Mndlss' place

My wife bought a tiny greenhouse for my son and look what seeds they advertise :smiley:

20 Likes

where did She bought it…not at OBI,i guess? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It’s called hadi, one of those stores with cheap stuff that isn’t actually cheap lol

4 Likes

Hey guys! Something shitty happened. The plants look shitty. I fed them like two weeks ago and the next day it looked kikt the following. I believe that they had a nutrient lockout du to the ffeding and additional cal-mag. So I decided to pick the dead leaves and flushed. After two days it looked the same again. For flushing I used regular tap water with a pH between 6.2 and 6.8. No feeding afterwards. Maybe that was not enough?

The buds begin to swell and resin is developi g pretty good, smell is getting stronger too but they look like that and will continue…so any suggestions?

Greetz

8 Likes

Hi @mndlss
Sorry to see that your ladies don’t look so good

Once you flushed them out try a compost tea
It will help to replace the good things that got washed out
It looks to me like trace minerals IMHO

Epson salts , microblast from earth juice, are good additives , Blackstrap molasses

How strong is the light and how close is it ?

Good luck my friend
Paps

2 Likes

Hey paps, Thanks for the suggestion! I have a bottle with ferts that contains a lot of micro nutes. I’d water them with it. Would it be better to give them half the recommended strength or even less?

2 Likes

I would definitely do 1/2 the recommended strength
Don’t stress the ladies out lol

3 Likes

Hey mndlss, I’ve been allowing more N into my transition ( or the flip mix) fertilizer mix.
I found that for many years I had the idea, that to much N (during flowering) would make my smoke harsh after I cut them.
I now know that is not the case. I’m now allowing some N value up to the last few weeks. In my organics, I use feather meal as it does not break down for a month or 2, after suppling it, so is a perfect N value for flowering fertilizer use, IMHO.

I think in my past, I flushed mine at the wrong time, like right before going into flower for me, as that is the time the she is using lots of energy to build bud’s, right at the time flip, for photo period genetics.
Almost like, as we feed them, we also rip away the food, and that is the imbalance that makes the fan leaf give up the starches to feed the bud site.
Well that is how I see it myself.

I think in the early days of indoor growing, we were all using harsher forms of N, and those would carry over into the bud, blood meal, had lots of iron in it, and it was very common. Outdoor plants can weep away over fertilizers, our indoor containers not so much, unless we use a hard flush. Again, just my personal theories.
Best to ya!

2 Likes

Hey Webe!

Thank you for your feedback and nice to read you, long time no see :slight_smile:
Are you still growing your Hawaiian strains? I think I remember something from opengrow.

To my issue:

I usually grow strictly organic and don’t run into such problems. I use self made soil mixes and organic bottle ferts if needed.

This time I used plain potting soil by floragard and feed mineral nutes… Organic is forgiving within the cycle but mineral nutes not so much in combination with soil it seems. That’s why I call myself still a noob lol

Today I feed them half strength with the fertilizer I have as paps suggested. See how that turns out.

I already collect everything for the next grow which will be organic again :smiley:

Greetz

2 Likes

Hello fellow growers!

Time for another update. Since I wasn’t able to get the issues in order it seems the plants don’t mind that much because the buds are swelling and the resin production is plentyful too.

I fed them yesterday with additional pk and a booster. Maybe 2-3 weeks and they should be done. See for yourself:

The skunks are pretty heavy yielders so far, I can imagine what they are capable of when given optimal conditions. The smell is rather fruity, a distinct skunk smell or an overwhelming strong odor is not there at that point. Unfortunatly one threw nanners some days ago. I separated that plant in another tent. It doesn’t look that there are growing more nanners so I think it’s likely stress related.

Here’s a picture of the little fella joining these hurtled plants. When finished it will give one joint worth of bud maybe :smiley:

I also put 14 blue cookies from mark and one twilight princess x boudica to germination. The latter I received via opengrow. Hopefully it’s a girl lol

