MACRO Growing with HappyHemper

OMG!! That is awesome!

3 Likes

Iā€™m quite impressed! I can see why it is ā€œblackā€ - the purple is far out deep

By far the best of the 6 varieties I had outdoors this year. Shitty September has really exposed the genetic predispositionsā€¦

1. Shishkaberry - lots of mold, not enough time
  2. Cuvee - lots of mold, not enough time
  3. Peanut Butter Breath - Some mold, almost ready
  4. Cheesequake - Some mold, ready
  5. Hashplant - lots of mold, ready
  6. Back Goji Dawg - barely any mold, ready and awesome

From my friendā€™s garden:
7. Atomic Haze - Significant mold, ready
8. Super Lemon Haze - some mold, not enough time
9. Seawarp (texada timewarp x seaweed) - barely any mold, not ready, significant dieback with cold snap

Next year iā€™m gonna run all Balck Goji Dawg for outdoor photos

Cheers,

8 Likes

So what I can take from this is only sativas or mostly worked sativa and landraces are the only thing that will withstand the mold?

3 Likes

@ModicumGenes; in my area it seems so. We really tried to plant lots of different ones and this is the result.

Granted our September was really wet and on the cold side, but that is not atypical - last few years we have been spoiled here on the west coast.

So yah, seems that longer internodal spacing between the flower clusters helps. Thinner leaves help. Higher resin production helps. Longer petioles helped.

Oddly the ones that did best for mold in this wetness are also the ones with the weakest stems and required most support.

Plants rootbound at flip did marginally worse than those that were not, even within same genetics (all were clones), probably because of the tighter structure and closer spacing of leaf nodes within the buds.

Lots of lessons learned. Definitely fast-flowering, stretchy, sativa-derived hybrids are key. The stickier, the better.

8 Likes