Looking to trade with others!

Hey y’all, I have some seeds that I’ve been hunting for a bit now. Some are still available for purchase at sites, but I thought I’d ask anyways, I have some Queen’s Banner S1 seeds that I made (Queens Banner from Night Owl), and was wondering if anyone would like to trade for some genetics they have on hand. The strains I’m looking for are:
Tropicana cherry by relentless genetics
Frozen bag by Robin Hood seeds
Sin city seeds brand strains
Jelly breath s1 by in house genetics
FX3 by solfire (I know it just came out but some people received testers)
If possible I’d love to trade, thanks in advance!

7 Likes

I have a discord for trading clones and seeds if you’d like a invite. I don’t have any of those strains but someone in the discord might if your interested in an invite

6 Likes

You’d likely get better results posting this here:

:wink:

6 Likes

You’re on a roll this week!

3 Likes

Lol, just giving Doug a break. :rofl:

6 Likes

I always see people directed to that thread when they want to trade myself included but it doesn’t make sense to me. Everything is lost almost instantly and scrolling to find who has what is a night mare.

4 Likes

@PsillyRabbit I absolutely second this! Same thing with the free clones thread. It’s just so popular it’s hard to find what you need and where someone replied unless they specifically tag you

1 Like

Have you grown them out and posted photos here on OG? Having recently ran 15 seeds from OGers and 15 seeds from breeders—trades for breeder packs need to come with evidence. 12/15 seeds popped from OG were culled before flower, 2 were on the breeder side. Some OG breeder skills are weaker, while others are exceptional. Do you have any evidence of where your breeding work sits on that continuum?

4 Likes

So what you are saying is that instead of YOU having to scroll through a thread that was made specifically for trading, EVERYONE should have to scroll through a ton of “I want to trade” threads made by each person that wants to trade things because they didn’t post in the actual trade threads?That doesn’t seem very fair to me 🤷🏻

I’m still new here and don’t know 100% how things work, but if there is a thread specifically for trading already made, I wouldn’t think I’m special enough to deserve a personal thread for it. Also, you can go to the trade thread and use the search icon to search for what you’re looking for (searching only in the selected thread) @PsillyRabbit , so nothing really gets “lost” and it is in fact a forum, so “having to scroll” is just kind of how it works!

8 Likes

I am new here too.
There is a whole forum devoted to trading. Hence " the trading post"
Not just A thread.How can one search for things they dont know they want? It would surely be terrible to wade through threads labeled with clearly listed trade items.
Imagine ebay was set up in one thread you had to scroll up in reverse to ee if there was something compatible wiuth you.

1 Like

The seed trading thread and people wanting to start their own thread looking to trade seeds are 2 seperate entities… yes they are located in the same place “trading post”, no, users do not have to post trades or wanna be trades in there, there is no rule about that.

Also not a thing.

7 Likes

I think a lot of it could be solved with @ tags and people being more clear. With the community being so laid back we just need a bit more positive enforcement to help make the change so things can be more organized. I do believe the biggest issue at hand is the lack of time people have when posting things to take this into account

2 Likes

This is clearly not an OG rule. But I won’t trade any more breeder packs (what is being asked above) for people’s pollen chucking. If someone has worked on a line, they should be able to show how it grows. Otherwise, they’ve pollen chucked and are asking you to risk your time and garden on their seeds. I poorly traded here on OG by not asking for the same, and I’ve seen the result of such poor breeding work. Here is one of the latest Motorbreath 15 S1s at 30 days I grew.

2 Likes

Yes, people tend to skip right past Seed Trading Moderated. Then just post their own. But, if you are actually looking…that place is your best bet!
Yeah, you might have to post multiple times before getting results, but hey…you can’t expect immediate results.
There’s been so many threads like this one recently, that it just floods this forums page. Then everything gets lost.
I think most people would be doing themselves a favor by utilizing the search feature first.
Just my two cents! :call_me_hand:t3:

2 Likes

Let’s just agree to disagree I think bumping that thread with my own request is rude.
Bumping my own thread once a month makes less clutter and is the only thing that has yielded me a result.

Umm…pretty sure that’s exactly what it is for. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
But hey, to each their own. :+1:t3:

2 Likes

ok we dont have to agree to disagree

I do find trade titles helpful, but not sure how to include them - yours for instance could have the Queen’s Banner S1, but I think you’d overflow the title field with the rest.

For me, the trades thread is awkward but congenial. Separate threads are only bothersome if they become a large number, and I’m sure that depends quite a bit on how you use the interface. I’m mostly on my phone, so “all new activity in one list” is what I mostly use.

For me, the biggest answer is that a Discourse forum just isn’t an ideal place for serious trading. You’re right, eBay was made for listing things, and even has seller reviews built in. My understanding is this place was made primarily for hanging out with, learning from, and sharing seeds with friends in a laid-back way.

Here is what the “About” says:
Marijuana growing @ Overgrow - FREE marijuana pictures, photos, articles, tips, and advice on Cannabis Cultivation. Overgrow.com fights for legalization by teaching you to grow your own weed!

4 Likes

Hey there, sorry but I had just earned member status so I can reply, that would be awesome, thank you!

2 Likes