My Bodhi Dreadbread F1 OP

Wicked. I’m growing LA Affie S1 from CV right now. I didn’t know Bodhi made a cross with LA Affie. You pop any beans yet brother? Your bodhi collection is quite large like mine :slight_smile:

!

6 Likes

Hey, thanks for popping in to see how thanks are going! @420PyRoS

My Bodhi collection is getting to be decently large now lol but as far as popping some beans actually I am planning to start back up this month, I had to take a small break after the last run I had multiple issues in, as I wanted to fully prepare myself to start without needing to run and buy anything mid grow.

Really the last month to month and a half has been pretty nuts in my personal life as well, my step daughter turned 18, graduated high school, and moved out of the house all one after another, every couple of weeks.

Proud of her as she is doing great in work, and awesome school wise, but definitely everything being so close to each other was fairly expensive, and is a pretty significant major life change, as far as empty nest syndrome kicking in and having more time both to start back growing my favorite plant and medicine, but also just to hang out just my wife and I, much more than we had time to do in previous months.

Now just to decide what strain or strains to start with first.

Thanks for the interest and I will be getting going this week at latest I’m hoping, and I have had some amazing seeds arrive this week, from some beans I’ve been wanting to buy for a while, to some beans I won here on OG which were a pack of Doug Dawsons Sour Grape…

Happy Growing and Peace! :v::seedling::pray:

10 Likes

Sounds like you’re a busy fellow like myself!
I’m on the opposite spectrum, second kid just turned one, the oldest just turned 5 and had her first ballot recital. Both a handful, and I’m still technically not supposed to be growing. The 4 plants I’m running are going to a friend’s place and shortly put into the ground. Got the LA Affie, Skankberry, Viper Cookies and Grape Kush going.

Mmm sour grape :grapes:

Can’t wait to see what you pop first!

3 Likes

So now I’m in need big time of medicine to smoke, edibles, RSO, distillate, etc.

I don’t know how it works in every state, but here in Florida they have tight regulations on how much THC you can purchase within a given period.

They split it up into different routes of administration like oral, sublingual, topical, edibles, and inhalation.

Oral is usually pills, RSO, or distillate. Sublingual is usually only for tinctures. Topical can include RSO but was originally intended for tincture. Edibles include the premade edibles but here in FL, I’ve only seen gummies, chocolate, lozenges, and mints, which all can only be 100 mg THC in a package maximum, and cost average $20 for just 10 gummies so they each have 10 mg each. Inhalation is mostly for anything that can be vaped like dabs , cartridges, distillate, kief, and bubble hash.

And they added smokeable a few years ago, which allows flower in its own category.

The smokable route only allows 2.5 ounces every 35 days. All the others added together cannot exceed 24,500 mg in 70 days.

This sounds like a crazy amount, but remember, I have been in a few very bad car accidents, and have so many injuries from head to toe, for example, my right leg that is held together by a rod below my knee, my pelvis is screwed together with multiple plates on both sides, my left leg was broken as well, but it doesn’t have any hardware holding it together, my left arm also has plates in it, my right shoulder was dislocated and I tore my rotator cuff and labrum, and to wrap it up my jaw is screwed together with multiple plates as well.

4 Likes

The flower is usually enough mostly and I don’t run out of that route, but just about everything else I usually am able to run down to 0 mg that are dispensable.

If each bag of gummy’s is 100 mg and I can easily eat one bag in a day, if you do a little math, 70×100 equals 7000 just in that route.

Then if you factor in RSO and distillate consumption, each syringe is typically 65-80% THC with a weight of 1 gram so when they dispense you, t try hwy subtract the active milligrams of THC, not the total weight.

So to be clear, an RSO syringe is often around 650 mg out of 1 g total weight, so they subtract 650 mg for that one syringe not 1000.

Now for more boring math stuff, if I use a syringe of RSO and distillate every 2-3 days then that alone could hit close to 22, 750.

So just between edibles distillate and RSO I easily can be consuming around 30,000 mg of THC within that 70 day period of that order from the DR.

And they make it much more difficult than with a regular prescription that you get a full bottle of on the fill date, on the days you get a new order, you do not get your full quantity back on that order if you used it up the month before.

So each product has a purchase date and expiration date, and they add milligrams back to your order as older products are expired that you purchased however, many milligrams was in those products gets added back to your order.

So long story short their products suck, or I wouldn’t need such a large quantity constantly to keep me out of pain, I know I have been smoking for 16-17 years nonstop at least since the last time I took a real break, but if I was able to make RSO and distillate at home, I would not need anything from them.

Every time I harvest a crop once it is fully dried cured and everything I never go to the dispensary until I have smoked at least over half of it which takes months on end usually, but at some point eventually I do run out and need to go to the dispensary just to get by sadly.

I love the flower that I grow, I have been happy with edibles I made, the bubble hash that I make at times is typically very high-quality as well, I just don’t have experience making gummy’s or cartridges at home or products that need more equipment to be produced.

So hopefully a couple of you guys had the patience to read this huge, massive post, explaining how crappy the medical marijuana situation is in Florida.

They don’t allow us to grow, they control our milligrams, the products are very overpriced, etc.

Peace and happy growing!!! :pray::peace_symbol::seedling::green_heart:

5 Likes

Welcome to Jersey? :wink: Sucks that they’ve got you on as tight a leash as we are up here… though I’ve heard the landscape is at least a little easier for people trying to get into business there, which is probably nice. Then again, @Nagel420 hasn’t checked in since before he moved down there, so maybe they’ve locked him up just for applying. Or maybe he’s spent this whole time scuba diving. Who knows. Not really my point. Hopefully someday they’ll let us be a little bit more free, though I’m not holding my breath and continue to do wtfever I want at home.

