Landraces of India

BHADRA from India is finding some tranquility again; early in week 12 of bloom, Come’on Gurl

21 Likes

Nice. This is one of the few documented Western grow journals for Bhadra. @Shiv9545 mentioned dark citrus mixed with ripen mango blended flavors in the harvested flowers. What types of smells are you getting during week 12? Did a stem rub yield any unique fragrances?

5 Likes

Thanks for these questions @RoryBorealis, I can answer them tonight, between the fights.

Bud-shots etc. ohmmm again lol

2 Likes

Are you watching UFC 296 or boxing?

2 Likes

Mans oldest sport; ufc
2 humans beating the sh*t out of each other, Goes way-back

3 Likes

Nice. Same here.

2 Likes

To the experienced…

If I was to return to a 12/12 lite-cycle, from 11/13; would it boost any Bud development or cause a growth spurt?

I’m in Week 12 of Flower, for 3x 18-20 week strains and I have to ask if it could be used as a boost in any way

2 Likes

Consider going in the other direction. Shortening the light cycle by 1 hour or half hour. Essentially, you are triggering the plants survival mechanisms, sounding nature’s alarm to wrap it up.

3 Likes

Wonderful News! I’ll be taking 30 min off Rory
Still Liking the idea / notion of boosting the exposure a touch.

Even knowing that Latitudes and genetic tendencies are going to dictate; more light, just Feels right hahaha

1 Like

I can’t say that I’ve tried it personally yet but I do recall TomHill talking about it below. Pretty good discussion in that Juciy Woo thread it you want to check it out.

2 Likes

I will check in with Shiv and find out where exactly Bhadra originates. I have found that the Manipur Burma and Uhkrul benefit from a 10.5 and even 9 hours of daylight.

3 Likes

Don’t increase light hours or the plant could make more leaves in the buds. I’d leave it where it is. Looks good!
I also read more light=more resin…but would leave light cycle where it is.
@RoryBorealis you’re the 2nd person that had good luck dropping the lights on cycle down to 10 hrs for a Manipur. @GMan or @Heritagefarms also did this for Manipur. I didn’t, and didn’t get full maturity out of my buds even to week 23 of flower. Calyxes never swelled. Maybe I need to run it again. Tastes amazing

3 Likes

Bhadra is from nashik, maharashtra state, west India, where Shiv is from.

3 Likes

I doubt that the Bhadra in Maharashtra actually grows any weed. A Google satellite image shows what that area looks like.

There’s a Bhadra wildlife sanctuary in Karnataka and I have a friend who does score from that area. Quite a risky terrain and tightly controlled by anti-poachers. I had distributed some of those beans here on OG.

5 Likes

The manipur burma I grew went a full 24 weeks but a large majority of that was a very slow transition into flower.

4 Likes

I got a question
With the long term sativa is it better to start them on 12-12 right from seed

Or better to veg for like 3 weeks before flip

I do decrease my light schedule as they go starting at 12\ 2 and ending at 10/14 by finish

3 Likes

Named after the town the weed was bought in, I believe. I think that’s generally always the case with much of the West Indian stuff from Shiv… There is no “bhadra” landrace I don’t think. Not saying it isn’t a landrace at all either, I just don’t know which one it is. Anything can come from just about anywhere in India, like here in the states. So it’s a dice roll growing these. Some of these West Indian seeds are from wild plants. Plants gone feral from a grow in the area some time before…and some weed is grown just about anywhere in India. I helped a friend choose a location in the middle of a city. It’s quite possible some clandestine growers do the same near Bhadrakhali Temple.
All we know for sure is that it’s a longflowering Sativa and that it will have local flair and most likely will be different and unique.

9 Likes

I like a short veg. Plants seem to develop more fully, even adding just 3 weeks. They get a lot bigger though if you don’t contain them. One thing you need to be careful of giving them an extra three weeks is that they don’t get root bound. You have to do frequent transplants to lessen the risk of hermie plants. If you see those leaves sag, like at the end of a long outdoor day in the sun,the taproot might be circling. Fabric is infinitely better than plastic if you choose not to transplant much or at all.

5 Likes

I plan on running them in my octopot sys so roots will end up in my reservoir with plenty of room
And easy to root prune if needed

Ty

3 Likes

Thats right @Papalag You do dwc grows. Then that info above is for soil or pro mix growers reading the post😉. Whatcha got going these days?

2 Likes