Mutant Madness?

@middleman - When I put new seedlings into the veg tent they normally take about a week to get acclimated, so it’s not really growing that slow now that I think about it. It just seems like it. Also have to consider they went from air deprived solo cups into a proper pot so they had to get comfortable first. Things are going to start moving from here!

@the rest of OG - Well sorry guys, I goofed up…like I said I would try taking some pics with the light turned down… well they’re soo much better than with it turned up. Kind of ashamed I didn’t try this earlier… ah well. Live and learn. Photos are going to be much better moving forward.

18 Likes

I’m getting a shitload of :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::cup_with_straw::cup_with_straw: and a nice comfy chair to watch this mutant of a thread grow

2 Likes

@curiouscat - Welcome to the party! It’s going to be quite fun here in a few months when the seeds start poppin’

Time for some updates! I chopped on day 67. I could have taken them all longer I know, but I need the space for future projects. First, I’ll go over the seedlings, then veg, then the chopped girls.

Seedlings: I got my 20x Lagkitan heirloom seeds finally from TLT. SUPER excited to search for the purple ‘scorpion’ pheno. I considered just trying 10, but I couldn’t resist I started them all. So far (2 days later) I have 9 of them with tails starting to poke out. In the next 12 hours it’s likely that I will be putting them into their own little pots and into the clone box to finish germinating. I won’t take any pictures until they’ve sprouted their first true leaves.

My Double Jam seedling continues to plug away. The ultra thin sativa leaves are apparent even from birth :slight_smile:

Here’s the 3 amigos (Quack Bastard seedlings).

Side note: The remaining 9 quack bastards from the pack refused to germinate. Finally I tried cracking the seed shell on some of them. It may have worked. I might have 3-4 more seedlings germinating. It’s hard to say because they’re literally trying to grow through the shell instead of pushing it off.

Drunken Bastards: (couple really unique ones in there)

Supafreaks:

Here’s the bigger plants from the veg tent in the flowering tent getting ready for flowering. I will switch them over once I have rooted clones of all of them. 2 Berryfreak on the left (same plant), 4 Duckweb in the middle and Blueberry Muffin & Imperium X on the right.

Now onto the plants everyone wants to see:
This BerryFreak nug is 55g wet. In a couple more days I will know the dry weight. It has lost a lot of water weight but I’m optimistic for 10g+ from this single bud. I don’t have a photo but there was one GTR bud I trimmed which easily trumps the BerryFreak in terms of weight/density.

Just before chop:

BerryFreak girl out in the sun. Obviously she really used the netting to stay upright.

Imperium X: (man she’s pretty!)

Last but not least we have the amazing GTR.

I will post some more pictures as everything hits the jars and my seedlings get bigger. Exciting times ahead with the seedlings going right now!

8 Likes

Update time. A day later than I’d like but life gets busy…

The pictured nug from before is about 8g dry. The rest of the group is almost done drying. When I finish trimming I’ll be sure to post pictures of the completed bounty.

Here’s the new seedlings:
18x Lagkitan landrace & 3x Quack Bastard (super hard to see cause they’re so small and fragile)

I believe 9 or 10 of them have opened cotyledons and shed the seed skin. Pretty excited to see them all poke up! In the next few days I suspect they should all be coming right along. I’m only doubtful on the quack bastards since I had to crack the seeds.

Here’s the small veg tent (4x2):

There’s starting to show a couple Drunken Bastards that just look better than the others. They say this plant has low odor but my tent sticks when I open it up. The supafreak seedlings can’t be that loud when they’re so small.

And the big tent (5x3):

They’re definitely liking the increased room in there. I want to get them nice and big before they’re cloned and put into the 4x4 offgrid for flowering.

When the Drunken Bastards are big enough to clone I will clone everything I can and move the Lagkitan into the small veg tent. I plan on upgrading that quite a bit in the next couple of weeks, as well as putting the 4x4 together.