I was at this same place about 2 years ago… now I’m only buying vape carts from them occasionally, because they’re more discreet and portable than carrying around jars of bud and a bowl. I’d suggest taking a look at the Green Dragon thread to get you started.

3 Likes

Was hoping to see some of these being grown out. Thought I was in a grow journal/diary, but it’s a seed thread. Lots of nice packs there. Will be fun to see them grown out.

4 Likes

@PatHealy it will be definitely a grow journal as soon as I’m finally started once again, but I botched starting it on time or when I originally planned for, after many unexpected things coming up from old debt leading me to financial troubles, environmental difficulties (last run when one of my circulation fans crapped out on me then shortly after my dehumidifier died too), plus major changes in my personal life, so I’ve been working hard on making sure this run won’t be as one troublesome like my last one that I wasn’t fully prepared for, I got too excited and rushed into it if that makes sense.

I know I’m for sure dragging my feet, but I’ll have something going very soon and will keep updating it throughout the whole grow.

5 Likes

Since a few folks on this thread are Bodhi growers, please take a moment to VOTE on which 1 of 9 Hashplant fathered strains you’d like to get in a future OG F2 seed run. Thanks!

8 Likes

I would vote on the post you made in the Bodhi seed and strain discussion thread, but it was made very clear to me in the past that I don’t deserve to be on that thread unless I have pics of some Bodhi plants going.

(Which is why the mods separated it into two threads… so we’d have a thread that’s full of plant info and pics, and another one for all other Bodhi related topics.) but if that’s how multiple people out of Bodhi’s fan base acts towards others, then I definitely am not at all part of that crowd.

I’m just a grower who loves countless genetics for the effects they give me, and just the love of the plant. I appreciate and respect Bodhi’s work greatly, but if people who frequent that thread are bothered by me posting when it’s absolutely on topic, I’ll just stick to my own thread.

4 Likes

You could vote without posting in the thread… sure, your user name would show up in the wiki edit history, but that’s going through a lot of trouble to keep a beef going.

3 Likes

Yeah that’s true, I didn’t have words with anyone on this site since joining until that one time. And I haven’t had any since that situation as well, but I would very much prefer to not have any words with anyone no matter who or what reason why.

Most often, it’s mostly the opposite, people on here usually keep me motivated to try harder be a better person, as I grow and see signs of weaker areas within myself that I need to improve, and to push to work harder with this plant.

I finally got my butt more in gear this weekend. Swept up my grow area, dusted the top of my LED, wiped down my fans, cleaned up my dehumidifier, pulled out some plastic seedling pots, and really studied my master list of all my seeds to narrow down to 4-5 packs of what I’ll be popping next.

Now I’m gonna start filling the seedling pots with some Pro-Mix HP. Might also do some plants in coco for fun.

Too many seeds and not enough time to pop them all, so I’ll be excited to pop a few more at once, pheno hunt something nice that’ll also perform decent in my environment, and maybe give me better pain relief than what I usually have around.

10 Likes

4-5 packs is a lot of plants and puts the pressure on you. Sounds like you need a relaxed grow that turns out well. I’d suggest popping one or two packs depending on how many lights and just sticking with four females per light. Keep it easy and not too hectic until you’ve got it down to a routine. Honestly, you might realize that’s the way you prefer doing things or you can then start trying more plants per light once you’ve turned out smoke of the quality you’re looking for. Best of luck with it!

6 Likes

Yeah I agree, I’ll probably choose 2 out of my 4 original choices, just to look for some really heavy smoke and see how I like growing them this way in this environment.

Been brainstorming for a bit so I probably changed my mind 3x now but I think this is what I’ll go with finally.

I used to run Pro Mix or Coco depending what I had available locally in a similar set up, but it’s been a few years for sure, and that was under 1K HPS.

This way can be a middle ground, and then I can go up or down with my plant count as needed, once I have a pheno that I’m happy with keeping for a while.

5 Likes

Nice! I’m guessing you have a decent setup if you’re running 1000w hps in FL. I haven’t even broke the 1000w de bulbs out here. Haha. That heat is too much for me.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m in FL now moved here in 2017 after I met my wife, but I was in California back when I ran HPS, that’s where I was born raised started growing but later after living here in FL and setting back up, the heat caused me to switch to LED a few years back.

I’ve used CMH successfully here in FL in previous set ups too, but never HPS as the heat here can be rather brutal at times with the humidity on top of it also

2 Likes

Similar to me somewhat. Grew up here, moved out to California in ‘04, came back here around the end of 2018. Much easier to grow in a room out there. Haha

2 Likes

That one guy’s someone you might try to ignore. The world is full of bullies, i try to ignore them and keep doing my own thing.

If you want, you can tell me the strain you’d like to see, and i will vote for you “an anonymous friend”. No pressure though.

I haven’t posted plant photos in a long time. But like You, i am a cannabis enthusiast. That’s all that matters to me. You like weed, i like weed. A person doesn’t ever have to grow a single plant, and still have valueable insight and opinions on weed imo.

6 Likes

Great advice!
I used to have 24+ different strains (1-2 plants each) and it was nerve wracking. All the diff. nutrient needs and plant size and flowering times differences.
It was way more enjoyable to do just 6-12 plants of 1-2 strains. I got to dial-in the plants better and learned what the strains needed faster. Better buds harvested with less time and effort, was the result.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t let anything one person said get u down… especially since you’re a patreon supporter and you literally pay money to use Overgrow… as do I… some guy literally called me stupid last week in that same discussion thread… because I said that some strains are more prone to having higher male to female ratios or vice versa when it comes to seed germination than others. That guy didn’t agree and wanted to be a rude a**h*le. The internet is full of pricks like this. It’ll never change either. Might as well just ignore whoever it was or put them on your block list. I have a few people blocked myself.

12 Likes