Greetz

13 Likes

Hey Mndlss’, sorry I did not see your reply a while back.
I’m not running the Hawaiians anymore. They were fun for while. So many strains, and not enough lifetime to get to all of them…but I’m going to try!!
Your plants look fine to me. Some leaf discoloration is a bit of nuisance, and all, but those buds are very chunky looking to me! I’d NOT toss them out of my jars for sure!!
I’m also thrilled to see some of marks, beans running. I also bought from him, but have not run any yet, just not enough room…I got some now.
Next up for me, Hyp3rids SAWA` lines, I so excited to run these super sounding genetics!
I’m running Capulators items right now. I’ve cut some Mac Stompers and a Big Chillz, so far.
A couple Granny Mac’s, and MacV2’s are about 3/4’rts the way around the track in my tray grow. I also cut a Hypro Widow 13 I got from SeedHeaven Flower Power Seedbank item.
I saw you stated about a pollen sac on a plant and separating it.
I’m doing that also.
I have 4 separate timers running now, in the 4 separate areas.
One of them pissed the bed, and stayed on, and I did not pick up on it for about a week to 10 days?, until the weird growth popped out. Damn old guy syndrome.
So those 3 girls, grow balls, and they are kind of big, and I hate to lose their medical value they may still have. The good buzz is gone and all…
So, I also separated mine, over to the vegetable growing side of my basement, to mature longer. Then I’ll turn all of it into oil and butter for edibles.
I usually just cut and compost them.
Take care!! All the best to ya!!

4 Likes

@mndlss

I was having a similar problem with naners over my past two grows I fully believe it was due to heat stress from the tent hight (60in) now that I have the 80 inch high tent I don’t see any of these issues with the ladies I believe they were getting way too close to the light

damn heat stress

They do look :eyes: good to me
Paps

3 Likes

I just had an old guy moment as well damn ph at our age lol :joy:

4 Likes

…as long as you don´t smoke the leafes :wink: the buds do look goood !

3 Likes

Hey guys, thanks for the input, appreciate it

Some pictures from today. pistils start turning brown, the resin is still clear. Still at least two weeks left I guess.

So far the smell is nothing special on all of them. I mean it’s there and it smells nice in there but nothing special you know. I’m a bit disappointed by the skunks which are very low in odour. It’s fruity and not very strong, you’d expect different from a skunk.

The what I think is the bubblegum xl has a very pleasant sweet candy smell almost like bubblegum, I’m looking forward to the taste from this one. I think one of my favorites so far.

Both cbd rich plants (euforia) are doing okay too. The taller one has a very strong unpleasant smell. It reminds me of the northern lights automatic I had last summer. A fellow stoner described it as strong lemongrass and weed. That smell is unpleasant but addictive if you know what I mean lol

The other two plants are supposed to be a white widdow and critical. Both smell kind of similar.

At harvest time there will be individual shots with better descriptions.

Oh btw, 12 out of 14 blue cookies and the boudica x twilight princess are above the ground.

My autopot came the other day. I’m excited to test it. As a test object I’ll use one of the lady cane phenos from the f4 version of cannabella sc. This one has some great smells, it’s like a sweet citrus cleaner smell in which the freshness of the cleaner is dominant. The bud structure is sativa like, fluffy spears. The other 2 phenos are more dense and rounder. Their smell is still silver hazey but sweeter. One can say that there’s a sweet one, my test object and one which is in the middle of both. That’s the one I plan to use:

That’s all folks! Enjoy your evening

17 Likes

Anything Boudicca gots to be good :+1:

2 Likes

Let’s hope it’s a girl!

2 Likes

Hey fellas, it’s been a while!

I chopped already all of the plants. They hang to dry and are almost ready to put into jars. Yield is far below average, which I blame on my stupidity. Smell is nothing special on all of them so far, but this I will judge finally when they spent some quality time in the jars.

I just dump the pictures:

Smoke reports will follow when the buds are smokeable :wink:

I fucked it up this time but it will be enough smoke to get to the next harvest.

Greetz

13 Likes

Wow :star_struck: who is #6 love the colors

And a happy 420 buddy

A friend of mine is currently growing the cheeseberry f2 I did from eskos cheeseberry.

One pheno has this sickening sweet smell with very little berry in it. It’s him and my favorite so far. There’s a blueberry leaning one and two that have this red berry smell, but it was nicer in my head somehow.

When you have seen the plants at the first 3 weeks of flowering you’d probably be tempted to throw them out of the tent. My buddy didn’t and the buds swell like hell and are now very big and also dense, not rock ahrd but pretty dense. The resin also came way later than on all the other plants in the cabin but is now comparable to the other strains.

I’m looking forward to smoke those beauties.

Greetz

13 Likes