3 Likes

Thanks man

1 Like

So chunky! what a great plant!

2 Likes

Punch cake. Eleven 8

almost 9 weeks. They where tired. I dropped them in June

3 Likes

Past dealings with WTC were seamless. DM sent.

3 Likes

Hemp, would you like to trade a punch cake? I only need one.
Thanks
BSR

1 Like

I think I only got one left. I dropped another one last night. Chitownseeds.com

1 Like

That’s where I got them.

1 Like

DCseeds.com Has a great deal right now

I think you get what I’m trying to say welcome and I think maybe I said hello earlier. If you need a few beans I got some other kinds also. Chitown is where I got those from. @Black-Sands-Ranch Hit me up I’ll send you a few beans. @WeTokeChronic i want some. I hit you up @ReikoX @Mr.Sparkle @SamwellBB I’m looking. No autos

1 Like

Thanks Hemp!
Right now I am not in the market to purchase Elev8. I would trade for some and have a few good breeders to offer. I have:

• Mind Flayer- Solfire
    -Red Runtz - Exotic
    -French Macaron - THseeds

These are fems and I would like to get fems in return.
Thanks again.
BSR

Good Morning Stoners!

I am so excited. I just got a text saying my package is out for delivery. I ordered Cherry Gar-see-ya (Ethos) last Monday from North Atlantic Seed Company. I can’t wait to get them going. I will post about the freebies when the package arrives. I made the decision to not keep mothers last year and go with feminized seed, I have learned to make feminized seeds and will be making a bunch of Cherry Gar-see-ya seeds on their run. Right now I have 3 more strains heading to the flower room and will be making some fems. Going in next week will be:
-Why U Gelly - Solfire
-Lemon Jeffery - Irie
-Orangasim - Irie

I always make too many seeds and will have some to share with the good people of Overgrow. If you ever want any feminized seeds made all it requires is one fem seed to start with. If you have any great strains that you want to have seeds for let me know and I can run them for you (I will keep some for my collection) It is only a bit more work because I will be making fem seeds for me anyway.
Cheers and have a great day!
BSR

4 Likes

How are you planning to make fem seeds? Are you thinking of doing a filial cross to make F2s (ex. Cherry Gar-See-Ya #1 x Cherry Gar-See-Ya #4), or a clone reversed self- pollination to make S1s (Cherry Gar-See-Ya #1 x Cherry Gar-See-Ya #1).

Hey Joe…
I could do it two ways. Two seeds, reverse one to pollinate the other or one seed, take clone, reverse the clone and pollinate mother. I am not sure which is the best way but I usually go clone and mother method. Either way will be a S1 (I think)
Cheers
BSR

1 Like

I guess if I used two seeds then it would be a F2.
BSR

1 Like

The two-seed thing would be a filial cross; two F1 siblings crossed to make F2s. The clone reverse pollination would be the equivalent of self pollinating, which would produce S1s.

1 Like

Thanks for clearing that up, I was not sure. Would there be an advantage to F2s over S1s?
Thanks
BSR

An S1 is kind of an F2 anyways. With true F1 hybrids where the parents are from inbred lines, the F1 is very consistent and the F2 shows a great deal of variation. With these, I don’t know, because the parent strains are F1s themselves, and you would have to go back several generations to find an inbred line.

In general breeders don’t usually continue to self-pollinate again and again due to the expression of recessive negative traits, but it’s a fine enough way to create an inbred line to outcross. It’s just that successively selfed generations may not merit growing on their own. Filial crosses are a pretty well-accepted way of stabilizing a line, and continuously selecting siblings to mate is how most breeders who actually choose to release consistent seed.

If you’re only going one generation deep and you’re not doing a ton of selection by running many different seeds, it probably doesn’t matter a ton whether you’re mating two plants from different seeds or reversing a clone to generate S1s. If you plan on keeping the line going, I would do sibling mating. You can then either cross the F2s with each other, or take the pollen from the parent strain and cross it with the F2 to create Bx1s, which is one of the more accepted ways of increasing trait frequency.

Ex.

Cherry Gar-See-Ya F2 = (Cherry Gar-See-Ya F1 #1 x Cherry Gar-See-Ya F1 #2)
Cherry Gar-See-Ya Bx1 = (Cherry Gar-See-Ya F2 x Cherry Gar-See-Ya F1 #1)
Cherry Gar-See-Ya Bx2 = (Cherry Gar-See-Ya Bx1 x Cherry Gar-See-Ya F1 #1)

Just keep in mind that the F2/S1 generation is likely to show a ton of variation; these lines have not been stabilized.

3 Likes

Thanks for the information. My plan is to keep about 20 of everything. I think I will only have to make the one generation to last the rest of my growing days, lol. I really am trying to avoid variation as I am keeping them because I like the original.
BSR

2 Likes

Hello
Oh boy the new beans got here today! Ethos Cherry Gar-see-ya R1 (I have no idea what a R1 is but I bet I know by the end of the day,) lol. As freebies there were:
White Widow - unknown breeder fem
Cream Carmel - unknown breeder fem
Thug Roze - Ethos pre-release 5 regulars - Roze Zkittlez x Lilac Diesel
Now I have more projects for this winter.

Cheers
BSR

6 Likes