As all of the new seedlings (and clones) get bigger, that’s when I’m going to go crazy with the bonzai stuff. I also plan on starting some Red Lambsbread and a Cambodian Heirloom named Honey. Those are going to take a couple weeks to get here anyways I’d imagine.

13 Likes

Alrighty folks! Update time. Week 14 brings good things!

My harvest still continues to dry. I have had it in a cold dry environment with fans on (~40F/35%RH). Buds are almost dry but they’re at the point now where I need to put in the 10-12 hours worth of work. It’s difficult around my full time job and the current babies! I will manage though.

None flowering now so I will go over the plants in veg, starting with the youngest.

First off, 12 more Quack Bastards seeds soaking right now waiting to sprout! Need to find some males and females to choose from! Kind of difficult with only 3 to choose from. I’m hoping for some really vigorous growing samples. I’m not super fond of how slow the ABC plants grow. Duckweb seems to grow at a normal speed from what I can see. Hopefully the vigor from that side took over.

Next we have the Lagkitan landrace/heirloom seedlings. Unfortunately the dome kept the humidity a bit too high and droplets formed on some of the seedlings’ leaves. Most of them have some damage from light burn where there was water on them. I believe all but 2 got lucky and will continue growing without any issues now that I removed the dome. As for the 2… one of them I’m hopeful for and the other I have doubts about. It burned the two first leaves after the cotyledons so there’s no place for new growth to emerge. I have faith though since the cotyledons are still green. It may start new growth there in the next couple of days if I don’t mess things up too much. Anyways I found out that the odds of finding the pheno I’m looking for are basically 1 in 20 so time will tell if I get fortunate enough to find one! At this point I wouldn’t mind if it’s a male or female. Definitely want both but I would prefer the female to the male. At least the female I will enjoy smoking.
Anyways here they are:

Next we have the 10x Supafreak, 3x Quack Bastard, 1x Double Jam, 1x Mint X. They just got transplanted into new deeper containers where the roots can get oxygen unlike the solo cups. I believe this is why they were stunted. It’s hard to say though. They aren’t very green to my eyes. There’s one Quack Bastard that I’m not sure what happened but I think got nutrient lockout somehow. There is some new growth that’s green so I’m positive it will pull through, given time. I’m only searching for the ‘45 day’ pheno in these Supafreaks, all males will be culled and anything that doesn’t flower quickly will be discarded, unless it can knock the BerryFreak off her pedestal. Mint X will eventually be moved outside if it’s female. Double Jam will be culled if it’s male.

Then the Drunken Bastards. Whoever said ABC doesn’t smell certainly hasn’t been around these little beauties! They do have an aroma to them even without touching them. What you smell is the predominant ‘weed’ smell. A stem rub from most specimens reveals blueberries, very strong smell of blueberries. I don’t know whether to count myself fortunate here… they began revealing sex due to their ages. Of course all of the short squat ones are female. I have 2 males. One, has been the tallest from the beginning. I named him Rocky because of his vigor. I accidently chopped off one of the cotyledons before the plant was even out of the seed, but it continued to grow into this beautiful stud of a plant. He smells like blueberries and I’m positively thrilled to think of the progeny he will make! As for the other male… it grows like traditional ABC but the leaves due seem bigger. It doesn’t smell quite like blueberries so I’m not sure if it will be used for breeding or not. Once they’re cloned and flowering I will be able to decide between the two. That leaves 9 females to sort through! They all seem a tad different from each other too. Maybe one will reveal itself to be male but I’ve seen pistils on several of them already. Fortunately, the plant with the most unique growth structure (topped itself into 3 on it’s own) is female!
The special female is bottom middle. The surprising female is the one on the top right.
The 2 males are middle top and top right.

Oh! I should also mention that all of these Bastards were just topped! They have been allowed to grow naturally up until this point.

Lastly, we have the oldest and biggest plants. I thought they were nitrogen deprived but they’re actually asking for bloom nutes. I will clone these and flower them once the clones are rooted and growing. Easily 3 weeks out before that happens.

