My 30 gal. One plant Blue Dream Adventure

I heard that they can’t actually explode. Have you ever seen a bulb explode?

1 Like

That I have not. Just pop and go out.

2 Likes

HID are pressurized, and I suppose if it weakened it it could explode. But like, glass melts at a super high temp. And to damage the electrode you’d have to run a LOT of current through it, you’d pop the breaker first.

So no… with a caveat that it is technically possible.

1 Like

So I would pop a 20 amp breaker before a 600 watt hid bulb

1 Like

I have Ipower ballast and if I remember correctly they are supposed to power down before a bulb bursts. So I guess I’m gonna run that bulb, just might be a gas build up scientific thing

Well no- the bulb would burn out. But it won’t explode.

I should say, your ballast will die too. It’d have to be a very unfortunate chain of events, basically.

The issue with bulbs exploding is when they get hit. Hot, pressurized bulbs, not so strong. Crazy shrapnel though.

1 Like

You have no idea how many people Google that lol

1 Like

Sorry peeps I’m getting a little of topic here, but an HID bulb can not blow, or burst to the point of shrapnel discharge. They dim and go out. If you give a bulb to many watts it will just pop or burn out

4 Likes

It’s been 5 days again since the last pic update. I have been topping all side branches and prolly just gonna let her go for a little while now. I have Givin this plant a small dose of general hydroponics micro. 2 time’s with a little bit of azomite. My 30 gal fabric pot is still on order so I’ll probably transplant it in the 30 gal. When it comes in. At that point the 4x8 tent and light will be set up for its final home. This plant is a month old already.

19 Likes

Lookin dang good for a month old !

1 Like

Hey guys n gales. Got my 4x8 tent up and light. And man do I realize the possibilities… I see what you guys are all about now. You indoor growers are awesome at what you do… I wish I would have layed the tent out first lol…
I’m gonna start train this plant. I plan on supercropping it. I’m gonna start bend branches sideways, or I might just keep topping it and spreading branches after I put the net up. Haven’t made up my mind. The plant started to slow down under the small led’s but once I put it under the MH it perked right back up. I didn’t realize the amount of light needed for a project like this. I have the ballast turned down to 250 watts so I’ll add as the plant gets bigger. Unless I should turn it up now, Im not sure.

17 Likes

Thanks crazy!

That’s a great size

Remember when topping and doing all the training take it slow the plants don’t like stress

Plants take 2 weeks to recover from topping

Best wishes

4 Likes

Thanks Papalag! I will do that. Thank you for your help with this project

1 Like

Things just got real for me. I got the 30 gallon pot out and was bigger then I expected lol. It took a long time to fill that thing. There’s prolly 300 pounds of medium in it. I’m using my supersoil from my garden that I have been building up for a couple years now along with a little of Jacks 1 1 1. The roots of this plant were growing out of the 3 gallon pot it was in. So hopefully after a few days it takes hold and has a non stop growth spurt. I watered the pot with a 5 gallon bucket lol.

15 Likes

This is absolutely insane and I love it. You’re going to have a hedge in that tent.

2 Likes

You used outside dirt on an inside plant? Have you done this before? That’s usually much too heavy for container plants

4 Likes

Lol. That’s what I want insanity! @meesh no I haven’t used outdoor soil but this soil has been worked so hard with copious amounts of compost/manure organic everything pretty much. I’m gonna use Jacks 20 20 20 every now and then if I have too. I have had excellent results using a little bit of chemical on supersoils. We will all see what happens. The soil is a little heavy but nice and loamy. If you squeeze a fist full of medium it easily breaks apart

6 Likes

I would think you should and about 25 % perlite for drainage

4 Likes

I thought about perlite… I wanted to go 100 percent with what I got. So instead I used really fresh and fluffy composted bark/bark. I can grow monsters in this stuff outside should work inside I would think. Idk this is definitely a learning experience for sure!

6 Likes