Landraces and heirloom

PM is one of the long list of things we face in our northern climate. I think septoria is probably the worst thing in my area but PM is all over everything outside here now. The Viet would be covered with it now if I hadn’t enclosed it.

3 Likes

Nice Werk Guys , ahh Beautiful females indeed a group makes US feel like kings of green . Mean tobe green …thank for Sharing @lefthandseeds. Nice pics. All the goodness grateful to All info …

Just anothetoldfartfromthesevties thanks…

OverGrow The World Green…Peace ,love…hum…

4 Likes

I will do that!

1 Like

You know your weed is potent when a test bud that you dry in the microwave still gets you high.

2 Likes

This is too nice to do that to. LOL

In a paper lunch sack on top of the stereo receiver for a few days.

4 Likes

It helps to keep them separate.

2 Likes

It sure is. Air dried and uncured it has the same high…as microwaved…so it’s unnecessary. The high was so great. I didn’t take any chances for those two weeks and I nuked everything. Then I decided to harvest and thankfully the high remained the same… Ninety percent the same anyway.
Week 5-7 the high is magical. Week 8 it changes and by the end of the week the high remains the same til harvest up to week 13- 15. Afterwards the high degrades

3 Likes

@GregOG Turkish buds cleaned up look and smoke great.
I found 15% of the plants to be keepers, which might sound low, but it’s 50% more keepers than the 10% I normally see with unworked landraces.
There are surely cbd dominant plants, but I found a great mostly or almost all thc dominant lady( 1 so far) and 5 more that are mixed thc/cbd and well worth keeping, being most likely thc dominant. I’m still smoking them and hope to find another all/ mostly thc lady.
The smell is very minimal, but my keeper has a great flavor like @lefthandseeds Black and Blue Lebanese. Sour cedar. It’s just delicious! I hope the hash has some of this flavor.

The buds are from 2 different plants, one of which is the purple tipped keeper.
Thanks Greg!
I don’t know if I mentioned before, but these plants were finished two weeks before I picked them and they saw another half foot of rain in that time. All of the plants looked better at that time.
The ripening seeds were more important this time.
I really look forward to running another batch from Greg and adding in a few plants from my keepers too. Next year looks promising!

16 Likes

Beauty! Remind me what source that Turkish was from?

6 Likes

@lefthandseeds From @GregOG. You want some beans for sure. It will mix great with your Middle Eastern projects :+1:.
You’re not going to believe this, and I won’t believe it until it happens, but I met a guy that says he is going to send me over ten Turkish strains at the end of the month when harvest is over. Fingers crossed he comes thru! I’ve been chatting with him on and off for several years now. I just enjoyed talking Turkish cannabis with the guy and didn’t expect this, as he mentioned his fear of mailing any seeds long ago when we first met, and I dropped the topic til the other day when he told me about a high altitude Turkish Sativa he collected that gets 4 meters WIDE, and half the height, with tightly packed branches and " long, thin sausage" flowers.

At this point, I mentioned seeds again. :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:
I have a feeling he will have a seed company at some point. Secret source for now😁

27 Likes

That’s so cool. Turkey is definitely underrepresented in US cannabis. It would be really cool to see some more strains making it around.

I think I have 2 in my collection, and have only seen a couple more around.

7 Likes

Mann, I feel you. I got this going on with my Razavi

Can’t stop the spread, I’m trying to hold out for as long as I can since this became a backup/mini preservation with @drgreensleeves mia on his Razavi Repro. Wishing him all the best by the way, he hasn’t been on in awhile. I had brought in other plants (who are now also showing signs of infection) that I was flowering for smoke as well, sucks that I’m going to have to chop almost everything and start over.

Edit: lool, seems like a pic of my dog and some car I saw one night found their way into that upload. Can’t remove them since I added them simultaneously, so enjoy those bonus pics !

4 Likes

Man @District_Flora that sucks. At least the seeds look close. I was able to finish my seeds as well. You know that sulphur spray will kill that powdery mildew right? I’m going to make a gallon and dunk my select buds( selected to reveg) right under water, to get every speck…1 teaspoon/ gallon to start.
Good opportunity to pollinate if you wanted to. If my vb plant wasn’t so big I would slam it with Oaxaca pollen, Wait twenty four hours and then spray it with sulphur. At least I would get a seed run in…
Nice looking dog. Great breed.

4 Likes

How’d you like the Hoa Bac? I ran Hoa Bac from Reeferman and loved it. Very very unique terpene profile. Very hard to describe. Almost pissy but deeper. Outcrossed her to some Dolcè by Chimera and ran some outside in New Orleans 2 years ago. It was very warm winter and didn’t start her until like november. By March she was 7-8ft tall and handled humidity quite well. I defoliated a lot of the inner growth and topped her. She was in the corner of my garden so I also shaved the back corner of her. But she ended up being a huge hedge like 5’ wide. Buds were similar to mom but added some spicy sour berry from the Dolcè. A superb sativa.

6 Likes

@Swampthing Did she finish for you in march as well? That’s great you can grow outdoors in the winter during warm years. Hoa Bac is on my bucket list.
Loose buds or a bit tighter?

2 Likes

Original Haze, it went 24 weeks. Called the gold pheno.

40 Likes

they got a little resin on the smallest leaves closest to the calyxes, but not much. steve does have the “in” to those hidden plants for sure… probably more than most people right now… i hope he doesn’t end up killing his business being dumb.

3 Likes

Which original haze you workin’ with scotty?

3 Likes

Yea I want that kullu for this very reason. I’m a fan for sure of that one. I should have got those ones instead of laos Muang sing. I did a trade with khalifa genetics a few years back. I have tried to grow the laos but have no luck finishing any of them for different reasons

3 Likes

Looking at his ICMag posts (Dr.King) and what he was saying in the Colorado Sativas thread I imagine it’s Oldtimer’s or ACE Green Haze

1 Like