Loompas Headband clone only

what’s the smells like on that girl, she looks a lot like a og pheno I have growing atm :grin:

4 Likes

I listened to a Matt riot podcast from a few years ago, someone asked his favorite headband and he instantly said the 56 day. It’s just strange to me that no seeds have it designated and I’ve never seen a cut for sale either. That’s what made me wonder if it was loompas. I’ve also heard several times that the loompa is a renamed og cut that loompa only sold and didn’t create

5 Likes

Yeah they had a few recent episodes from this summer where they talk about all the headbands they can think of. I forgot what they said about most of that one

6 Likes

I find it interesting how much loompa headband looks like what I was given as 92og , I was always under the impression the headband was half sour diesal and half og kush , did loompa say it was a pure og cut at some point ?

6 Likes

If you believe Matt and notso they say it’s a renamed og with some troubled history behind it, so the name was changed

5 Likes

If there is a certain episode where they discuss it I’d be happy to listen , I don’t have the negative opinion about them that some do but I also don’t take everything they say as fact as I’ve seen some people doing.

4 Likes

Do some people think ill of Notsodog? Matt Riot obviously has his detractors but on the podcast Notso seems the chill voice of reason.

2 Likes

Direct quote " I just know that it is among some of the finest herb I have ever run into. It was acquired many many years ago, long before I even knew what OG was and when I got it, I didnt even know it was an OG. I just knew that despite all the naysayers, what I had was super dank. So I developed the attitude that, it doesnt really matter at all what I think where it came from…its the dankest cut I have seen and I left online and started to focus on the LoompaFarms collective and providing exceptional medicine to clubs mostly in the So. Cal are, but we do also have clubs in the Bay area."
Primary source of whole conversation

Hapi

4 Likes

Ok so nobody will ever know for sure what it is.
Based on the time line and his ties to the Bay Area I would assume it to be the og sour diesal cross that came out of the sour d crew but loompas says it came from New York …It could also just be the original og renamed, the og was given to the sour crew they were asked to rename it so it became headband but was almost immediately crossed to sour diesal and that’s what was grown by most people as headband.
People started saying online there was another older headband from NorCal but again that is something that can not be verified. If it’s from New York it could be some relation to the diesal and chem lines we will probably never know.
He describes it as having hints of lemon and the original og kush did not have lemon or pine terps so I’m going with what he has and calls loompas headband is the sour diesal kush cross.

7 Likes

Sweet earthy OG dankness. I’m not getting any lemon, fruit or anise at this moment. Really looking forward to smoking it.

I’m most familiar with SFV OG and my crew ran a 8wk headband for years cause it was quicker but could pass for SD in the market. It is definitely different than both of those.

10 Likes

Never heard of anyone speak ill of Notso dog. I like his vibes from podcast and such. Never met him in person.

3 Likes

Looks great what ever she may be, might have to hit loompa up for a cut, hard to tell from pictures but that has a master kush /ogkush look going on for sure.
Not knowing what something is when it’s fire can drive a person mad lol
I have a kush plant that smells like dog/baby poo when flowering but smells and tastes like sweet musky kush when finished, yields better then any other kush cut I’ve grown, is considerably more potent and I’m not 100 percent sure what she is. She is supposed to be the original og kush sourced around 2000-2002 in SoCal and then it migrated to Colorado and then to me.
I’m currently losing my mind trying to find the real deal SoCal master kush but I think it’s gone or locked up in somebodies room who won’t share.

6 Likes

Nothing bad about him specifically I just know some who don’t agree with many of the theories they speak as fact. I’ve heard people express that they feel some of the stories and podcasts are structured to benefit there narrative , I don’t recall ever speaking to notso myself but I have spoke to Matt and he was rather polite even when discussing things we don’t agree on which is not something I can say for many.

9 Likes

This is a pic loompa posted of his cut on another forum and in this picture it looks like ghost og , the picture you shared has a much more crusty silver look but could be the grow method, is that a verified loompas headband ?

11 Likes

I got my cut from PNWStrainhunter on strainly, so I’m not confident it is for sure Loompas.
Mine is outside, not getting fertilizer and getting shaded by my house✌️

4 Likes

Strain hunter sighting in the wild!

2 Likes

Mine is straight from Loompa and, like @ElMasSabroso, I have not noticed any lemon… Just pure OG goodness so far. But I grow hydro and still have a little over 5 weeks of flowering, whereas ElMasSabroso looks to have grown a huge plant outdoors in hot soil and looks pretty much ready to harvest that beauty :heart_eyes: I would trust PNW’s cut to be authentic Loompa.

4 Likes

I like how a bunch of these companies talk about conservation of genetics but sell 200$ packs of seeds and no cuts. This “cut” doesn’t seem any more available then when it started. Don’t piss on my head and tell me it’s raining.

Looks like killer weed though.

I think Loompa does sell this cut directly.

3 Likes

Link? That would be awesome