Landraces and heirloom

finished & dried

seeds in hand

smells amazing - nice, tasty sativa smoke

how about yours ?

4 Likes

I didnt have anything to smoke but I was able to get a bunch of seeds to try again.

3 Likes

I did not get that much to smoke either.

Very happy to have a NLD pure sativa that finishes early outdoors

20 Likes

DOH! I may have been stoned when I did that. :joy:

4 Likes

Those are really narrow leaves for an Afghan. Nice. Good thing you’re preserving it; it seems like something of an anomaly.

2 Likes

Wow just wow! Those have to be some of the most beautiful plants I’ve seen.
@Herrsquidward it is Peshawar Afghani sativa not an indica or hybrid. @upstate did the preservation run is in the fall co-op.

The first post will explain the plant. @upstate is one of the most knowledgeable people when it comes to his strains back ground check, research, and probably check again. It’s very detailed and as fact based as can be from what I can tell.

3 Likes

Two PCO starting to frost up.

23 Likes

28 degrees subtropical @Upstate. ,spring and summer here in Florida Bee Safe Yawl growers.
PEACE…
OVERGROW THE WORLD WITH LOVE ,carbon safe plz…

7 Likes

The last of the last, my Humboldt Sour Diesel. It’s totally seeded from my Humboldt Sour D Auto which was SUPPOSED to be fem, but turned out clouds of pollen. Had a few other crosses, Emerald Fire auto, Everyday Haze and a few others.
The babies on the porch

Ready for transplant

Big Humboldt Sour Diesel 9’ - 10’

The old girl shedding sun leaves and growing seeds.

I figure I’ll have a LOT of Humboldt Sour Diesel x Humboldt Sour Diesel Auto for some who may want some and i find a good place here on O.G. to spread 'em around. Stay tuned.

13 Likes

Is that HSC or HSO?

Some “old” pics of Afghani sativas, collected around Kabul in 2002/03…

33 Likes

@Willydread That’s Peshawar, no doubt. I have the twin of this one at home, and I mean twin. I’ll get a pic if I remember or if "@"tagged after work as a reminder.

If that photo is from 2002, it gives me hope that some old growers are still growing this one. If anyone can find it, it will be @LandraceWarden

13 Likes

It was collected near Kabul during a military mission in those years, from about twenty seeds I obtained 6 plants, all females, ranging from a pheno wld to a pheno nld…
The same person collected other seeds near Khunduz, but the few plants I saw are more wld, but not like the typical indicas of western seedbanks…

6 Likes

@Willydread Sure looks like Peshawar… Maybe somebody has been keeping that strain alive, by selecting against Broadleaf intrusions each year. It wouldn’t take much to pop a peshawar strain out of what you’ve got.
Were the seeds off of one plant or several plants?

5 Likes

More plants I assume, locals keep the seeds in jars or bags, but feral plants grow almost everywhere on the edges of roads and fields…
However I am no expert on Afghan and neighboring plants, that’s what I remember being told…
I’m looking for notes for perfumes/flavors…

5 Likes

"The effect is psychedelic, electric but not stimulating, you can do everything, but you are continuously in a trippy mode,subsequently it takes you to a relax phase, but always functional, never couchlock…
Aroma skunky, spicy, little bit of incense, hashish,burnt rubber… "
One plant was light, like hemp cbd.
According to my notes, the seeds were f3 (or p3), labeled Afghan, but on the same trip seeds were also taken in Herat, although these should be from Kabul.

9 Likes

That sounds like the right strain.

4 Likes

Sheberghan balk at about 8 weeks. Should be 8 to 10 im guessing seeds were from @Upstate .
Rock hard buds. Very sweet creamy smell. Super sticky

32 Likes

I so wish I could grow that where I live. Beautiful baseball bats. I hope she smokes good for you @Kasper0909

3 Likes

Humboldt Seed Company (HSC). Big difference from Humboldt Seed Organization. HSC is the real deal. I’ve popped a lot of their seeds and only one (if i remember right)wasn’t to my liking. and that’s because it felt a little “couch lockity” not my style.

6 Likes