife swears by them now, one a day…

Cheers
G

7 Likes

she is on warfarin/Coumadin and there is danger of an interaction and it is not safe at those levels apparently Also ginger can have some anti-inflammatory properties. In small amounts such as in food may not really be a problem, but at the levels that are theraputic …

edit- just found that out looking it up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Absolutely. The grower picks the best genetics that nature made that year and naturally those are the ones that do best in that climate.

6 Likes

@parttime
A friend bought the world of seeds Columbian and grew it in southern Oklahoma and in the fifth generation it produced terpense that repeled grasshoppers.

10 Likes

@Upstate thanks for posting feedback about Khalifa, I’ve been eyeballing thier gear for a while now, was on the fence but a good review definitely helps push the needle for me. Appreciate it :v:t2:

3 Likes

address sent !!!

1 Like

The owner of my local hydro shop was so interested in the Mextiza x Malawi I ran that he had his buddy with a lab test it and it came in as not only high in THCV, but 2:1 THC:CBD. My buddy is a contractor now in his mid 50s and says this is the best herb he’s ever had for pain/inflammation relief and getting him through work. Also yielded 6oz with only 5.5 weeks of veg from seed, have fun getting an Indica to perform like that :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Also @YoBigdaddy hit the nail on the head. Sativas always inspired me and with my adhd brain, makes me more “myself”. The indicas that freeze up my thoughts and make me stupid are the only ones that give me anxiety because suddenly I’m “not myself”; can’t think, sound like Beavis and butthead when I try to talk and just want to hide in a couch and sleep. Give me a psychedelic sativa and things might get weird, but the mind expanding vs closing makes all the difference to my biology.

16 Likes

Yuuup! The things that people love about indicas registers to me s lack of control over my body, fast track to a panic attack. Having to struggle to find the next word or feeling dissociative is not pleasant to me. But, give me a really up sativa and I can deal with the light trails and mind racing just fine because I can put one foot in front of the other and get on with my life(most of the time haha). My wife has similar feelings about this too, anything down triggers feelings of loss of control and anxiety.

9 Likes

I have some old freezer burnt seeds brought back from the Viet Namh war. my brother got a few to sprout. They finished a month before everything else he grew. A sativa. only about 4 viable seeds from what he gave me . still have quite a few originals. My friend did 2 tours, said they were crawling under the plants with seeds raining down on them. he grabbed some shipped them to his grandma and they stayed some years in the freezer. Should be landrace. Decent smoke but not as good as todays. if interested in trade and live around the Pacific NW portland oregon area Message me a PH# and I will call.

19 Likes

@oldhippy Welcome brother!

3 Likes

Thank you, found some good info.

4 Likes

Love seeing others who feel this way too. The vasodilation / heart rate increase / loss of control from some indicas is what gives me panic attacks. Sativas are all just smiles

4 Likes

@oldhippy Oh wow that sounds really neat. I’m out on the east coast in CT but I hope someone on here who’s near you takes you up on that!

4 Likes

holy mother sativa… do i need to search experts to help sprouth the Viets… I smoked it one time and as you see its all thats in my head. Mine as unforgettable. LOL

• i ill organize some tutorials if needed in sprouting old beans. i mean if im allowed. Plus i have other vietnamese incase you dont find males (male-count can be lo in Thai stuf) .

wait i Privatemessage you , omg

7 Likes