It’s hard to tell from the picture but the Blueberry Muffin (lower right) is so short compared to the other plants. It’s also stacking really hard. The clones will be good from it I’m sure. Like the ABC it just doesn’t want to seem to stretch out. From what I’ve seen of previous grows, it doesn’t flower long enough to really stretch hard. Still a lovely plant though! Hoping it’s good smoke because I will be using her as a mom to receive pollen down the road. I would like to use the fast flowering aspect as well as the terpene profile. It’s also the only thing with indica really that’s in my lineup.

In the coming week I will be cutting/trimming/weighing my harvest. I will try to take pictures if I remember. I will also give smoke reports out then, even though I have sampled all of the plants I grew. I will also be upgrading my 4x2 tent to be vertical, with 2 layers of plants. I’m hoping to maximize my space for large amount of plant numbers for the bonzai sultan method. The Drunken Bastard “Rocky” will likely be the first sultan. The females will include: Imperium X, Blueberry Muffin, Duckweb, and BerryFreak. I may also throw one Drunken Bastard female in there to make F4 seeds but I’m undecided on that yet.

As the seedlings get big enough to give clones I will be able to throw them in the mix too!

That’s all for now!

13 Likes

Good writeup. Thanks for posting it.

2 Likes

17 TLT Lagkitan and 1 Quack Bastard, they growing quickly!

10 Supafreak, 3 Quack Bastard, 1 Double Jam, and one Mint Trip x Imperium X F1 (Mint X?)

11 Drunken Bastards, might have only gotten one male, hoping for 2 though. Most of them are female.

BerryFreak (both plants on the left are clones), 4 Duckweb, 1 Blueberry Muffin, and 1 Imperium X

A few things:

• Harvest is finally dry, so I can trim and jar it up. Weights in the next couple of days unless I forget to grab my scale from my off grid location.
  • Off grid location will be downsizing from 8x4 to 4x4 but the 4x4 will have up to 1200w LED. Want to start getting more consistent crops. Bigger is too much work. Trying to find the right balance.
  • Waiting on a few key parts before I can go with my vertical setup in the 4x2 tent. I have a divider tray, cool-white LED lights, and pots which will fit really nicely on the tray! Just need PVC fittings before I can make the structure that holds it all.
  • Bonsai will begin with vertical installing. Cool thing is this vertical setup is actually like 90w less than my current light. Clones will be taken and plants will begin to be shaped.
  • Big tent plants will be cloned, then sent to off grid location.
  • Lagkitan will move into the big tent and be put into 12/12. They will grow/flower for the next half year. It’s for this reason I’m considering moving the Drunken Bastards in there with them. The bastards will be done before the Lagkitan even begin flowering. I will be sure to take a clone of each Lagkitan before they flower. I would like
  • I have more Quack Bastard seeds germinating. Waiting for Red Lambsbread 2020 and Honey IBL to get here.
  • Thinking about popping a bunch of different strains, for some good females. For example Dr Grinspoon, Katsu’s Pleasure Dome, AFC’s Hyperion, AFC’s Invictus, Snowhigh’s Devil’s Malawi, and a couple of others. I am limited by the number of parent plants I can keep, but that doesn’t mean I can’t breed with these strains and grow out the resulting seeds.
  • At some point in the near future I’m going to look into watering automation, something that’s flexible enough to work with the bonsai sultan method (many small pots). Does anyone have any suggestions for automatic watering that I could see?

I figure in the 4x2 tent I can get:
(bottom) 36x mother/father keepers in 5" pots & (top) 42x domed clones in 2.5" pots or 72x in 3.5" pots

In the 5x3 tent I can fit 50x 5" pots. If I go vertical I can get 100. The thought is crazy to me! That’s why I’m looking into automation soon.

9 Likes

Been busy. Will post an actual update later

9 Likes

This update is an exciting one…
4’ x 2’ tent gone vertical!!

BEFORE:

TEST FIT:

AFTER:

Now for an update!

