Landraces of India

Sent you a DM buddy

2 Likes

Thanks for being responsible about thread hijacking

6 Likes

I was looking around for a grow log or info but I haven’t found much. Anyone here got any info on landraces from Karnataka or Tamil Nadu. I’m being offered some unreleased seeds from Indian Landrace Exchange to do a seed increase. Does anyone know what would work in a tent and has a shorter flower time?

4 Likes

LST or training will help to control growth patterns. The blue light of the spectrum will help control the stretch. Indian Landrace Exchange has several cultivars that stay under 6ft outdoors. Balochistan Elite, Afghan Selection #5 Daman Kandahar, and Kalimpong come to mind.

2 Likes

Just got a pack, they’ll get a go in the Spring.

5 Likes

Karnataka and Tamil Nadu will flower 18 + weeks in most cases, down to 14 weeks. Kerala is between these states. Expect sativa stretch and low nutrition requirements.

3 Likes

The Odisha are still going…I don’t know exactly when they started flowering, possibly end of Sept or early Oct. Either way they are 7 months old since germination.

The #2 looks and smells the most promising to me. Can’t quite find the right descriptor for it but it’s sorta lemon/lime tropical. The first thing that comes to mind is the smell of exotic flowers similar to some I’ve smelled in Hawaii but no idea what they were. Really nice.

Odisha #1

Odisha #2

@Kasper0909 I hit this one with some of your pollen. I see only a few seeds had formed so I hit again with the remaining pollen and hopefully we’ll get a few more.

28 Likes

Looks awesome! Looks like some seeds for sure, but I’ve noticed the calyx can be huge on them too. You really stuck with it with those girls. Those are long winders. :rofl: I was getting a rosemary pine smell with the male. So glad you put that pollen to good use and that it was viable. :boom::boom:

Those frosty seed pods look allot like the seeds I just plucked from the Odisha x Blue Sunshine female (I’m reveging from being outside) that I hit with that Odisha male pollen too

Smells like sweet fuel and oranges.

17 Likes

The pics are a little deceiving because there are only a couple seeds in there with the rest having really swollen calyxes which is nice of course.

This sounds like it could be a good combo then!

Your cross sounds like it will be interesting!

4 Likes

Hopefully we can get a smoke report eventually. I still have my pack in the fridge!

4 Likes

Should have that report ready to go sometime in 2024…I hope! :rofl:

4 Likes

Norris 1 gif

3 Likes

10 Likes

Deceiving buds on that #2. She looks thick from a distance. Same smell on miss pearly?

1 Like

Yes they both smell similar but #2 is much more aromatic.

1 Like

hey guys, has anyone here heard or smoked of a strain called mm hills? landrace from southern karnataka. mm hills has a powerful temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, and the region has incredible spiritual energy.

Consequently, the pure sativa grown there is the most majestic spiritual high ever.

7 Likes

A few days ago, a large envelope arrived in the mail that contained a true treasure for me. I came from India, the bro @Shiv9545 (ig indianseed97) sent them to me

He sent me 5 varieties of uttarkahnd. thank you very much brother. They are varieties that I longed to study, especially their effects. Thank you very much brother for giving me this opportunity to study these truly unique lines.

23 Likes

Hey, @mexcurandero420 Bengal was the producing hub for ganja and opium during British occupation and still maintains the purity of the strains, there are many landraces in India and cross pollination is common. Murshidabad on the banks of the Ganges produces the best.

4 Likes

Haven’t seen anything available from along the Ganges that I can think of. One or two from Bengal maybe…
@vinu58ster I’ve heard of Mysore Mango, but haven’t smoked it or seen it grown. Known to be energetic, and of course Mango flavor and smell.

1 Like

A very learned individdual, indeed. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes