Loud (road-kill) skunk project 2024

Spring seems on an early tear in the pnw

Had a chance to prep the beds today. Was 18 C I the shade today but felt like 30C up on the mountain side in the sun slaving away

Some new fish compost and wood ash. Going to be an epic project this year.

A small sneak peak:

• Old vancouver Island skunk
  • old cali skunk
  • old bc skunk
  • old Mexican skunk (poss LR)
  • Yucatan landrace
  • limon verde landrace
  • pure colombian (peru) landrace
  • guererro landrace
  • pre soviet kabul
  • Santa marta gold
  • colombian black

Just to name a few I’ve narrow it down to. Praying for a pure blood Peruvian male donor

Will also be adding light dep this year. Shooting for a Sept harvest

Getting ahead of the game so will be a slow start right now

May the fours be with you

27 Likes

Sick lineup! I’m doing a bit of light deprivation this season too. I’m just going to keep the pool cover handy. What do you have planned to support the tarps?

1 Like

Sweet list!!! :100::dart:

2 Likes

Thanks dude! :blush:

I generally put elite bc clone only in this skinny row.

If you look at the tier above left I have a cattle panel greenhouse for the long flowering sativas

But I am looking into light dep for this row too. Maybe just some posts with airplane cable to make more of a teepee style cover. :thinking: time will tell

2 Likes

If you want RKS then try something with artifact 1 like DLA16. It is in there as I experienced it a few months ago but it does not stay. You can definitely isolate it with enough seeds. I only am growing two and found it. Imagine 100+ seeds. Half of those strains you posted have not been described as RKS. Santa Marta is supposed to have parented Skunk #1 - Skunk #1 is not RKS. That’s a lot of work to not even get an RKS smell. IMO I would go Afghan or central Asian. The complexity of some of these old afghan genetics is astounding to say the least. The kind of recombination needed to form adequate road kill skunk representation.

8 Likes

Best of luck to you. Which parent do you think is the skunkiest?

3 Likes

There’s my old rks thread here from 2023 and colombian gold Peru

2 great data mines if you want to buzz thru them.

I can’t say if you have grown much lumbo or Mexicans which some are related…but I can assure there are phenos in unworked populations that radiate Lime and skunk. Perfect for my presoviet kabuls

I also agree that for pungent stank you must have presoviet afghanis which I have note then a few

2 Likes

Lime and skunk are not RKS. Skunk is not RKS. astringent sour skunk is not RKS. It is literally dead animal funk with skunk spray. It is very fresh in my memory since I was surrounded by it about 3 months ago.

3 Likes

Very ambitious project best of luck with all. I am just going in outside with the legal limit for the first time outside at my house this season and have not decided whether or not to grow for seeds or sinsemilla. :+1::facepunch::wink::ok_hand::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

2 Likes

At this point I think the big bud rks clone (donkey dick) was 50% pre soviet kabul and either 50% Mexican and or colombian.

The 90s were the hieght of skunk weed. We got 4 main phenos. But if you didn’t have skunk it wouldn’t sell.

Remember…if you lived in canada and smoked brick it was called Mexican Thai. For whatever reason.

1 Like

Had a delicious leaf rub of some skunk cabbage today lol

Anyone want to know what rks smelled like…have at er

2 Likes

Nice seed collection to search for some :skunk:

However I personally feel a lot of that skunk mojo came from Afghan genetics mixed with the Columbian Gold…

Good luck of your search! :slight_smile:

Alaskagrown

P.S. I know a lot of folks that have went deep down this rabbit hole spending a fortune on genetics and years of time and never did find what they were looking for…fingers crossed for you and your quest.

4 Likes

Hey uncle @Alaskagrown :wave:

Many of the original/oldtime bld x nld gave rise to a wacky bud structure, not exactly foxtail, just… strange grape :grapes: style buds

When stars align tho… something great happens…

With the skunk seedline I know… some lean to old school ghani… others to… Mexican… Hawaiian “stretch indica” mix

Fully seeded she don’t look like much haha

In veg she had plate bld leaves but after flip would shoot up and sideways…

The yellow gold pheno was something :wink:

![20230923_154514|375x500]9(upload://4PXm7nYgBCnqVh4ZpjXDbFQO4qO.jpeg)

There’s a strong possibility that I, in this moment, am drunker than a polish soldier :joy:

Also… for no spam… keep working medman :ok_hand:

6 Likes

Well that’s interesting data. The company that bought my sour skunk was under the impression people would pay money for it. Dammit, misled by medical Marijuana forum data again. Now it looks like no one actually likes skunk, or medicinally useful Marijuana, they just like arguing their invalid points? Looks like patenting is the way to go since only brand names and pedigree matter, not quality.

I’ve got a bunch of low tide/corpsy skunk seeds didn’t know anyone wanted the derivative stuff.

3 Likes

Cannabis is polymorphic. How have you internet guys not noticed you cross blueberry with checkerberry and end up with garlic, not berry.

Skunk is the most simple Cannabis there is. The most simple terpenoid.

1 Like

Good Luck heading into all the Fresh challenges of 2024.
I’m stoked to see the Light-Dep approach, OUTDOORS.

Go get’m @blendmedmedman, I’ve
Got a chair pulled-up already!

• nice call on the peruvian
2 Likes

Purple caper done a skunk project last year that was featured in high times. In my current grow log I plan on growing out the alpha RKill skunk spray & rotting carcasse to see if it’s the real deal.

If anyone is interested I’ll be updating my grow log later today.

3 Likes

Amazing line up my friend

Best wishes

Paps

2 Likes

The nose always knows amigo!

And patents are only as good as your ability to defend them…

Skunk is a passion, obsession, nostalgic mission ive been on 3 decades. I’ve already managed to make a real loud skunk #1 I released circa 2015.

I’m actually happy enough growing and smoking the real loud skunk remix once I get there this year or next year. Just as I am happy sharing the project.

If you put your heart into something the cash flows freely. And is just frills a bonus at the end of the day

Thanks for tuning in amigo. It’s just alot of fun growing legendary old school landraces at this stage of my career

4 Likes

I guess a bunch of us are just going about it all wrong…

“Skunk is the most simple Cannabis there is. The most simple terpenoid.”

If this were true you would be seeing Skunk/RKS strains everywhere but in reality we do not. I personally haven’t seen anything even close in around 30+ years…but I’m hopeful one of these days to have it return. Cautiously optimistic

Alaskagrown

6 Likes