Lagkitan seedlings! I’ve been in contact with TLT regarding these and they’re telling me the purple wheat pheno I’m looking for… they call it Fenotrigo. They plan to release the special offering in 2023 along with regular Lagkitan. Out of 60 seeds they only found 3 plants like that. I’m hoping one of these 18 pull through… why 18?

This little one was one that got damaged from water condensation light burns… but if you look carefully there is new green growth in the middle! I don’t have any hopes for #19 but this one here will hopefully come back. Even if it takes an extra few weeks I don’t mind if it means one more chance for Fenotrigo. Wouldn’t that be something if this one that survives is the one that turns out being what I want… would be cool!

Next we have the Supafreak seedlings… looks like all 12 going to pull through… 2 obviously a ways behind. Also pictured are 5x Quack Bastard. I may have a 6th but at this point I’m just happy to have 5 tbh. It’s taken 24 seeds to get them. It’s a difficult one to germinate!

Here are the Drunken Bastards with much better light source imo, where they all have room to spread out a bit. They’re going to be cloned and shaped now with bonsai in the coming week.

I may upload a few more pictures of particular buds as I smoke them… but for now… this is pretty much all I’m willing to put up on the interwebs.

So the plants have been let’s say… “processing” for the last like 3 weeks because I’ve been too busy with work. They’re really dry. Weights are dry dry. Not like trying to fudge my numbers because it’s still wet… no all of this herb will be 100% fine if I don’t open the jars for the next year.

GTR - 264g - not surprising since this plant was easily the largest
Imperium X - 215g - this plant smells divine as well as being dark dark purple
BerryFreak - 134g - nothing but smiles about this one
Supafreak - 74g + 78g (152g) - both plants ended up just a bit more than BerryFreak
I also smoked easily about 20g between all the strains since they got chopped. I won’t count that, or the 228g shake/trim bag that will be going into edibles.
Grand Total = 765g

My LED wattage was 740. 1g/w achieved!!!

Some notes about weights… there was a ton of larf and BS which was below the screen. I should have done some routine cleanup. Yields would have been better on the actual bud I feel like. Additionally, I found that several limbs had snapped of their own accord somehow. I’m not sure if that contributed to the GTR throwing a bunch of nanners. On that front I think I collected around 100 seeds, which is really nothing.

Overall I’m super pleased with the results, and I’m super happy to enjoy them! Which brings me onto the smoke reports.

First off, GTR. I understand why this plant soured relationships and is coveted. I’m not sure if I got a real sour diesel in this plant, but it’s definitely funky. AFC’s description is 99% accurate. It smells like hydrocarbon, gas, acid, chemical… it’s got a real funk to it. It almost smells nasty. Now, when you grind it up it’s sooo sticky! Normally I grind it down to a powder and then pour the powder into my bowl but this stuff… there’s no pouring it. It doesn’t move it’s so sticky! It must be finger loaded, no matter how dry it is. Smoking GTR is a true delight. It’s a very light smoke, but very powerful. It has a very good blend for indica/sativa buzz. Very potent. The first couple of hints you really get that funky sour taste, especially on the exhale. Every other hit seems like regular smoke… just good smoke. The high lasts for about 2 hours for me. It is uplifting as well as quite sedative. It’s a really good balance, and a very enjoyable smoke.

Next we’ll go over Imperium X… it’s purple and pretty. The smell my close circle is debated on. I think it smells like fresh mountain air, like next to a stream. Others think it smells exactly like Christmas. Either way… it’s a unique smell which is absolutely addictive. This girl will remain in my garden until she can provide me with a better progeny. Anesia seeds claims Imperium X has elevated levels of THC-P and I’m fairly inclined to agree. This strain has some quality in the smoke which just sends you to the clouds. It’s a bit more dense, but super potent too. The thing with this strain which I don’t desire is how hard this plant stacks. If I didn’t cut the limbs apart 100% this plant would have molded in drying process. It’s so dense, but the flowers are pretty small actually. Ideally I will try to breed larger flowers and a better structure into this, while maintaining the unique terp profile of Imperium X.

Best for last! The mutants!

