The Spice must grow. Blessed be the Little Maker!

goddamn I grew this…lol. Man, I hope I dont kill it.

19 Likes

day 22 Flower. about 160w light. Defoliated a bit.

20 Likes

Day 25 F. 150W main light. removed the side panel, found 3 led burn spots.once this grow is over the closet will divide into 2 grow areas, veg on bottom half, flower to top half. 80W panel should be ok for flowering, worse case, I add a couple of strips.

it’s drinking about 0.5gal a day. did a mixture of leaf tucking and defoliation to get some light to the bud side. those things are looking very goooood…cant wait.

got a couple of 6" fans from walmart i’m gonna add to the box.

21 Likes

I’ve done this and it works well. Just be cautious not to overwater and drip on your veg lights. Ask me how I know… :joy:

12 Likes

@ReikoX, lol I can totally see myself doing it. But, I’ve been chatting with Sparkles a lot. I’ve the hint of a working plan that will hopefully bypass that possibility…and my next run is dark sparkles…:wink:.

5 Likes

f1.7… :heart_eyes:

16 Likes

day 32 (week 4) Flower, 150w light.

growing well, leaves getting a frost. A mix of defoliating, leaf tucking and flopping of the overachievers to controll the bud sites light exposure.

It’s been drinking steadily, about a gall/48hr. PH kept in thhe 5.8-6.2 range

My first plant is a mutant:

lol

21 Likes

Day 34F, 150w power, about 42k lumen measured on the bud sites.

I tried adding bleach to the tank because I was low on H2O2. my peroxide comes in tomorrow I’ll continue with it.

found HolyAngel’s thread that discussed pool shock in dwc and listed how to use bleach instead. I added 2.5ml of bleach to ~10gall on 4 days ago and 2.5ml yesterday. today I notice a watery/musky smell in my rez that I didnt have before when using peroxide.

ph/EC has remained steady in the 6-6.1 range. EC in the 1.4-1.5, ec drifting vaguely downwards

it’s sticky, when I tuck leaves, my fingers get sticky, this bright resinous smell. like a lemon/young lavender or wild oregano far away smell.

13 Likes

Day 38F, 150w power.

Last few days EC/PPM?PH have been increasing while water level dropped. plant not eating. Adjusted the rez with 1 gal RO water. Levels this morning are down from last night. Current :

EC: 1.35, PPM 900, PH 5.9

couldn’t resist a couple of bud shots. I’m getting cautiously optimistic.

19 Likes

Day 41? 150W 3500K, + 24W 66nm red.

addded a little red panel last night, maybe I’ll put some speakers and blast some old OLD school Bach on it loool.

EC: 1.25, PPM 850, PH 5.9

4 Likes

Great bud shots!

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Day 42 / Week 6 Flower. 150w main plus 24w far red

New rez with H2O2…ill ad a little calmag tomorrow night.

Current values:

Ec 1. 55 in rez , Ph 5.8 in rez, ppm 1050 in rez.

17 Likes

Day 45 / Week 6 Flower. 150w main plus 24w far red

Buds visibly denser, frostiest and larger. @TrevorLahey calls it a commercial plant, lol.

Added one gall RO water yesterday night. Raised temp to24.5c direct. It’s been drinking overnight.

Current values:

Ec 1.42 , Ph 5.9. ppm 960 in rez.

16 Likes

Looks perfect, the space is filled so nicely. Probably a good thing that one was a male haha

5 Likes

oh man, is it ever. I cant express how happy I am. Got some Dark Sparks autos lined up to go next. the closet will be rebuilt for them!

4 Likes

Nice you’ll love those the flavor is one of a kind. Will you dwc those as well?

2 Likes

thought about it but I’m a little scared to. the 10 gall I use is very unwieldy.

I’ll be copying @Mr.Sparkle setup but changing it enough so it’s not too obvious. Just purchased 50L of canna coco and 6" pots yesterday. I have the water pumps, need to sort out the reservoir and cycle timers. most likely sonoff.

tell you what though. this thing has kept me sane this year. …well, sane-ish. lol

3 Likes

Lol that’s funny because my grow has driven me crazy! Seeing how well you do with dwc coco will be a total breeze for you. Just make sure to use some supplemental calcium and magnesium as coco sucks them up.

3 Likes

yea, I say sane but probably be more like pay so much attention to it i do no pay attention to the news…so basically same. i deal with few people at work, found myself spending too much time reading one outrageous news after another. This plant alleviated all that. the water rez is complicated to keep in balance but I enjoy doing it. and for what I didnt know, (HA!) I found you fine people to help me. shit like this restores a modicum of faith in humanity, man.

re: autos in coco. I know nothing of the requirements yet so I appreciate your point. I have a bottle of cal-mag. my pots are gallon size. I also purchased the Recharge powder, I need to read how to use.

I’ll be feeding it megacrop and bug explosion. I used canna aqua but it is insanely expensive. no more of that. MC reads amazing.

I look forward to seeing what the strain does. once I have the rotation going, it’ll be helping a lot of people.

3 Likes

Nice. If you think the plants help you now wait until you start smoking em lol

I’m on mega crop too and have finally found a blend that works for me.1.25 grams of MC, .5grams Epsom salt and .5ml of calimagic per liter has been rock solid for veg and early flowering. Late flowering is still a pita for me.

1 Like