MadScientist's 3rd Annual 16oz Cup Competition šŸ

Havenā€™t been on much between work, kids and dealing with my uncles funeral today itā€™s been hectic, but Iā€™ll get pics up of the girls in the am.

6 Likes

At first I thought you ment yourself, not the threadā€¦ But then checked and your at 492 in 41 daysā€¦ :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue:

Its noted :wink:

1st time running it :wink: I hear some say it grows like an Indica and smokes like a Sativa with others saying its mostly Indicaā€¦guess there are 2 phenotypes

3 Likes

Yeah I meant in the thread. Long night unfortunately. Iā€™m ready to get these ā€œ?ā€ plants out, and something good in? Whatā€™s your favorite amongst your strains? I just like to pick peopleā€™s brains? I always appreciate your time bro thank you.

@MomOnTheRun thanks for sharing your tips. Iā€™m compiling a small bit of info, so Iā€™m just getting around to composting and soil prep. For the other plants in the yard too. :blush:

1 Like

What plants you getting out?

Well these cold Colorado days and evenings just arenā€™t cutting the mustard recently , everything looks good roots are getting well developed with 45 degree nights still and 50-60 degree days are just way to cold so today there going in the heat mat with Chinese light to see if we can get something popping here !

they are on their 4th node and spacing is pretty darn tight so Iā€™m happy with that! Might try experimenting with an impromptu all organic fertilizer spike but for now bottom heat is what i think they need most.

9 Likes

Just looked at the map on radar appears to be snowing in the mountains itā€™s like WTF ! Heard trail ridge road up on the pass was temporarily closed this weekend for snow plows to work the roads .

2 Likes

Honestly just mix them and pick the nice growing ones, all the ones you got are very similar

1 Like

Which part of the state are you in? Iā€™m outside of Trinidad, and itā€™s the same pattern. After tonight its supposed to start warming more serious it looks likeā€¦ but Iā€™ve said that beforeā€¦ nothing wants to grow down here. Everything is on slow mo.

3 Likes

Just north of fort Collins nestled pretty close to the foothills

2 Likes

Iv just started putting in the remainder of my peppers and tomatoes snow peas and garden snaps are only about 3 feet tall and no flowers yet iv never seen temps this cold into late June like this been here for 11 years now the moisture is nice that weā€™ve been getting but damn it needs to start warming up!

3 Likes

Update

Left behind or what!

I had just installed the A/C in my grow room and transplanted late. And I think they suffered stasis cos of the cold.

Iā€™m going to finish yes. But wonā€™t come close to winning.

Cheers people!

Sci :robot:

13 Likes

Im not saying anything. Your plants are cranking up. You have skill where others lack. The roots are reaching out of the bottom of my cup. Iā€™m gonna push em back in if I can. Lookin nice and healthy. Later bro.
-J

4 Likes

A quick update. I have tipped mine, not sure if that was the smart thing to do or not but itā€™s got a bit of growth on so I thought wtf.

Roots, at the bottom of the cup, so they should start to ball up now.

Getting there!

17 Likes

I figured you were north with those daytime temps. Youā€™re almost in another growing zone from me. lolā€¦ Iā€™m in the foothills so Iā€™m around 6400ā€™. I havenā€™t planted any vegetables. I have some tomato plants but havenā€™t even put them in yet. Iā€™m hoping for a long Indian summer.

I lived in Montana for 12 years and youā€™re closer to that type of weather than I am. But, itā€™s been very cool and rainy for here. My pot plants did better when I finally brought them in yesterday and put on the sunny back porch. Itā€™s too cool at night, and then the sun is nuclear in the day, and for us, the wind has been blowing relentlessly all spring.

The ones I left in the same spot are just some sad looking plants. I moved all of the females to shady spots or inside and they all responded by perking up and praying. I havenā€™t seen their leaves stand up yet. Something just feels weird about it all. Even the rose bushes got fried on all the new growth tipsā€¦ theyā€™ve been there forever! peace

4 Likes

One more week till the flip, should be some good times ahead!

17 Likes

Hell @MadScientist Iā€™ll send ya some cold wind from CO free of charge ! Thought I was going to have to kick the heater on to the house this weekend

8 Likes

Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ll be going into the 2nd phase. lol Iā€™m not sure my plants will be ready by fallā€¦:wind_blowing_face:

4 Likes

:metal: I love it dude. Been waiting for your update. Thanks. I hope you win. Those buds are gonna be so tight. Roots at starting to come out of holes on my cup. What can (should) I do thatā€™s legal? Shave the roots off?
-J

3 Likes

So cleean. I love your work. Have a good one.

3 Likes