BerryFreak - Smells exactly like berries, almost fruitlike, but more subtle. This strain grinds my favorite of them all. Between the pinnate leaves and the buds, it grinds perfectly into a fine powder. That makes smoking it an absolute joy. At first I thought the strain wasn’t potent as far as THC goes, because I’m a heavy smoker. After being able to sample BerryFreak in several different methods (joint, bubbler, bong, steamroller) I can say it’s definitely not weak. The high is just different from every other modern hybrid I’ve tried. It’s really different but I can’t explain it. I do believe there’s a decent presence of CBD, because it is extremely calming. Perfect mixture between dense and light smoke. It burns well, and stays lit after the first light. You can smoke a whole bowl lighting the lighter only once. It sets in right away, and leads to a really calm mental state for the next couple hours. I’m super happy to have this in my medicine cabinet!

Supafreak - Humboldt Seed Company nailed the description on this one perfectly as well. Fruit/chem/spice. It’s definitely different from BerryFreak in terms of flavor. As far as I can tell though, everything else is about the same. They’re about the same potency, same high, same smoke. It’s pretty much the same plant, except for the terp profile is different.

Now it will be interesting to see what I can find in the bonsai sultan method!

11 Likes

Update time:
First off, I took clones! 2 of each Drunken Bastard (22), 2 of each Duckweb (8), Berry Freak (2), and one each of Blueberry Muffin and Imperium X. I suspect in another week most will have roots. Here they are:

Next we have the Lagkitan seedlings. I’m super happy to report that #19 has decided to join the party. 19 solid shots at the purple wheat phenotype!

Next we have 13 Invictus from AFC seeds. Hoping to find a super resinous specimen to work with. Do not care if it’s male or female. There’s also some F1 seeds I had from the GTR throwing nanners. I mostly wanted to start them to prove to myself that I can grow seeds that germ well. Not sure if I’ll keep them but who knows.

Next we have the Supafreak seedlings starting to turn into little plants.

The Quack Bastards are very exciting to watch develop as well! They seem different to me than my Drunken Bastards but I can’t exactly say how. Either way, I’m super happy to have the 5 that I have because the seeds were quite difficult to germ. I tried all my tricks and I could only get 5 of 24 seeds to go. 3 additional seeds formed tap roots but lacked the vigor to continue growing. It seems like the seeds from ABC doesn’t store much energy for the new seedlings; unlike my BerryFreak which produces huge thick seeds. There’s also 2 Supafreak stragglers trying to catch up on the right.

Last for the top row of my veg tent are the 1 Mint X (Mint Trip x Imperium X - F1) and RSC’s Double Jam. I topped both last night so hopefully the next update they’ll be quite a bit bushier.

Now for the Drunken Bastards on the bottom half. I believe I have 2 different looking males, and 9 females. I will take individual pictures of each plant if requested, otherwise I’ll just do a writeup on them.
Male 1 - Strongly resembles regular canna, other than ABC leaf structure. A stem rub makes me quite delighted! He smells like blueberries through and through. I’m leaning towards this guy being my breeder.
Male 2 - This guy resembles the typical ABC structure. However, his leaves are larger than his female counterparts. He seems to be the male version of the ‘small bush’ pheno. Honestly thinking about keeping this guy around to tame some of the tropical landrace sativas I plan on working with in the future. I can’t decide between Male 2 x Female Sativa or Male Sativa x Female 8 (she’s my shortest pheno)

There are a couple of females which stand out to me, out of the bunch. First off, we have DB5. She topped herself into 3 main stems without any effort on my part. Her smell is 100% blueberry. I’m excited to see how she turns out. Next we have DB8. She is the shortest of the bunch coming in at like 6-8" max. She was the most difficult to clone because her internode spacing is so small, on top of being a bush. Lastly, we have 1 female (DB11) which shows the growth pattern of Male1 (also DB1). She actually seems like she may have some auto genetics in her as she has a couple of fully formed calyxes with trichomes and everything. She’s just waiting to flower. I’m hoping that her wider internode spacing is a precursor to larger bud bracts/flowers, leaning more towards Sangria in their structure. A couple of the females held onto some of the piney/limey terps just a little bit but for the most part all of them smell like blueberries.

