MadScientist's 3rd Annual 16oz Cup Competition 🏁

She’s on that tower of pots very close. It’s an auto so that stretching surprised me big time. Who know how it will translate in the root system though. Might be a good thing? Here’s hoping :v:

Looking at that thing I would be tempted to make a miniature SCROG for it that hangs down from your roof to support it when it starts to flower…

1 Like

She’s gonna be tied down and propped up all sorts. I might have pushed her to far today. We will see in the morning

Edit - Aggressive bending. The can is balanced once again haha

11 Likes

Looking good everyone! I’ll be out of pocket all week but will check in when I can. Today is flip day isn’t it? I’m looking forward to the show!

4 Likes

Im so sorry it didn’t work out this time. I should have done what I did last. Anyway. I’ll be cheering for the winners.

3 Likes

My 3 SunShine DayDream will go into the whitefly sanctuary and cannabis flowering cabinet this afternoon at 2.30pm.

4 Likes

So we flip tonight right?

2 Likes

Yep, I already changed my timers and added 15% of my 3000K lights, and checked on them all from my phone.

21 Likes

That’s a beautiful sight.

4 Likes

Time to grab a look at the Time lapse and see if it worked.

14 Likes

Here’s the progress on my solo cup

Now under solstrips 3500k about 18" from the diodes
Room is at around 600ppm co2
Being fed same schedule and mix as my heavy feeding cheesequakes,

To bend, or not to bend, that is the only question…

12 Likes

One didn’t make it. It didn’t survive the bent stem :frowning: The others are going, slowly but surely with nothing but tap water. I switched to My Mars LED for the flip. The light is normally my mother plant light but what the hey. Let’s do this. I’ll post better pictures soon.

12 Likes

Here are better, more recent pictures compared to the previous ones I just posted.

10 Likes

Root system on my favorite so far.

8 Likes

The good part about your cup competition is that experiments can be done and if they fail its not a whole lot of effort wasted.

Next year Sci.

12 Likes

Switched to 12/12. Good luck!

4 Likes

Is your momma plant gonna be ok? How’s that light run. Diodes look really spaced. Just curious.
-J

2 Likes

Yea she will be fine she don’t mind sharing her light lol. I’m just gonna pull her out the room when it’s lights out for the 16 ouncers. Honestly I’ve yet to flower with the Mars I just use it for my mums and clones and it works well so far they seem to like it.

3 Likes

yeah I was just taking a look at it I’ve heard Lots about Mars Hydro really doing it. After running autoflowers for the first time and LEDs and seeing the results after not doing anything for 15 years it’s taking me back to square one really. I’m loving it. With the Coco man

2 Likes

I run a mars hydro 600w led in the tent, love it seems to do good from what I can tell.

3 Likes