MadScientist's 3rd Annual 16oz Cup Competition šŸ

Yeh just poke em back in or chop em off.

8 Likes

Cheers bro, hopefully I fluked a good pheno, itā€™s reasonably stable now so fingers crossed ! It should flower looking pretty chunky if it grows to type, and be fast getting there as well but who ever knows? I had forgotten how much of a pain in the ass it is to keep the PH in the sweet spot in a small container though so depending on how stoned/lazy I get it all could go horribly wrong real fast. :laughing:

4 Likes

So Iā€™m kinda confused on when we are suppose to flip to 12/12?

There you go, rule #2

5 Likes

I would bow out if I could clone that Iā€™m not gonna lie. Thatā€™s a special strain. I donā€™t blame you one bit. Thereā€™s no need to wipe the floor with us :joy:. *Mental warfare tactics so sheā€™ll leave us aloneā€¦ lol jk momma. Make sure you keep a log of her I canā€™t wait to see some flower n smoke report pz. Later.
-J

1 Like

Hey @Tinytuttle is that one leaf in that bottom pic? It looks huge like an overlay, but it doesnā€™t look like a overlay it all it looks real. I just look for kind of weird traits and plants it just looks like a witch finger as long as it is not unhealthy you know what I mean. Those are going to look nice in flower.

@ReikoX has some gorgeous green babes. Gonna be a killer flip. Thanks for showing. I got you cruising on us. :wink: I know whatā€™s up.

2 Likes

Ya itā€™s one leaf, the reason it looks weird is that itā€™s slightly twisted as I was taking the pic. Hopefully the bottom heat is helping in <24 it seems Iā€™v noticed an improvement on them, at this point it will probably still be lagging behind others weā€™ll see how things can turn around in the next 4-5 days

2 Likes

I got you. Iā€™m not saying your lagging one bit. Itā€™s beautiful. Iā€™ve been noticing little qualities amongst certain strains. Some are so cool. I hear mutants can display early warning signs. I havenā€™t grown enough to know.

I loved the DBHP I think it was that displayed some (bleeding guttage)? I hope Iā€™m not slaughtering these words hehe. Iā€™d clone the shit out of a bleeding pheno. I guess If itā€™s a problem thing.

I love different. Maybe plants grow out of it. I notice mutations in plants when theyā€™re young and most pull out of it. Looks cool. That big ass leaf is helping to build a room system is how I think about stuff sometimes. For example this is my crazy leaf :grinning:

8 Likes

Still coming along. I think the roots are air pruning themselves. Had to make sure nothing was hanging. Theyā€™ll be blowing up from here.

13 Likes

Dude that strain is rock in! Iā€™m watering my cups 3x a day. Those cups got the tent packed. Jesus they grow fast. Looks good bro. :call_me_hand:

I need a full pallet like you got to keep eveything off the ground the little residual water under the cups is making the roots chase after it so Iā€™mma have to just start jamming Iā€™m back in there or shaving with a razor

3 Likes

Flip a cup like i did n make a stand. For stability too. I got a magic trick imma pull out later on. Those crosses are good smoke too.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s anybody trying any pruning techniques? I watched a pruning method on a video. Iā€™ve been using where you strip the leaves away from the main Cola site but cause it to stunt growth by peeling leaves off and small grow tips. So I figured I would slow this one down a little bit. I only learned by trying what someoneā€™s told me to do so it seems to be working Iā€™ll try the method on this one if it doesnā€™t probably no harm no foul you know what I mean? Yā€™all be safe

7 Likes

Well I have cut some of the lower shade leaves off to try and get some more light into the secondary branches that are now growing, I also tipped it which has encouraged it to shrub up a bit. The kelp is also doing itā€™s thing.

Going to have to think about the best way to be tying this thing down soon.

7 Likes

Sweet man. I tried tieng some down. Theyā€™re too hardened off. Iā€™ll do it gradually if at all. That light is hitting it too good lol. Iā€™m done :joy: Its unfair. Iā€™m throwing the gauntlet down! Damnit make a rule up. His setup is super illegalā€¦That light is killing it. :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

ROFL. Well I am happy to be in the ā€˜looks like a freaky alien spaceshipā€™ sub-category if that helps? Itā€™s just a fun reason to see what can be done in a beer cup! And Iā€™m way too lazy to be watering shit every day bro. TBH I donā€™t think itā€™s the light, but it might the performance ā€˜enhancingā€™ drugs I am taking specially for this comp :grin:

I reckon next year we need a ā€˜most blinged grow setupā€™ category, now I got some of this stuff made and apparently working I wanna add some bells and whistles to it :laughing:

3 Likes

Finally got some pics in, labels are kinda hard to read but theres 3 divyderā€™s and 1 rem x red cherry berry cross(its the biggest one of all 4)

13 Likes

Rule # 2 will be my downfall. I have to leave for work in a day. Iā€™ll be out of town on the 1st. Iā€™m nowhere close either. Now I have to find somebody to keep them alive until I return. My roomie is not a grower. I have a friends that will come here or I may take them to the their house.

I have learned that I better bring my big boy solo cup pants to the game next yearā€¦ I am amongst solo cup elites!! here here!

7 Likes

Itā€™s just a solo cupā€¦ take it with you and be in the ā€˜growing on the moveā€™ category.

Or on a more sensible note maybe just a small bottle above it set up to very slowly drip.

8 Likes

Here is a low tech trick for this probem. If you get a bootlace (cotton is best) and put some heatshrink over it, leaving half and inch or so exposed each end, and shrink in with heat, then get a quart bottle or whatever, punch a hole in the lid and feed one end of the boolace into the bottle, and the other goes into the soil in your pot and you got an almost free autowater that will drip water a solo for at least a week.

11 Likes

I think @GManā€™s bigger problem is the flip date, if I read the post correctly.

9 Likes