I will say, at first I didn’t care much for the ABC type since it took forever for them to get going, but now that they’re going good… I absolutely enjoy them. Really eager to flower these once the clones root. But alas the proof: (side note: DB1 is the male in the back on the left in the first photo, DB2 is the male on the right. DB8 is sitting in front of DB1 and you can really see the phenotypic variation at play there. Same plant ones a boy and one’s a girl… totally different structure though)…

Last but certainly not least we have the big tent girls BerryFreak x 2 on the left, Duckweb x 4 in the middle, Imperium X in the back on the right, and front right is Blueberry Muffin. These will go to the offgrid 4x4 once all my clones have rooted.

Once the clones root things will change a bit. I’m debating on culling the Supafreaks again and replacing them with several different fem strains I have. The Bonsai Sultan method aims to have a good amount of females to work with, and one general male to pollinate them all. The first Sultan is going to be DB1. The females in my first cross will be Duckweb, BerryFreak, Imperium X, and Blueberry Muffin. Once those F1 seeds are harvested I will have Lagkitan clones ready for flowering. I don’t know, it’s still many months out but I’ll figure it out along the way!

11 Likes

Another good update. Thanks for posting it.

2 Likes

Sometimes when it’s weeks and weeks without anyone posting but me I ponder to myself if this is a good use of my time. I mean I can continue all my efforts without posting it online after all…

So thank you for giving me the fervor to continue onward. I would be thrilled if more people chimed in. When I created this thread I envisioned a thread where people could discuss mutant strains and breeding with them in depth, not just me posting updates to my crazy little world.

6 Likes

I think we’re looking to you as a “leader” on the subject. You have a lot of material to work with that most of us don’t. I’m currently making ABC crosses and breeding them out to ABC leaf type, but that’s pretty straight forward and doesn’t add much to what you’re working with.

I’m very interested in what you’re doing and I hope you will continue to post. But I also know it is a lot of work/time to make a detailed post like the ones you do. I will try to engage more, but like you, I hope others will chime in as well.

7 Likes

Definitely an interesting thread and the posts are appreciated! I’ve just kind of been sitting here wide eyed and intrigued as I have next to zero experience with mutants. Following along and truly fascinated by the niche you’ve taken up!

2 Likes

Wow. I guess I didn’t realize that for most my insane obsession makes me look like an authority on these strains. I’m really as clueless as the next guy to be honest with you. These days the strains are out there if you look hard enough, and they’re not super expensive either (in my eyes). Maybe I’ve just been in the right place at the right time to collect them all but I feel like if people want to work with these strains, they’re out there and they’re available. If I recall correctly I spent around $440 for all 3 mutant varieties and about 2 months worth of waiting for shipping.

I love these strains as they’re all unique and interesting to me. I’m going to continue working with them all separately and together to offer all kinds of different varieties to those who want to participate rather than just watch in awe. That said, at the moment I’m just a guy with 2 small grow tents (with another 4’x4’ offgrid) so I’m limited on production. The future is uncertain though and I hope I’m able to expand my capacity at some point.

I’m relieved to see the need for me to keep going is definitely there. I will continue my mutant playground :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

I had zero experience with mutants too until I got my hands on them. I couldn’t help myself I had to dive in!

They’re really no different than normal canna. ABC and Quack Bastard seem to be slow to start but all plants are. I think we misinterpret it being slow due to the fact that it stays short and branchy, but they drink quite a bit of water daily. Duckweb and the Freakshow plants seem to grow just like normal canna to me. I don’t see a whole lot of difference between them. They’re all wonderful to grow. Mutants are just mutants lol.

Thank you for your input!

2 Likes

Walking into that tent must be something like the twilight zone! Or like entering doctor who’s TARDIS… it takes you to another dimension :laughing: looking good!

