Landraces and heirloom

Wow, yea that doesn’t sound like Cannabiogen’s Durban at all. Mine were exactly as described… about 12-13 weeks, and buds were pretty wispy, very narrow leaf and typical sativa shape. I think they could have only selected 1 more generation since I got mine.

Did you buy direct from them or through a distributor? It sounds to me like you got the bait and switch. That sounds more like a Dutch Durban than Cannabiogen’s.

6 Likes

I dealt with Rafael I think. I’ll have to check, but I thought I dealt with cannabiogen. F4 generation. Yeah, its dutched. I’m not happy. And my back hurts too lol. Looks like rock hard Afghani nugs. I’ll get a picture.

4 Likes

The Triple Durban is THE SHIT front Lefty…

biggest Sativa spears I’ve ever grown, it literally grew itself, grower friendly fire for sure.

25 Likes

@Upstate I dunno, maybe I just got lucky but mine sound completely opposite from yours. Even the seedlings started with some of the narrowest first set leaves I’ve seen. The flop monster in the first pic is what I’ve been smoking. I had to tie it up just to keep it contained. The buds were very airy. Bottom was the Cannabiogen male I used for the one @Instg8ter is showing. I think mine were the F4s too, so holler at me. I can send you some F5s from those two plants or some Triple Durban like @Instg8ter is growing.

@Instg8ter man that girl is a beauty! Every time you show pics I keep looking them over. I sense that I will be needing to grow it soon… :joy:

15 Likes

If it looks nice, its because my phone adds resin. I would rather look at the pictures of my plants than my plants. Super solid, tight Afghani type nugs. Small resin glands, no Anise smell. Short and stout. Four females and they were all the same. I really think they dutched their Durban. They start out with the landrace, and they release it that way. A few years go by, and they release a Dutch version. And everybody says what a phenomenal job they have done with breeding. We are being deceived. It’s out crossed the first generation, and then in inbred towards the indica side. My opinion of course, but there is nothing anyone could say that would change my mind about that. I’ve grown Afghani for over 20 years. I know goddamn well what it looks like. This stuff has tighter nugs than my Afghani. And it gave the rest of my plants powdery mildew. Icing on the cake. He won’t be getting my business anymore. The picture is at day 60, and notice the stigmas had fallen out. It looked exactly like this at day 53. Resin glands cloudy.

9 Likes

Now you’re talkin my language! Some sativa goodness right there!

4 Likes

It doesn’t look like the same " landrace" anymore does it?

4 Likes

I’m telling you this girl checks all the boxes and for indoor grow she grows outdoor buds. I can see that canna in her leafs, buds are marble size with 12” deep hair starting to recede now. Coming up on 70 days and starting to darken up, she’s still getting extra p and k to see if she bulks up late. Hoping I get enough F2’s to send you back a dozen and pass some around.

9 Likes

I believe you instigator. I can see it with my own eyes. Left hand has done an excellent job, and he has done it with honesty. While it’s possible to change flowering time through careful breeding, it’s not possible to knock 6 weeks off in three generations. Not without introducing something different into the gene pool. I raised the flowering time of my own variety by a tad over 30 days. I don’t know how many generations I’ve made to be exact, but I would say somewhere between two and four days per generation is about what I have been able to achieve through selecting plants with the sativa type Buzz I enjoyed.

9 Likes

Yes, you are very lucky! Lucky to receive the landrace from them before they worked it. I can see through the illusion now clearly. Release the landrace and everyone sees that you have it. Probably a limited release so only a few people get it. . . And then cross that landrace, (while keeping the pure landrace of course) and select for the Indica side tight buds everyone seems to want(not me.) This is what you offer to the public from now on. The Dutch version, that everyone is sure is a pure landrace because, well look what it looked like at f1, it has to be… the classic bait-and-switch . People wonder why their crosses are not working out as well as cannabiogens when they do the same thing. Different genetics. The picture of the Durban plant before,(mine) showed almost to the bottom of the plant. 2 ft.
I’ve been watching here in this thread the pictures that @instaga8er keeps posting, of the very photogenic Triple Durban, and I’m thinking to myself, " I have nothing like that". the Triple Durban has much bigger leaves( I dont mean broad), big resin glands, the anise smell, sativa stretch and sativa looks. Mine has none of that.

6 Likes

Looks frosty as fck yaxu!
Gotta love :two_hearts: South American cultivars.
We had one 20 years ago called copper canyon from copper canyon Mexico. Was an awesome frosty super unique cultivar. Wish I still had it. Serious gems in that line extreme potency and flavor profiles.
-ctg-

5 Likes

Which one is this? Yaxu has some beautiful sativas! Thanks for changing the subject by the way. My apologies everyone. Here’s some pictures of Moroccan Beldia

Khalifa Geniitics. Smells like honey buns and sweethearts.

17 Likes

Afropips Malawi. Start of week 13.

15 Likes

Kullu

14 Likes

One of the only landrace genetics I’ve grown before were some Chocolate Thai (in about…) 2009 and they looked almost exactly like your Beldia. I planted outdoors either late May or right at the beginning of June and harvested in November. The plants were 10-12 ft tall and 8-10 ft in diameter. Monsters. I didn’t really know what I had at the time and of course I couldn’t move it at all lol.

5 Likes

Very Nice brother, I’ve been waiting to see that Beldia after my big male. Great work!!

3 Likes

Hello ctg, good to see you here, I think I sent seeds of this cross to Hawaii, to friend green. I hope in spring to grow the Hawaiian hybrid Molokai Frost that sent me bones. Regards.

4 Likes

What variety is it?

2 Likes

Honestly, your female looks like my male. It’s hard to say, but the leaves have a very similar appearance. Obviously, I can’t say for sure because it didn’t flower as a female. I don’t think they’re trying to pull anything shady. I think there’s just phenotype variation, and indica contamination in their original source. Durban lines are well known to be affected by modern hybrids. If they sourced it in the last 10 years, that’s probably the reason.

Yours is very different from the female I got though. I only grew out 1 female and 1 male to completion from my seeds. I think I bought mine in mid-2017(?). The “Triple Durban” uses the CBG male, and it looks substantially more sativa leaning than the female I used, which is what really confuses me. The female side of “Triple Durban” is half Dutch, and had very dense buds and apical dominance. But to me, the pics from @Instg8ter still have looser buds than yours… so maybe my theory about my male and your female being similar phenos isn’t correct. Who knows…

Anyway, I do have seeds from the CBG female I grew, and there should be more wild phenos like mine in there. Might be worth hunting a good cut and backcrossing to it a few times. Just let me know if you want any.

8 Likes

Which one? First pictures are Moroccan Beldia, almost finished with 2, and a couple more weeks on the crazy fluffy ones (2 more)
The Malawi is still throwing out fresh hairs, and is in week 13 tomorrow. Looking more and more like it could be the real Afropips. Old description says 105 days. 20 to go. I’m getting excited about it. My hopes have been dashed a few times this year already, and the way this thing started to Bud, I was a bit nervous.
Last picture is a lowland Himalayan landrace from Kullu, India. Supposed to be a psychedelic High, at only 9 to 13% THC. I was hoping it was a relative of Durban, because it can have an anise smell( mine don’t yet, but they are changing), and not many landraces have that. I made the cross, using a couple male Durban, to see what happens. There was no male Kullu unfortunately. It’s also at day 85 tomorrow. The plan is to call it Zulu Kullu lol. Flowers 16+ weeks.

7 Likes