LEDSeedz Testing Grass Monkey F2 šŸ’

Transplant/Final Potting Update
The 4 monkeys I have left are all in their final 5gal fabrics. The roots werenā€™t as fantastic and to the outside of the pots as I would have hoped but they were deep into the bottomā€¦
Before:

After:

All watered after transplant with 1/2g MegaCrop at 4.5g/gallon with added calmag+ at 5ml/gallon
Then hit with the second neem spray and got the new potted soil as well as added precaution
Lonely malesā€¦ no ladies for them:

9 Likes

Ozone is deadly to all plants and most other living creatures. Itā€™s fine to inject in to a duct system but just having it float in the air is seriously dangerous.

7 Likes

I agree, if not properly monitored ozone is very hazardous. I run at 0.08ppm O3 (safe for human exposure for 8 hours) and does not seem to bother my other plants, however the monkeys are sensitive, I had it down to 0.04 ppm which is not enough O3 to cancel the smell of flowering plants.

I am going to be doing away with the ozone gen and build a carbon scrubber. I would like a safer and more accessible environment in the long run.

7 Likes

added a ā€œco2 canisterā€ to my tent with the monkeys to see how it does themā€¦ tube runs from the 1.5l bottle (1tbs active yeast,3/4c sugar, and half full of warm water) into the second bottle (half filled water, one tube all the way to the bottom and a separate tube half inch inserted to the other side) longer piece out of water runs up to fan which distributes lol

8 Likes

So this happened. I tied it up so it wouldnā€™t spit farther. Will be applying heavy amounts of LITFA.

GM#6

8 Likes

Ouch! Yes, intensive LITFA is required. I suspect it will be fine. :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

Will you shut down the CO2 at night. Not sure they like it so much with lights out.

2 Likes

The outermost layer is still green and in tact. Support the splintered sections well and expect heavy buds from a stressed plant.

2 Likes

Possiblyā€¦ no real way to shut it down being active bacteria, other than move it outside the tentā€¦ it doesnā€™t make a whole lot but they are starving for it amyway

2 Likes

If needed iā€™ll post pics to proveā€¦

All 6 of mine are females, some of their parts are very small but iā€™m starting to be able to recognize them earlier.

6 Likes

co2 will just build up overnight anyways, will have lots for them in the morning! @Roux didnā€™t you have a situation like this recently? you train hard :smiley:

3 Likes

I believe youā€¦ lucky lolā€¦ Iā€™m barely gonna have room with 4

4 Likes

Yep your right. Iā€™m all too familiar with stem breaksā€¦It happens but plants seem to recovery quite well. This is an example of my last major break and the recovery.

9 Likes

You got my girls and I got your boys. I got 2 girls and 4 boys.

4 Likes

At least you wonā€™t run out of room before stretch is even done lol.

Edit: Mine have taken up the whole canopy as if they were in a SCROG netā€¦ Iā€™m gonna have to defoliate again to ensure proper airflow.

6 Likes

Light Change Update
Last night, instead of 6 hours of dark they got 8ā€¦tonight they will get their first 12 hours of darkā€¦

They got a wicked pruning session yesterday and any leaf bigger than my hand got snippedā€¦ seems extreme but the secondaries were are light green and shriveled a bit from lack of light but starting to perk back up now and Bush out againā€¦changing numbers from 1, 2,4, and 6 to 1,2,3, and 4 lol

Hooked up two 60w led bulbs to give me a more natural lightā€¦ supplement my dark spots ya know

8 Likes

Like @toastyjakes I set my timer last night before the dark period.

Today when the lights come on it will have been their first 12hr dark period.

Mine need a good haircut again today, and I will decide which branches are getting culled.

From what Iā€™ve read I have up to the first 3 weeks in flower to take clones, so that should give me time to get a veg cab built.

Peace and love brothers and sisters!

5 Likes

You certainly can. Two things. First cutting on a plant in flower after two weeks is stressful to the plant and causes it to produce the hormone auxin. For those not in the know I wonā€™t go any further on that and will let others look up why that is not so good.

Second, anything cut later rather than sooner will take longer to revert back to veg and can add lots of time to get a plant growing straight again.

So while it can certainly be done, it is not optimal for either the mother nor cut.
:wink:

9 Likes

Yep yepā€¦ I need to start training the one today or tomorrowā€¦ just rotated them todayā€¦got their third neem spray after the haircut yesterday and we are on!! Lol

4 Likes

I took cuts off the lower two nodes of all of them and threw them in the cloner. @LED_Seedz, these donā€™t stretch much right? Iā€™m hoping they will veg for another week or so, they still arenā€™t alternating nodes yet.

I had an outbreak of fungus gnats in the new soil mix, so I added some nematodes to the sprayer and gave everything a light watering. I need to put a bit of EWC as my worm bin is crawling with the mite formerly known as Hypoapsis Miles (Stratiolaelaps scimitus).

9 Likes