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say another dimension I’d say it’s pretty close to earth. I always get earthly vibes now when I’m watering. I didn’t get that before going vertical which is pretty interesting!

1 Like

Update time! Well… where to begin. My brain has been on overload deciding what to run and when. On one hand I have a very strong desire to breed out the mutant strains into something I can call my own. On the other I have a very strong desire to try an equatorial sativa cross. On top of all that, my researching and desire for credible information continues to grow. Apparently I did not get the memo that in the mmj breeding world, the female always comes first in the cross. I had no idea this was the case and I was always wondering how you knew which parent was male and which was female. After reading, now I know it’s commonplace to always list the female first. So moving forward I’ll be joining the rest of the world in my nomenclature.

Anyways, I’ve decided on a [tentative] schedule for the remainder of the year. May - Aug: seed run in both tents. Since the tents are in different locations I will be able to produce F1s for the following crosses:
Drunken Bastard x Duckweb
BerryFreak x Duckweb
Imperium X x Duckweb
Blueberry Muffin x Duckweb
BerryFreak x Drunken Bastard
Duckweb x Drunken Bastard

During this time I will be able to select my mother plant from the Duckweb & Drunken Bastards.

Aug - Oct: Flower Invictus, Lagkitan, Double Jam, and Quack Bastards.

By this point I should have selected mother plants of BerryFreak, Duckweb, Drunken Bastard, Imperium X, & Blueberry Muffin. With the Lagkitan/Invictus/QB/DJ parent plants being chosen before the end of October.

Here’s where my plan splits into 2 and I must decide on a course. I would LOVE to germinate 5 separate varieties (4 seeds each) of Jamaican Lambsbread. I would also love to sprout the F1s that I’ll be making soon. My big decision here is whether I want to continue down the mutant path (with excellent genetic material) or I can hunt the Lambsbread (which may easily take 2-3 years). This assumes I don’t find a knockout specimen in my plants I’m working with right now. For example if my Drunken Bastard male turns dark purple before he pollinates it may be likely that I hunt the F1s to make purple Drunken BerryFreak Bastards lol.

Either way, whichever rabbit hole I decide to go down, I do know that what I have going right now I need to work through these plants and find the best specimens. I need to go from 67 genetically unique individuals down to about 12. Before I sprout any more beans (sad face) I must go through what I have.

Anyways onto photos!
Going in reverse today:

The ladies/gent (hopefully) in the big tent. Would be super ironic if the Duckweb I think is male turns out female. I would need to sprout more Duckweb to find a male to cross to BerryFreak. Will figure that out maybe possibly if I must… hahaha…

Bottom of the small tent:

Rocky waving high in the back on the left. He’s the stud I’m planning on using. One normie plant in there… likely to find a home with a friend.

Closeup on the Quack Bastards. As a note, these are only a month younger than the Drunken Bastards they’re next to. I believe Quack Bastard may have some OG ABC genetics in there for them to be growing so slowly. Maybe I’m why they’re growing so slow but idk… they seem happy. Other than those pesky little bugs on them all the time… still can’t get rid of the damn things otherwise my babies would look perfect!

Top shelf:

Couple Supafreak runts, 2 Quack Bastard (real young), 13 Invictus, and a few of my own F1 fems. Most of them will find their way to new homes… maybe in the dumpster maybe somewhere nice… lol. The QB and Invictus I will keep but everything else meh.

upafreaks getting big now! Time to top soon. They will find new homes… but definitely not the dumpster.

Ahh… my Lagkitan babies! Lookin so fresh after transplant. Double Jam standing tall in the back (1 month older). These are quickly becoming my favorites and I don’t know why. They’re very vigorous which I love. Starting to smell nice too.

Last but not least we have the clones, all but 2 have roots formed.

Next update should bring quite a bit of change to my garden as I transition into becoming a guppy breeder!

10 Likes

Truckin’ along nicely. You have taken on a lot and it looks like you have a good plan with the timeframes and everything. Not sure where the guppies will fit in, but I wish you the best with those.

3 Likes