Mr.Sparkle Growing with MarsHydro : 2022

W00T!! kinda looks like those pots are dipping into the reservoirs. :grin:

:dove:

1 Like

Cause they are :wink: first couple weeks will just be bottom wicking but you know that :wink: lol.

1 Like

So just to show the seedling with the issue as some added info for say new growers.

Here’s a healthy sibling.

Here’s the one with issue, upon first look the cotyledons haven’t opened up and on feel they are quite dry and rigid vs say healthy seedlings, so to me this is a give away that something may be up.

Upon digging it out gently using a pair of tweezers to just scoop up the seeding plus surrounding coco which can be shook of after extraction, here’s how her tap root looks.

Notice its like the tap root was going then hit a impediment and started to try and go around whatever it was likely just tighter packed coco which a deeper initial hole probably would of helped with that, saying that at around that point the tip had received a little damage, which could of been when i was removing its seed coat when it was above ground last night, now though you can see that its starting to throw two tips from the end, it will likely recover but will be on the slower side now that it has to form new tap root tips.

So its expected this one will lag behind the others, anyways replanted it and we will see how it goes or if the backup seedling sprouts and takes over first.

20 Likes

Day 2

Seeings how the front FC x GLo is doing fine i pulled out the DSxPL seedling and transferred it to another pot in one of my other cabinets.

Running at 65w atm

18 Likes

Day 4

Looks like the back left slight ran into an issue as well but im leaving them as is, cause really 2 of these will fill the space if i need to remove plants later which isn’t the plan.

16 Likes

Jezuz you got all kinds of stuff going on props tagged :metal: :metal: :metal:

3 Likes

haha yeah always, the two separate thread are for a reason obviously normal grow and marshydro grow.

3 Likes

JR/F1#1 is like 2 weeks older than these and smaller :sweat_smile: TBf it was almost dead and now we got fresh leaves coming through. I’m paying super close attention to this thread :wink:

3 Likes

Day 7 , dropped and combined them down into a reservoir for now just so i dont have to keep such high water levels in the reservoirs till they need to go on the automatic watering.

16 Likes

Things are moving fast eh??
I’ve got issues with marshydro more because of the outlandish claims they state their lights produce.
I’ve no issue at all with the quality or the components they use. I reckon if anyone can change my opinion on the products its you @Mr.Sparkle. They state 2gpw on the site. I’m “rooting” for you bro. :+1:

3 Likes

Well claims were worse in the past i believe they are at least more truthful than they use to be saying that i’ve personally hit that 2+g/w mark so :man_shrugging: possibility, apart from start of october im gonna be away for a bit but that’s a problem for future Mr.Sparkle to figure out lol.

6 Likes

I see you coming out of a time machine. With a futuristic plant growing wand.

2gpw is extremely ambitious but possible, I think, if everything is perfect perfect :+1:

3 Likes

lol well yeah 2 is on the high end, typically if i have a full cab and things go decently smoothly im in that 1.5g/w + range on average and thats more on the conservative side.

so :man_shrugging: we will see i guess

4 Likes

I’m hoping you prove me wrong my friend. To be honest if they said 1gpw it’s still worth buying. I’m gonna sit quiet in the corner and see how well it performs. :+1:

4 Likes

With the right genetics this is absolutely achievable with this gear.

4 Likes

Well yeah though im running unknowns and not even selecting strong plants amongst many its just the 4 so ??? but if say the two slower ones really start lagging right at the start i have no qualms about swapping them out or can just run two plants as typically that all i run plant wise in the bigger pots if i don’t want to train them too much, so really this run is more a fair test run as i haven’t run these seeds before there’s gonna be a gap where im not around to tend them so they likely will have to go low light level for awhile or i rig up a secondary watering.

Should note for those gpw metrics i also wont be running this light at max but 100w of the 146w it maxes out at here just cause that’s overkill for the space and detrimental plant wise just cause of my limited height and well sqft.

5 Likes

Day 9

Always the slowest part for me is that first two to three weeks, bumped the light to 80w as well.

18 Likes

Looks right to me

2 Likes

Day 11 on the MarsHydro Light chamber

There doing good the two are a bit more sluggish but ill need to separate probably before the weekend, also turned up the light to 100w from the wall this morning.

25 Likes

Day 14

Things are starting to pick up, separated them out again this morning.

23 Likes